Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLVII - Game 10 ~ Centipede (closes 30-May)

Mushroom mayhem ...

MGLXLVII – Game 10 ~ Centipede

Nominated by gamers: @kane and Blackflag82

ROMSet: ROMSet: 0.106-0.154: centiped - "Centipede (revision 3)", 0.155+ : centiped3 - "Centipede (revision 3)"

CO8UVCn.png

Game Story:

The player controls a gun that can only move in the bottom fifth of the screen. The object is to shoot a centipede that works its way down to the player area through a field of mushrooms. Other attacking enemies are fleas, spiders, and scorpions.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 30-May-2021, 7pm Sydney time.

Ws0T4bE.jpg

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid. Usage of any spider trap tactic is banned.

GAME 10 … A trackball game of survival ...

Never played before in the 16 year history of the MGL ...

ThplVHA.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Testing. Making sure I had the mouse settings correct. Figured I'd better take a screenshot just in case this is as good as I get. Trackballs weren't a big part of my gaming past.

First played Centipede on a tabletop at the Old England Hotel in Melbourne at a send-off for my Dad in July 1982. Then played Missile Command for the first time (also on a tabletop) a few weeks later in Sydney. Don't remember seeing another trackball game until 2002 in the US

0000.png.dcdf18e7c1a07d443bcf7f81017d78c5.png

• Like 2

Very rusty.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"centiped3-74447.png","data-attachmentid":2208967}[/ATTACH]

Just use some WD40 ... :lol

• Like 1

Pessimeister: 22, 428

0003.png.1b81beff6deeec13db69d3755de15a99.png

The first time I got to play on a Centipede cabinet was for an historical gaming convention at ACMI in Melbourne called "Game On" quite a few years back. It was a pretty intense yet captivating experience and I could see easily why players were attracted to it. I think it featured a bit in the Hollywood rom-com "Going the Distance (2010) with Drew Barrymore's character being rather good at it. Don't ask how I know this. Happy to get a score on the board at least. :)

• Like 2

Pessimeister: 22, 428

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0003.png Views:\t19 Size:\t4.3 KB ID:\t2209603","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2209603","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

The first time I got to play on a Centipede cabinet was for an historical gaming convention at ACMI in Melbourne called "Game On" quite a few years back. It was a pretty intense yet captivating experience and I could see easily why players were attracted to it. I think it featured a bit in the Hollywood rom-com "Going the Distance (2010) with Drew Barrymore's character being rather good at it. Don't ask how I know this. Happy to get a score on the board at least. :)

And the game also featured in a James Bond movie. I first posted this video in the MGL for Gravitar, but when you look closely, it's like the factory floor for Centipede in there! ... :lol

• Like 1

Day 8 of 17 ...

A nice game in a nice games room ...

K9VlT0E.png

Stick with it and you'll do well.

Only 9 days to go until this game is closed.

http://i.imgur.com/9mH5otw.gif