IGNORED

Sega Aero City Restore

I could get one made, but I am not skilled enough to make my own. I do know a guy in metal fabrication who could make it for me, but I'd just prefer to buy a nice repro, then I don't have to get an overlay printed and applied.

• Like 1

That one definitely is a shoddy repro made by Yaton or his crew. I had ones from them before and was never happy with the glossy finger print magnet sticker.

Alberto does better quality repros for about the same price. Im getting some stuff off him soon if you wanna split shipping @namastepat

Been sweating my socks off for an update Pat! Looks like she’s in full swing now mate, that distribution unit looks like it would be a perfect option. Respray looking perfect, love em when they look like a nice clean fridge inside! Can’t wait to see the old girl fully assembled.

-Tom

Not a clean fridge inside, as I didn't paint the inside 🙂 

Stripped the driving cab for parts last night. Removed the 26 inch Nanao MS8, but because it was in a Gottlieb cabinet, it didn't have a monitor frame to mount the chassis to. I spent last night tinkering with a spare frame I had, but I couldn't make the chassis fit to my liking. So I crawled under my house to drag out another spare 26 inch tube to steal the frame, as the tube in that frame has scratches on the face.

Long story short, I aimed to get the monitor into the cab last night, but I didn't make it due to all the frame stuffing around.

I will likely get the monitor fitted tonight and update with photos. Cab has no bezel, so the next step will be to try and retrofit a 26 inch bezel to fit into the Aero. That could end up being difficult. When I bought the cab, it had a shitty corflute bezel cut which was made for an LCD. Massive bummer that, as Aero bezels are pretty much impossible to buy.

• Like 1

Put the cab back together today and dropped the monitor in. This project will now stall for a while as I wait for the control panel from China and the decals from Belgium. @Ryan555 has taken the distro box to wire me up a harness that suits it. So now I just have to play the waiting game for a bit.

I have a few more small things to do, like sanding back the control panel surround to bare metal before applying the decal. There are also a few paint sections I am not happy with, so I may do a little more painting.

I also need to start cutting down the bezel I have. It's a square shaped bezel, which is what I need, but it's too large and needs to be trimmed on all sides. The bezel is made from fibreglass it seems, and is far sturdier than any of the thin plastic bezels I have in my other cabs. No idea how I am going to trim it without damaging it.

IMG_20211016_165307.jpg

IMG_20211016_165117.jpg

• Like 6

Worked on the bezel this Arvo. Measured up the dimensions where the bezel is mounted on the Aero. Needed to cut 17.5cm off each side of the bezel I had. Marked it up using a whiteout pen and a straight edge.

I used an angle grinder with a diamond cutting disc to do it and am pretty happy with how it turned out. Very glad I didn't crack it. Still need to sand the edges and then start test fitting for the mounting holes to be drilled.

IMG_20211017_163503.jpg

IMG_20211017_174123.jpg

• Like 3