Jump to content
IGNORED

Next Stern Pinball. ..The Mandalorian :)


Replay
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, OurManinOz said:

Sorry to hear that. Does kinda make me thing it was good I didn't jump in with Godzilla coming out tomorrow.

All well and good but you won’t be getting any Godzilla machines here anytime soon either…

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anyone that's interested in protecting their ramp entrance, Cliffy now has a ramp protector set (along with a shooter lane & drain set):

mando-base-set01.jpg

 

Given the number of people reporting a broken left side of the ramp entrance from the small protectors that ship with the game - I decided grab a set. They're $28USD plus $11USD for shipping. I think the shooter lane / drain set was around the same also.

 

 

 

Edited by Jesder
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Just heard back from Bruce that my Mando Premium should be arriving (with AMD) late tomorrow. 

Not sure on LE's, but they would have to be arriving at the same time or close I would think!?

My cliffy set arrived today too, which I'll be glad to have on the ramps from day 1. 

Anyway, not long now 🙂

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd imagine giving the production timing the LEs would certainly be in this shipment if it contains premiums. 

I'm looking forward to hearing the Godzilla LEs are on the water, not excited about the wait though as per what we've seen with Mando.  Definitely can say I've no longer got any regrets missing out on Mando LE from what I've now seen of Godzilla 😁 

Edited by OurManinOz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, OurManinOz said:

I'd imagine giving the production timing the LEs would certainly be in this shipment if it contains premiums. 

I'm looking forward to hearing the Godzilla LEs are on the water, not excited about the wait though as per what we've seen with Mando.  Definitely can say I've no longer got any regrets missing out on Mando LE from what I've now seen of Godzilla 😁 

I wanted a mando LE and missed out, I’m kinda glad now coz I could not have done mando LE and Godzilla LE. I managed to get Godzilla LE and I have played plenty of the mando pro which I love. I’m happy to order a mando pro at some point and can’t wait for Godzilla LE! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, wormdrummer said:

Got a feeling we will be flooded with Mando LE's on the market. Now everyone wants Godzilla instead.

From what I've heard mando was much more hotly sort after than Godzilla, talking comparative le demand on release. The mando list was a mile long and a less than expected amount was allocated. Not many are landing and its an extremely popular theme so have to respecrfully disagree there. I cant see many cropping up at all and if they do they will be pricey. Not to mention the le is an absolute looker of a package. No way I would swap an le Godzilla for a mando le. 

Just for a bit of sale precedent also... Stern SW LEs are going for quite a bit more than aiq LEs currently. Theme matters and the  code on elwin games doesn't  always end up being everyone's cup of tea. Btw I love aiq 🙂

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poor Mando, almost seems like old news now. Usually the new title is announced as the previous title lands. Loved the pro, looking forward to playing a Premium or LE. Be interesting to see if Godzilla makes the January ETA.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JohnBryce0712 said:

From what I've heard mando was much more hotly sort after than Godzilla, talking comparative le demand on release. The mando list was a mile long and a less than expected amount was allocated. Not many are landing and its an extremely popular theme so have to respecrfully disagree there. I cant see many cropping up at all and if they do they will be pricey. Not to mention the le is an absolute looker of a package. No way I would swap an le Godzilla for a mando le. 

Just for a bit of sale precedent also... Stern SW LEs are going for quite a bit more than aiq LEs currently. Theme matters and the  code on elwin games doesn't  always end up being everyone's cup of tea. Btw I love aiq 🙂

Hotly sought after doesn't necessarily translate to anything other than fact Stern picked a hugely popular theme and lots of people bought it. A lot of them would have bought on theme alone, not Steve Ritchies design vs Keith Elwin's design in AIQ. Theme can definitely end up being an overriding factor these days no doubt. SW is certainly a good example there. Wasn't always the case though but I blame fact we have such an influx of newcomers who just don't know pinball the way a lot us do in terms of how we look at games ie gameplay, design and depth of code. The irony of course is hearing people in the US pronouncing Godzilla as Elwin's best title yet when they've played it. 

Edited by OurManinOz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/10/21 at 3:59 PM, wormdrummer said:

Got a feeling we will be flooded with Mando LE's on the market. Now everyone wants Godzilla instead.

No chance that will happen, there are hardly any coming here. Godzilla looks great, yes. However it’s also the latest release….there is always another great release just around the corner. People always want the latest.
By the time Godzilla lands here, the next Stern will already be released.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ronin74 said:

No chance that will happen, there are hardly any coming here. Godzilla looks great, yes. However it’s also the latest release….there is always another great release just around the corner. People always want the latest.
By the time Godzilla lands here, the next Stern will already be released.

That's true

Edited by wormdrummer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Ronin74 said:

No chance that will happen, there are hardly any coming here. Godzilla looks great, yes. However it’s also the latest release….there is always another great release just around the corner. People always want the latest.
By the time Godzilla lands here, the next Stern will already be released.

Yeah that would be the main factor if not many actually coming here. I'd thought it was popular, talking about the premiums of course, know we hardly got any allocation of LE's.

Little doubt this scenario is likely in the US though.

Depends on title though, do you really want RUSH that badly in the case of next release 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OurManinOz said:

Yeah that would be the main factor if not many actually coming here. I'd thought it was popular, talking about the premiums of course, know we hardly got any allocation of LE's.

Little doubt this scenario is likely in the US though.

Depends on title though, do you really want RUSH that badly in the case of next release 😆

Mando is popular, anyone saying  it’s not just because of the hype around Godzilla is disingenuous. The best title in pinball is always the next one. Maybe not so much Rush as that is very niche, then again look at Stranger Things.  No love when it came out, was derided and now is hot property.

Edited by Ronin74
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely not my point to talk about it in those terms. Legitimate feedback right now is Elwin's effort doesn't help Richie's underwhelming design on Mando. I definitely put the ST hype into the come lately theme hype category. I was and still am so underwhelmed by that design too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OurManinOz said:

 Elwin's effort doesn't help Richie's underwhelming design on Mando. 

How much design did Richie do, if any, on mando? I thought it was only Eddy?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, OurManinOz said:

Definitely not my point to talk about it in those terms. Legitimate feedback right now is Elwin's effort doesn't help Richie's underwhelming design on Mando. I definitely put the ST hype into the come lately theme hype category. I was and still am so underwhelmed by that design too. 

Maybe you rare confusing LZ with Mando. Brian Eddy did Mando.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/10/2021 at 11:28 PM, Koops said:

How much design did Richie do, if any, on mando? I thought it was only Eddy?

 

On 24/10/2021 at 7:14 AM, Ronin74 said:

Maybe you rare confusing LZ with Mando. Brian Eddy did Mando.

Yep sorry Ritchie and LZ design and his JJP move on the brain and it was Saturday night doing a quick reply in the midst of catching up with mates. Mando's Brian Eddy and ST designs I what I should have said. Doesn't always pay to try to flick back a quick response on your phone at times while distracted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...