Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Next Stern Pinball. ..The Mandalorian :)

I think that doll is doing a fantastic job. It is designed to use the force to piss off all the haters in the hobby.

Haters is a bit harsh, simply because someone has an opinion on a particular stagnant feature that could of had a little more attention. Stern have been called out on their code and quality and often lack of imagination. Pooling, splitting cabinets or lack of code, then sure if your not in on a new game or you have an opinion that goes against someone’s love for a title then I guess your a hater.

• Like 1

Haters is a bit harsh, simply because someone has an opinion on a particular stagnant feature that could of had a little more attention. Stern have been called out on their code and quality and often lack of imagination. Pooling, splitting cabinets or lack of code, then sure if your not in on a new game or you have an opinion that goes against someone’s love for a title then I guess your a hater.

I really like that the doll has stirred up so much controversy. Bit like the "toy on a spring" fiasco.

Haters is not harsh mate, opinions are fine and most people are good with that but go on FB and Pinside and see some of the negative and really bad stuff posted and you will see what I mean. It is really bad for the hobby in my view, we are really lucky in Australia.

I really like that the doll has stirred up so much controversy. Bit like the "toy on a spring" fiasco.

Haters is not harsh mate, opinions are fine and most people are good with that but go on FB and Pinside and see some of the negative and really bad stuff posted and you will see what I mean. It is really bad for the hobby in my view, we are really lucky in Australia.

Whats. Some of the negative stuff? I can't see any let alone game changer ones to not buy

Whats. Some of the negative stuff? I can't see any let alone game changer ones to not buy

If you are ok with it all, that is good by me too. Pinball is all about you and what you like, if you change a decision to buy a game just because of someone else's opinion, that is silly in my view..

• 2 weeks later...
Received notification today my LE has been delayed by a month…now expecting to arrive mid August.

Has anyone been asked to put down a deposit yet? I haven't heard anything from AMD at my end. Mind you suits me to a tee in not having had to worry as my cashflow issues end this week as end of year fin year begins to kick in and it will be easy to sort then.

Has anyone been asked to put down a deposit yet? I haven't heard anything from AMD at my end. Mind you suits me to a tee in not having had to worry as my cashflow issues end this week as end of year fin year begins to kick in and it will be easy to sort then.

Had to pay $10.5k the day after being told I got one of the allocation though Zax.

Had to pay $10.5k the day after being told I got one of the allocation though Zax.

Ok interesting, I've heard zip to date since AMD told me they were extremely busy with inquiries etc back on the 12th May and that Bruce was handling orders/deposits, please be patient.

Ok interesting, I've heard zip to date since AMD told me they were extremely busy with inquiries etc back on the 12th May and that Bruce was handling orders/deposits, please be patient.

I would follow them up…

What happened to the non refundable deposits, is it a full payment upfront now on all Stern purchases or discretionary from sellers ?

What happened to the non refundable deposits, is it a full payment upfront now on all Stern purchases or discretionary from sellers ?

10.5k isn't full price deposit but seems exorbitant. Usually a 50% deposit is the norm now.

hate to say it but if a deposit hasn't been placed on an le weeks ago, I'd say you're not on the list. Hope I'm wrong for you.

• Like 2

Received notification today my LE has been delayed by a month…now expecting to arrive mid August.

I got told today my premium got bumped from August to December. Makes me wonder if it’s worth the bother at all.

• Like 2

It’s not the norm, Stern were forcing distributors to pay up front due to tight allocation for LEs and the demand.

• Like 1

I would follow them up…

I've got a very good relationship with them going back 18 years, they haven't stuffed me up with anything to date. If anything I'll shoot them an email today or Monday and see how everything is traveling.

EDIT: reached out today and they confirmed to me they only got a measly 13 LE. No wonder they were gone before the fact, especially with the FOMO types out there at the moment. Also given the ridiculous delay till December on Premiums, I've said I'll just wait thanks and also see if Godzilla is the next title or not and also get to no doubt play a Mando Pro in the meantime somewhere.

Edited by OurManinOz
  • Like 1

I've got a very good relationship with them going back 18 years, they haven't stuffed me up with anything to date. If anything I'll shoot them an email today or Monday and see how everything is traveling.

EDIT: reached out today and they confirmed to me they only got a measly 13 LE. No wonder they were gone before the fact, especially with the FOMO types out there at the moment. Also given the ridiculous delay till December on Premiums, I've said I'll just wait thanks and also see if Godzilla is the next title or not and also get to no doubt play a Mando Pro in the meantime somewhere.

Looks like AMD and Australia got the raw end of the stick with this title. I do feel for AMD, it must be tough for them at the moment because getting games seems to be pretty hard. Looking at the website theres loads of titles that will not be here until 2022. Cant be good for the bottom line.

• Like 1

Looks like AMD and Australia got the raw end of the stick with this title. I do feel for AMD, it must be tough for them at the moment because getting games seems to be pretty hard. Looking at the website theres loads of titles that will not be here until 2022. Cant be good for the bottom line.

Yeah same, demand is through the roof but they can't get stock.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything for some time. Keen to get this bad boy. Im thinking the Le trim will look the goods. End august best guess.

I have been told mid August for my LE but as always that could push out.

I was initially on the fence with the layout etc but after watching more play it looks fun and has a few things that change it up a bit for a stern. I also like the grogu area tbh with the shit load of lanes, not sure why... maybe its a little more old school looking.