Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Next Stern Pinball. ..The Mandalorian :)

Congrats mate, it’s always awesome when a new pinnie arrives
I’m hanging for the call from AMD to say my Le has dispatched, was told it would be this week 🤞

Edited by Hawks
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of initial impressions:

Pros 

Immersive game, well integrated theme and display. Stackable multiballs and modes plus multipliers. Good strategy can lead to a hefty pay day if done correctly.  The foundry adds to strategy and is well executed.

Layout is excellent with some old school elements. Backhandable shots, good combos, lots of staging and diverters for the ball... some good mechanical action with the upper pf. I did have initial impression that it was centre shot all day but code makes you play the entire pf for decent scoring and progression.

Cons

Not good enough to stop me playing gnr

Code is buggy as shit at .98

Grogu is fine and doesn't take up wasted real estate as some think, and the child lanes are a nice throwback... BUT the child awards need to be more lucrative over just normal mystery awards. I could care less if he moves or not... its a very nice mould.

Needs more side missions. 

Art - all subjective but a real rustic western presentation with all the rich colours, dark metal and warm lighting. Whoever did the art nailed it and should be doing more games. A nice break from  the rainbow vomit palate that has come out of late.  Probably the nicest looking backglass since bksor. 

Edited by JohnBryce0712
  • Like 6

Took me a few plays, but now that I’ve got the feel of the game, it’s great fun

Very interesting layout and the mini playfield is pretty awesome

Easy to backhand the big left ramp, but I do find the right ramp to be difficult to backhand, not a big deal, but would be nice if that shot could be dialed in 

• Like 1

Yes some satisfying shots, lots of makeable backhands. Straight up the guts seems to get a work out and is and easy shot.

Had a chance to see the pro and LE against each other. Stark differences in the finish and sound. The mini pf is quite fun on the LE as its tough as nails. Not at all like that disaster in munsters or ACDC and a step up from GOT.

• Like 2

On 14/11/2021 at 10:03 PM, Hawks said:

Took me a few plays, but now that I’ve got the feel of the game, it’s great fun

Very interesting layout and the mini playfield is pretty awesome

Easy to backhand the big left ramp, but I do find the right ramp to be difficult to backhand, not a big deal, but would be nice if that shot could be dialed in 

The right ramp does take a bit to get the hang of backhanding it. I think its purposefully difficult as it can be the most lucrative shot on the game...

If you have full pf 6x running plus flame thrower at 2x then your 4x on the ramp going you can potentially have a huge pay day for that shot.  The game really makes you use the whole pf and work for that pf x. Its no gimme plus the foundry strategy plays a big part. 

Edited by JohnBryce0712

Played an LE last weekend.

This is an awesome game.

First thing I noticed was while the promo playfield pics of the game suggested that the layout is rather non-tradition and unorthodox, the game itself is really sweet to play. It has some traditional shots but the new stuff just seems to work too.

For example while Baby Yoda looks to just take up space at the back of the game in pictures, it is actually raised off the playfield and has an orbit around it as well a ramp running over it.

The mini playfield is a cool feature and can run during multiballs, but it is also played solo at times allowing a break from the main game, mixing-up the gameplay in a positive way. As you imagine it starts off easy and climbs as difficulty increases as well as the number of shots to be made. This will be a challenge to master.

The mini-playfield and the Beskar armor/foundry reminded me a little of premium/LE GoT mini-playfield and Lanister gold, except both are much better here. As if Dwight has fine tuned them and put them on steroids.

This game is a winner, buyers must be happy. I'm keen to play it again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cooked71 said:

Really surprised how well this game plays. Lots of interesting shots and good flow.

And the upper pf is great.

Good to hear you're digging it Mark. Feel like it bodes well for Godzilla given the feedback I've read so far.

I'm definitely interested to catch up and play a Mando one of these days.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my LE a couple of days ago. I had the entire playfield replaced due to a factory quality fault, caught by the distributor (it should never have left stern like it did).

Might have been acceptable for a pro on site but not in a home LE version.

I was not expecting to see it fixed this side of a few months but only took ~ a month in the end, so kudos to zax/amd!

Minimal number of post unbox fixes I've needed to do but I still get the occasional ball flying off ramps though so its not entirely perfect yet.

Actual game play exceeded my expectations.

• Like 4

I drop the flipper strength down on any new stern I get. I did it with my le and have no balls flying off ramps etc. 235 I think I set them to. Flippers are strong enough still for all the shots. 

Upper pf flippers I kept factory as they shoot perfect.  That upper pf is underrated... so fun to blast away at. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JohnBryce0712 said:

I drop the flipper strength down on any new stern I get. I did it with my le and have no balls flying off ramps etc. 235 I think I set them to. Flippers are strong enough still for all the shots. 

Upper pf flippers I kept factory as they shoot perfect.  That upper pf is underrated... so fun to blast away at. 

Agree John and drop slings down as well, less air balls and side drains… top pf is a blast and very playable…

overall this has to out to not only be a spectacular looking Stern but a fun playable game 

• Like 1

There's been some evidence of ramps cracking just past the factory protectors. Highly recommend getting the cliffys which will prevent this ever happening. See pics of my install for factory protectors then cliffy replacements which completely protect that prone area where the ball hits the plastic ramp (1st pic shows factory protectors on each side which are a lot shorter). Its just a matter of time if its not sorted. Theres nothing fun about cracked ramps. Hope this helps... and This is the way. 

20211215_165429.jpg

20211215_172303.jpg

20211215_173017.jpg

20211215_173052.jpg

Edited by JohnBryce0712
  • Like 2

On 15/12/2021 at 5:38 PM, JohnBryce0712 said:

There's been some evidence of ramps cracking just past the factory protectors. Highly recommend getting the cliffys which will prevent this ever happening. See pics of my install for factory protectors then cliffy replacements which completely protect that prone area where the ball hits the plastic ramp (1st pic shows factory protectors on each side which are a lot shorter). Its just a matter of time if its not sorted. Theres nothing fun about cracked ramps. Hope this helps... and This is the way. 

20211215_165429.jpg

20211215_172303.jpg

20211215_173017.jpg

20211215_173052.jpg

I assume you got them direct from cliffy? How long did it take for him to reply? I emailed a week ago and are still waiting on a reply. I assumed he was flat out right now.

Edited by Koops

13 hours ago, Koops said:

I assume you got them direct from cliffy? How long did it take for him to reply? I emailed a week ago and are still waiting on a reply. I assumed he was flat out right now.

Yes from cliff.. he said he's flat chat. It took a good 6 weeks to get them.

• Thanks 1