Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Next Stern Pinball. ..The Mandalorian :)

crazy stuff.....

We need more manufacturers to keep it real....

And bring out some varied art and themes....

​​​​​​​

• Like 4

crazy stuff.....

We need more manufacturers to keep it real....

And bring out some varied art and themes....

I don’t think that would change a lot. It’s got to point with LE’s that you’re either on the list and will pay any price or your on the list just to flip it at a higher price to next buyer who will pay anything. This practice is now filtering to distributers. I do believe it’s only for the LE and CE editions that the FOMO exists. It’s a short window of opportunity to cash until the next title of FOMO begins. It’s so predictable reading the same hype on every new release.

• Like 1

Maybe we need a Muppets pinball then...

I'd be curious of a Muppets pinball but I'd reckon the audience would be limited.

I still think an ABBA pin would do okay especially now that there are rumours of a regroup and new albums. Just thinking Pins were in their peak around the same time as ABBA being one of the biggest music influences especially in Oz thanks to Molly Meldrum.

Apologies for the sidestep. :redface

• Like 1

I don’t think that would change a lot. It’s got to point with LE’s that you’re either on the list and will pay any price or your on the list just to flip it at a higher price to next buyer who will pay anything. This practice is now filtering to distributers. I do believe it’s only for the LE and CE editions that the FOMO exists. It’s a short window of opportunity to cash until the next title of FOMO begins. It’s so predictable reading the same hype on every new release.

I think that was a very small number of USA dist's only. Hadnt heard that was happening locally.

Edited by Koops
  • Like 1

I think they were sold out two times over before it was even released.

If anyone is interested in Back to the Future or Godzilla, it may pay off to put your name down now lol... 🤣

• Like 1

Did that ages ago. :D

Does the time you put it down make any difference though? Is 3 years ago enough? More? We'll never know.

Can anyone say that they've gotten an LE because they were on "the list"?

Does the time you put it down make any difference though? Is 3 years ago enough? More? We'll never know.

Can anyone say that they've gotten an LE because they were on "the list"?

I can’t answer that. I had never bought a new pin before. I just know I’d do anything to get a back to the future new release so let the local distributor know my interest a few years back just incase.

“The List� helped the few lucky GnR CE buyers get theirs as Paul let them go to people in the order they expressed interest.

Why doesn't Stern just up production to meet demand?. This is the bit I find a bit hard to believe after all, you have a model of a product that more people want than you can supply, why not hold back starting on the next model and continue the one that is selling?.

Right at the moment I am making a list of pins from Jan 77 on. It shows what the 4 main pinball builders built at the time month by month so it's easy to see who made what side by side and total number made of each.

I'll grab one part of it, Bally Jan 77 to Sept 77 and you look how Bally ramped up production to meet demand.

http://rTAXrbb.jpg

You'll notice there are EMs still in production as well as SS at the same time. I would regard that a bit harder to do than simply making more LEs for example of the same model.

I somehow also think Stern production numbers are a tad lower than those of Bally back then.

That's a great question Steve, you think they would just make enough to cover at least 80-90% demand.

All I can think is by limiting numbers they all can keep the heat off themselves with quality of product you are actually getting for your money. The frenzy squashes the issues to a degree so to speak. Smart, but sad. Marketing 101, preying on human nature.

Or maybe it's a lot less sinister and something about limited numbers for the rights etc...

• Like 1

To be fair I think this the best SW playfield so far. Just have to hope the LCD and code are good. If the LCD has show footage then all good but Dwight's on the code and we all know how exciting Munsters was.
  • Like 2

I couldn't care less about the exclusiveness of something that is LE or for certificates, plaques or the designers signatures. However if it is a theme or game that I really want, I just want the best model available with the fancy trim and extra bling. It's a shame that the LE isn't just a model option just like the Premium. I have an LE GnR that is limited to ONLY 5000 units - what a joke that is!

• Administrators
Maybe we need a Muppets pinball then...

I have no room for more games but I would likely by a Muppets pin. The wife would not like it....until I told her the title.

Dave

• Like 4

Lower production numbers helps keep prices higher in second hand market which makes buyers more likely to get the next new model. Less sales of 1 = more sales of the next.

I have no room for more games but I would likely by a Muppets pin. The wife would not like it....until I told her the title.

Dave

I am in the same boat i can squeeze one more pin in and the better half sez i can get one but only if its a bad cats as its a pin she has been after for some time

but after showing her the mock up of the muppets cab she might just let me buy it as we are huge muppets/Jim henson fans but its a fair whack of the folding to fork out for a new machine the missus is an accountant so she likes to make every dollar spent count we only have a small collection and have never had a new pin before like i said i can only get one more i am a huge star wars fan but already have a star wars pinball maybe i should save the chinga and be happy with what ive got

• Like 1