IGNORED

VPGL 18 - Game 2 ~ Star Trek The Next Generation - Closed

Posted (edited)

​ ​ GAME 2.... And we have new worlds to explore...

VPGL 18 - Game 2 ~ Star Trek The Next Generation

Nominated by VPGL legends, mozzie1 & mrs mozz & Jed

​2129704127_e3867bb0a31cbce1d6d3184efb8b7e85(Small).jpg.52db88d98a564f54f4e023efa4c45ae2.jpg​

Star Trek the Next Generation was released by Williams in 1993 and is a Dot Matrix Display pinball machine.

Concept by: Steve Ritchie

Design by: Steve Ritchie, Dwight Sullivan, Greg Freres

Art by: Greg Freres

Dots/Animation by: Scott Slomiany, Eugene Geer

Mechanics by: Carl Biagi

Music by: Dan Forden

Sound by: Dan Forden

Software by: Dwight Sullivan, Matt Coriale

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FyB...ew?usp=sharing

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...showfile=11590

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/...neration-lx-3/

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 30 May 2021, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will play pinball at Warp Factor 9?

[gs]1fZJDb2uHNePko5SXJQzJ2tXOWkw9zzOTjbH80jgYPr0[/gs]​​

Edited by JustAnotherRat
  • Like 3

We’ll I’ve come home from work and had a game of doubles and Mrs Moz 909,819,700 and yes the four letter words came out of my mouth she’s playing hot and for the time being boys she’s in the lead..

let’s hope she wins a game 👌🤞

1042316F-BA12-40DE-8347-243F9EA80077.thumb.jpeg.c0a49b5c154ba2029d090af74885e932.jpeg

• Like 1

First try on that already installed table. After a couple of unsuccessful tries, a WTF multiball with 3 or 4 times the 3x jackpot made me score a 1.356.664.840 score. Don't know what it will worth here, but at home I'm the Grand Champion ^^

IMG_20210514_215140.thumb.jpg.28211c67472624675b035b0dd6608607.jpg

• Like 1

We’ll I’ve come home from work and had a game of doubles and Mrs Moz 909,819,700 and yes the four letter words came out of my mouth she’s playing hot and for the time being boys she’s in the lead..

let’s hope she wins a game 👌🤞

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2208978}[/ATTACH]

Great score. I'd love to see her win a game.

• Like 1

First try on that already installed table. After a couple of unsuccessful tries, a WTF multiball with 3 or 4 times the 3x jackpot made me score a 1.356.664.840 score. Don't know what it will worth here, but at home I'm the Grand Champion ^^

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2209000}[/ATTACH]

Grabs the lead on both games 1 and 2... at least for now.

• Like 2

just posting a score incase i dont make it back

...from the neutral zone ?

one of my nominations first up, yes! Not that I am any good at it, just a massive fan of STTNG the TV series.

• Like 2

...from the neutral zone ?

one of my nominations first up, yes! Not that I am any good at it, just a massive fan of STTNG the TV series.

make it back to better my score

I just seem to forget / or don't find time before the round ends. i usually remember on the Monday after its closed

I hope he doesn't mind me sharing, but @Yakass scores huge scores on this game and provided a guide in the Pinball Arcade High Scores section on his method. I've copied and pasted it below to help everyone:

Ok guys, here's how I'm doing it.

I generally start by selecting 'Lite Lock' on launch options, and will do so with most balls because overall this strategy relies on spamming locks and getting Borg multiball as often as possible.

The first order of business when starting the game is to get holodeck lit (3 shuttles), and get the extra ball this offers before lighting extra ball any other way. if you get EB before Holodeck, you won't get the holodeck EB (it won't appear)

The next step is to hammer warp speed. But (and this is important) you only do this once. Get the EB from Warp 8. Once I have achieved this, I will use that same ball to spam warp speed any chance I get. The strategy here is to double the spinner value as often as possible. You can get it up to 25mill per spin, which is more than double super spinner. For some reason this doesn't always hold, but sometimes it does (not sure whats going on there).

After this ball it is very important NOT to reach warp 5 at all if you can help it, and here is why (and this is key): At 8x multiplier you will get an extra ball. if you end up with multipliers held at warp 5, you can't get an extra ball from 8x the following ball. It is kind of tricky to avoid getting to warp 5 if you have a good long ball, especially if you get lots of multiballs and or final frontier, but try hard to not get to warp 5. Use multiballs to get your multiplier up to 8x

Reaching 8x multiplier should be the #1 priority at the start of any ball, so spam the lock hole. Once you've reached 8x, then go for missions but not before.

In the event that you do inadvertently hit warp 5, then by all means advance warp speed, but next ball go back to avoiding it so you can reset the cycle of achieving EB every ball.

Go for Borg multiball as much as possible (this is the best way to get to 8x multiplier and thus EB). When you get it, try very hard to nail each shot with the canons. It will raise your jackpot by 10 million every time you nail it.

Then when multiball starts, let some balls drain while ball save is flashing. This means balls get ejected back into play and back into the jets, so this also helps raise your jackpot score.

Shoot for the jackpot hole as a priority, only go for super jackpots when the advance warp speed is not lit (so as not to reach warp 5).

Use any instance of Ferengi and Cardassian multiballs to spam the shuttle. There are 3 extra balls on offer via the shuttle, at 15, 50 (i think it is) and 250. Then it resets and then they are available to you again. Pay attention to any opportunity you get to hit the shuttle when 2x shuttle is active. That will help you advance it fast.

So really the name of the game can be summed up as spam Borg multiball locks in order to raise jackpots and take advantage of them, all the while getting an EB every ball. Avoid Warp 5 to make this possible. So ball control is obviously really important, and a part of this is accuracy. Get that lock shot down so that you hit it more often than missing it.

A handy tip regarding aiming of the canons is not to aim for the holes themselves, but a part of the table closer to the canons that is lined up with the hole. Left canon, aim for the Romulans left eyeball. Right canon, aim for the centre of the ring on the ball eject chute.

I think they are the main points. let me know if you have any questions

• Like 6

We’ll that’s going to be the score to beat….must have read the rules that JAR posted earlier….

• Like 2

The DMD score is hard to read so I took a high score photo as well. Bit of work to get get close to the leaders.

sttng_2.thumb.jpg.b507d04c81c7fb80a388293edafc9277.jpg sttng_1.thumb.jpg.3273963b83ee21b0c558544bea82a63f.jpg

• Like 1

Once you get past 10 Billion the score on the DMD clocks but it shows up at the end of the game the right score. Freaked me out thinking I had lost 10 Billion points! I clicked the camera like crazy trying to get my score.

2 final frontiers and a swag of multi-balls and extra balls. I lost count of extra balls. The middle picture is the score I saw during the game.

sttng_1.thumb.jpg.b98d9005e469d42f52ff3aeb3e458dad.jpg

sttng_2.thumb.jpg.8fdfc909b87e4cf2659523d73ba2b229.jpg

sttng_3.thumb.jpg.e961d28ec78a3c4e7981cbf97cb5889c.jpg

• Like 2