Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Got a Virtuel Pin 4-5 months ago need software help please

RossMsco

Question

Hello gang, i am new here.

Purchased a new Virtuel Pin 4-5 months ago from a seller that is not a sponsor here.

Having software problems with my Vpinball. Been waiting for support from seller but really think seller does not want to be bothered, feel like i am getting the runaround sadly for me.

I am happy to pay for services i need, (as long as its not overly pricy) PINBALL X , VISUAL PINMAME , ‘PINUP MENU or Popper i think is the software i have. Just having probs with my DMD not showing anything also in game menu those round circles of Pinall tables you toggle, it freezez on me. Also some video's on backglass stutters, its not running smoothly.

I live in Vic Northern Suburbs, if anyone has good knowlodge of the software and can help me, Please dont hesitate to contact me for a chat about how you can help me please.

Thanks.

RossM.

PS, I have Zero Knowlege about the Vpin software.

How is that cable connected? Is one end of that piggybacked bit going nowhere?

if it is, I'd say your USB port isn't providing enough power to the screen and you should be able to connect a USB power supply to the spare end to give it enough power.

• Like 2

How is that cable connected? Is one end of that piggybacked bit going nowhere?

if it is, I'd say your USB port isn't providing enough power to the screen and you should be able to connect a USB power supply to the spare end to give it enough power.

This could work.

You are meant to have warranty with the seller though, have you asked for him to fix this problem for you?

• Like 1

It is faulty, i tried everything.

Seller is east of Melb why do you ask?

Yes i have warranty with seller, will ring him soon.

Might even just buy a new one , there $145 and intall it myself. Support from the seller is like trying to pull teeth from a Lion. Dont understand why it cant be fixed within say 2 weeks max?

My pinball has been in this state for 2 months now. Really annoying...............

Might even just buy a new one , there $145 and intall it myself. Support from the seller is like trying to pull teeth from a Lion. Dont understand why it cant be fixed within say 2 weeks max?

My pinball has been in this state for 2 months now. Really annoying...............

There are plenty of people that will tell you this seller is awesome, there are also plenty of people that'll tell you they've had problems getting support. I'll leave it at that.

Be careful buying a new one. If you haven't tried Crakkers suggestion, I'd suggest that first as a new one might have the same problem if the issue is that there isn't enough power being supplied.

It is faulty, i tried everything.

Seller is east of Melb why do you ask?

I would take the cab to him mate, drop it on his doorstep and tell him to fix it asap. the price you pay for those machines, you would expect some prompt aftersales service.

Best of luck

Took me 6 months of constant calls to have a replacement dmd shipped

Another 2 months of calls to walk me through the replacement before i finally gave up, Opened the cab to find parts quoted are missing and not installed

Let me know how you removed the dmd from the perspex tape

Best of luck

Took me 6 months of constant calls to have a replacement dmd shipped

Another 2 months of calls to walk me through the replacement before i finally gave up, Opened the cab to find parts quoted are missing and not installed

Let me know how you removed the dmd from the perspex tape

ouch, scaring me.

Hello Australia Pinball community, well all i have to say is ( from my personal experience )    If i can help just 1 person i will be happy.   If you are looking to purchase a 4k Visual Pinball  stay well away from " Retroplay ", after all the debacle above, i ended up having more issues....eg screen would freeze on me at any given moment ( normally with 15 minutes of playing ) playfield screen would show weird distorted image, speakers would make a constant loud humm sound... feedback or wiring issue?

I ended up selling my 4k pinball for half the price i got it. Just not worth the stress of trying to contact the Owner and get help/support from him...All i got for my money was stress and more stress.

(((and trying to get support from owner is like trying to pull a tooth out of a Lion)))  I regret i did not go to consumer affairs 😞 .

PS..... i have been robbed of having  a great experience and really enjoying a 4k Visual Pinball machine .... so saddened .   I Might might purchase another one ( might ) Who would you people please """" recommend""""   me to buy from if did please ????  A seller that i can trust and has  my back for support if i was to have any issues ? As i have been burnt once already and it hurts... stress wise and pocket wise.

I hate hearing stories like yours and understand how frustrating it would be for you and how cautious you will be in buying another VP from another maker. I recently purchased a new VP from a company called 'My Games Room' in NSW. I am not making any recommendations here, only wanting to say that I purchased it in September this year and am very happy with the overall cabinet and system build, and received good value for money. (Around $6K plus $400 freight to QLD)

Before purchasing I did some research on line on other makers of VP machines. however decided to contact Anthony the owner of 'My Games Room'. He gave me honest answers to all of my questions. He also put together some custom artwork and emailed system technical specs (Not seen on the website). The main screen is a 49" HD (Not 4K) and I was surprised the cabinet is a full size wide body cabinet. I asked if I could load any new tables and how I would address any future computer issues. He told me the system was a 'Closed' system and if any changes or issues the computer itself would need to be sent to him to work on.

While I have not opened the machine,  I have recorded a video of the internal layout on my mobile phone, to be familiar with what makes the machine tick internally.

Up till now I have seen that a small percentage of the 1000+ tables are not great visually, however very happy with most of what I have played so far. I have noticed the flipper lag does vary from one game to another, and is something I did expect, and of no real concern for me.

Might be worth having a chat with Anthony and get some further info from him.

GT