Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 18 - Game 1 ~ Lariat - Closed

​ ​ GAME 1.... And we're spinning a lasso...

VPGL 18 - Game 1 ~ Lariat

Nominated by VPGL legend, Crakkers

a305721fadfa731ea1577f2adf381ff570a1ef61.jpg.28f9c785f7aecc15848bbed00b83824d.jpg

​​

Lariat was released by Gottlieb in 1969 and it is a 2 player Electro Mechanical pinball machine.

Design by: Ed Krynski

Art by: Art Stenholm

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...showfile=13451

The B2S can be downloaded here:

Backglass can be found with the table download

The ROM can be downloaded here:

No ROM is required for this game

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 30 May 2021, Midnight Sydney time.

5 ball is default for this game so that is what we are playing.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will rope the win in Game 1?

[gs]1r4MVpDnrUnFBBUfGE8VYRrsQue2Y5CTPcF_gav4zS3Q[/gs]​​

• Like 1

Mozzie1 159,560

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2209310}[/ATTACH]

Do Mr and Mrs Staypuft ever fall down :D

I remember when i first put in accelerometer nudge with the MS sidewinder, i had to remove everything that used to sit on top of my vpin... bang, crash.

• Like 1

Do Mr and Mrs Staypuft ever fall down :D

I remember when i first put in accelerometer nudge with the MS sidewinder, i had to remove everything that used to sit on top of my vpin... bang, crash.

�😂 no mate they have little screws in there feet the misses shakes the shit out of the machine..

• Like 2

106,730 Have no fear I am here...... Almost forgot about the comp. I gotta do something bout this freakin addiction. Oh and I have to find out from Russty where I should place at the end so I don't disappoint him again!

ed71d4102550c536bee504673708e586.png.cc54934bd5f02ba62b203b58e46129f1.png

• Like 2

106,730 Have no fear I am here...... Almost forgot about the comp. I gotta do something bout this freakin addiction. Oh and I have to find out from Russty where I should place at the end so I don't disappoint him again!

Haha. Gidday Bob. Just out of bed and dusted off the crystal ball. Sorry Bob it Is a little hazy and just waiting for the little white specs to settle. Oh its telling me if you send me $20 I can send you 6 lucky lotto numbers.Have a great comp mate. Your going to have to pull out your A game to win this one.

• Like 2

95860. What a gem.

Does Anyone know an easy way to get the rolling ball functions working using the existing scripting. I don't know how to do it with the existing scripting.

The only way I know the moment is by copying the Rolling Ball Script from the Viking Table, Export the rolling wood, metal and plastic files from the sound manger and import these into the Lariat table using the Sound Manager. ( I think it only uses the Rolling wood sounds) I then added a Timer called "RollingTimer" set for 10 interval and Enabled and then BINGO I hear a rolling pinball!

As far as I can work out Rolling Metal and Plastics need to be grouped and labeled correctly in the collection manager.

IMG_6298.thumb.jpg.7dba112271307f2085283598fcd49d19.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry mate.. not something I've really played with.

Not hearing Rolling ball sounds has perplexed me for quite some time JAR and I’ve just worked it out a method to fix it.

The rolling ball sounds work on the Lariet game but they are just so quiet and I can’t hear them on my machine. I might be deaf. I did try to increase the volume of the fx-rollingball0 to 10 sounds in the sound manager but they were still not loud enough. In the the sound manager you can select highlight any sound, select the position tab and sound location and volume can be adjusted there.

The rolling ball sound on the Viking table is much louder and I used those sounds on the Lariet table.

If anyone is interested to hear rolling ball sounds this fix works.

download the Viking table.

Export the fxRolling-Wood0, 1,2,3,4,5 files to your PC

Import these through the sound manager in the Lariet table

Delete the fx-ball rolling0 , 1,2,3,4,5

rename the fx-rolling-wood files to fx-rolling0 ,1,2,3,4,5

Bingo you have rolling ball. Sounds incredible

Edited by RusstyT
  • Like 1