Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Next Stern Pinball. ..The Mandalorian :)

Is AMD the main distributor for Stern and the other two resellers get their product from AMD? Or do all 3 order directly from Stern as independent Australian distributors?

AMD imports and the other have the opportunity to buy and sell sterns via AMD. They cannot import sterns themselves. A qld guy tried and got in to all sorts of bother I believe.

• Like 3

I'd say the same people who don't care about being on some 'A' list. Who actually use to buy games to play and enjoy.

Flip for profit is what is destroying the hobby not people who genuinely love it. Being on an "A" list just secures a spot for a NIB game and nothing more.

Flip for profit is what is destroying the hobby not people who genuinely love it.

I get what you're saying as it is frustrating to see. That said, I'm not sure it's that simple though to say that these people are destroying the hobby. Another way to look at it is that people can only flip these games for profit because the demand is outstripping supply. It's this demand that's driving the hobby and allowed all these new manufacturers to enter the market. People will always flip for profit if they can no matter what the item is.

But yeah I get your frustration when you see this happening. Still better than the sad old days of 15 years ago when there was only Stern struggling on making crappy games. Wheel Of Fortune, CSI, Big Buck Hunter etc. These are definitely more exciting times to be in the hobby for sure!

• Like 2

Flip for profit is what is destroying the hobby not people who genuinely love it. Being on an "A" list just secures a spot for a NIB game and nothing more.

I beg to differ, firstly the internet giving you the tools and ability to be pinged every time a machine is listed for sale. Secondly is FOMO, and the peacocking behaviours exhibited through collecting. The flipping practice would be minimised if people refused to pay inflated prices. My opinions may be different to yours but if you say No enough times to high prices you actually become emotionally distanced from it all and it becomes ludicrous what people are willing to pay.

• Like 1

I beg to differ, firstly the internet giving you the tools and ability to be pinged every time a machine is listed for sale. Secondly is FOMO, and the peacocking behaviours exhibited through collecting. The flipping practice would be minimised if people refused to pay inflated prices. My opinions may be different to yours but if you say No enough times to high prices you actually become emotionally distanced from it all and it becomes laughable hearing what people are willing to pay.

that idea might work with people who have no money , people with money don't care what they pay as long as they get it

you think the high prices is about the norm ? normal people can't go around spending 30-40k on a pinball it's madness and the wife wouldn't allow it anyway

that idea might work with people who have no money , people with money don't care what they pay as long as they get it

you think the high prices is about the norm ? normal people can't go around spending 30-40k on a pinball it's madness and the wife wouldn't allow it anyway

Define normal people. Because I say ‘ No’ to inflated prices in your view, I must one of the people with no money. Define no money? You see you’re the peacock who boasts about your LE collection but nobody cares especially people who have money to spend but choose not too on a 2nd purchaser NIB flipper machine. Better not to catalogue people because wealth isn’t defined by a pinball collection.

Edited by hotty

Define normal people. Because I say ‘ No’ to inflated prices in your view, I must one of the people with no money. Define no money? You see you’re the peacock who boasts about your LE collection but nobody cares especially people who have money to spend but choose not too on a 2nd purchaser NIB flipper machine. Better not to catalogue people because wealth isn’t defined by a pinball collection.

we are all normal people , what i mean is this , if i had a normal 9 to 5 job with kids at home and paying of a mortgage compared to, no mortgage, no kids at home and a well paying job, a pinball worth 20k or more is ludicrous i would have better priorities if life, i would have a few machines because i like pinballs but differently no 20k LE

as for me i have a few machines but that's because of the business i'm in and i need to have tax right offs, i do sell some from time to time to people chasing a certain machine and are willing to pay what i want , i don't go looking to sell and it doesn't bother me if i didn't

as for flipping , by definition that would imply a person buys for the sole purpose of selling and never holds onto anything,

pinball collector IMO are not flippers but rather following the market and demand , it would be ridicules to think a collector would sell a pinball at cost if the demand says otherwise,

I get what you're saying as it is frustrating to see. That said, I'm not sure it's that simple though to say that these people are destroying the hobby. Another way to look at it is that people can only flip these games for profit because the demand is outstripping supply. It's this demand that's driving the hobby and allowed all these new manufacturers to enter the market. People will always flip for profit if they can no matter what the item is.

But yeah I get your frustration when you see this happening. Still better than the sad old days of 15 years ago when there was only Stern struggling on making crappy games. Wheel Of Fortune, CSI, Big Buck Hunter etc. These are definitely more exciting times to be in the hobby for sure!

Yes, I agree with you, buyers are to blame too. Until supply catches up with demand I do not see used pin prices going anywhere and this is what has made new pins so popular.

I think the hobby is at its best ever. Some of the greatest games ever made have been in the last few years and we are lucky enough to be able to play them. Remaking some of the classices is a bonus for the hobby too.

• Like 2

I beg to differ, firstly the internet giving you the tools and ability to be pinged every time a machine is listed for sale. Secondly is FOMO, and the peacocking behaviours exhibited through collecting. The flipping practice would be minimised if people refused to pay inflated prices. My opinions may be different to yours but if you say No enough times to high prices you actually become emotionally distanced from it all and it becomes ludicrous what people are willing to pay.

We are on the same page. We have stopped buying used for now and are enjoying what we have. Lets see what happens when International flights are back on the table.

We are on the same page. We have stopped buying used for now and are enjoying what we have. Lets see what happens when International flights are back on the table.

Won't be flying OS for years, or not until 80%+ of Aussies are vaccinated which is a massive undertaking given current performance.

Pinball has been "found" and prices aren't going down soon

• Like 5

Won't be flying OS for years, or not until 80%+ of Aussies are vaccinated which is a massive undertaking given current performance.

Pinball has been "found" and prices aren't going down soon

Crazy times! The next year or two should be very interesting.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1030719050

Best SW so far. Really cool wizard mode innovations including different game play innovations. LCD images are great. Scoring seems ok.

Downside: Yet again the pro will play better due to in this case poor ramp design (why dont they playfield test LE's?????). Why go cheap and not have Fish tales style protectors to stop the ball flying off?? This happens on the right and horseshoe ramp. Also globes popping out twice during game play. FUGAZ.

Overall tho, wayyyy better than previous SW.

• Like 1

The smallest drop of clear silicon between the globe and the socket. Bulb will never come out till you want it out again. ;)

Could they not do this in the factory?

• Like 1

"Could they not do this in the factory"? = "Yeah I know Stern is a business and why add something to the cost when majority of games are HUO".

Aside from that hoping the ramp issue can be addressed cos that will really stuff the game play up. Or just play a pro....

Yer but why, people will still buy em.

A ten year old Stern suffers the same issues.

Quality is still a big issue.

Can go back further than that. Either Checkpoint or Phanton of the Opera had spotlights the bulbs always fell out of until you did the 'silicon trick". Terminator 2 and the red eyes, lucky to stay in for a week as were Addams and the chair lights. The factory fix would have been swap for bayonet but no. Silicon tube in the tool box was my solution.

Wow mando must be a dud of a game? No real comments since the reveal stream. Only comments concerning globes falling out. Does this mean people aren't impressed or maybe there's little wrong with it and people only like to criticise things??

personally I think it's got nice flow, pretty much no shot that's really dangerous if missed, not much bricking, good video, audio I dunno, and looks the goods.

even coding looks interesting seeing Dwight did it 😂.

all that said I'm not buying as I have another title on the water as we speak. But I wouldn't be too upset to have this in my collection on what I've seen

• Like 1

Wow mando must be a dud of a game? No real comments since the reveal stream. Only comments concerning globes falling out. Does this mean people aren't impressed or maybe there's little wrong with it and people only like to criticise things??

personally I think it's got nice flow, pretty much no shot that's really dangerous if missed, not much bricking, good video, audio I dunno, and looks the goods.

all that said I'm not buying as I have another title on the water as we speak. But I wouldn't be too upset to have this in my collection on what I've seen

I wasn’t a huge fan of Dwight until turtles! Man he absolutely crushed that game! He certainly changed my mind

• Like 1

I think people buying new games are not on AA or commenting on AA. There are a lot of new people in the hobby, and I think this is a good thing. Hopefully there will be more places to play pinball all around Australia as the COVID risk decreases and more places become lock down free. I know that a few operators are really hurting.

I like the game and I am looking forward to having a go on one. Grogu is definitely controversial and will gives plenty of people plenty to talk about.

• Like 2

After watching the Mandalorian series I think they could have enhanced the pinball machine with a more animated toys Considering Stern have enough mechs in their inventory to repurpose their use. Two come to mind a static Grogu and a statc space ship? I don’t care too much but for what they cost I would be expecting more. Anybody can enhance their machine with static figurines, making them actually have a purpose with the ball shots that’s the real interaction there.
  • Like 6

I wasn’t a huge fan of Dwight until turtles! Man he absolutely crushed that game! He certainly changed my mind

Turtles didn't grab me when I first played it, but hoping to get another go. It now has more positive feedback. I'd certainly like a Turtles pinball in my collection one day, so I'm hoping it grabs me.

I flicked through the Mando stream, but waiting to play it. I love Star Wars and loved The Mandalorian, but so far it's not a must own game. Grogu/baby Yoda doesn't move and the mini playfield doesn't make sense to me with Mando's helmet.

• Like 2

After watching the Mandalorian series I think they could have enhanced the pinball machine with a more animated toys Considering Stern have enough mechs in their inventory to repurpose their use. Two come to mind a static Grogu and a statc space ship? I don’t care too much but for what they cost I would be expecting more. Anybody can enhance their machine with static figurines, making them actually have a purpose with the ball shots that’s the real interaction there.

I think that doll is doing a fantastic job. It is designed to use the force to piss off all the haters in the hobby.

• Like 1