Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLVII - Game 9 ~ Robotron (closes 23-May)

​​Not a score submission, just a game showing what can be done with a gamepad type controller once you get used to it.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tF310.png Views:\t14 Size:\t271.5 KB ID:\t2208083","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2208083","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

Paul : If this game comes up in a future MGL, use a different ROM. This one crashes pretty often if you have a long game.​​

I didn't think this was the crash version. Looking at the WR of about 52 million, how did that gamer avoid the crash for so long? Also, what would you suggest as the future correct ROM to use and avoid the crash?

• Like 1

I didn't think this was the crash version. Looking at the WR of about 52 million, how did that gamer avoid the crash for so long? Also, what would you suggest as the future correct ROM to use and avoid the crash?

I'm not that knowledgeable on the various ROM versions to be honest, but I've only made it to 10 million playing the Solid Blue ROM set a few times. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it almost always resets for me.

I normally play the 'Tie-Die' ROM set. It supposedly has all the bugs sorted, and I don't believe it's ever crashed on me over hundreds of games, but you'll have to make a judgement call on whether you think its suitable for competition.

I won't link it here, but its not hard to find.

-------------------

Added from robotron2084guidebook :-

"Sean Riddle wrote: …I did a little googling, and it looks like people think the blue ROMs fix the shot-in-the-corner bug, but that’s not true. The patch came later..."

• Like 2

That's a lot of zeroes on your score! And you didn't nominate this game either. Marvellous.

So how did you avoid the crash that @Dazzer_ talks about on this ROM set?

And for all gamers here, please watch John's performance via this link, it may be helpful to your game ... https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...ohn-McAllister

It goes for almost 5 hours. Lovely gaming!

:026:

• Like 1

Sorry to have wasted people's time on this.

I did this on the wrong settings, default is 3 and I never even checked.

I'll do it again though as there really isn't much difference in the difficulty of play.

At least it should be quicker this time, look for it tomorrow or so.

How to avoid the reset, try not to shoot at enforcers when they are in the upper right corner. Either shoot them straight on or wait till they leave the corner.

• Like 2

114,400pts

Easily the highest-scoring game of Robotron on a keyboard for me

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2208406}[/ATTACH]

Nice score Ben :)

• Like 1

114,400pts

Easily the highest-scoring game of Robotron on a keyboard for me

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2208406}[/ATTACH]

Playing on a keyboard! Now that makes it even tougher ... ;)

• Like 2

Pessimeister: 68, 875

0007.png.a9e2e66eb0e96436203107977812a8fc.png

It's certainly a great feeling to finally play this game which definitely seems to have a cult following. More experimentation with controls will hopefully raise the score. Love the Williams sounds.

I keep getting Bubbles flashbacks which is funny as the game is psychedelic enough!

• Like 4

redelf 15683100

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2208587}[/ATTACH]

The world simulation crashed at this time and all civilization was lost.

LOL.

Have you got the 10 million rollover? I can only see 5,683,100.

• Like 1

Where does one start with Robotron? How about here ...

To view the complete article, right click and select "Open image in new tab".

RnRki4C.png

WmKGN16.png

Only 7 days to go until this game is closed.

:027:

• Like 2

Pessimeister: 127, 275

0010.png.6140073b3f28e3b35ef888c45bdb566f.png

Trying joystick for movement and fire buttons for firing feels easier than keyboard it seems. Not sure I'll get more, but it won't be due to lack of trying. :) (Sorry Yoda, trying presupposes doing!)

Edited by Pessimeister
  • Like 3