IGNORED

White Water lamp wiring

Good Times

Question

I'm wondering if someone with a fully functional WH20 can enlighten me on an issue - none of my main play field lights are working. Eg rafts, river, arrows etc. I thought this was a GI problem (J120/121) but the schematic points to J133/J137 which on mine are not used.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Williams_White_Water_Tech_Chart.pdf

Wondering if someone can verify if they are in fact unused or not, before I go back to tearing my hair out? I'm certainly measuring voltage from the pins with an all illumination test....

This is how mine is at the moment. Is the connector at J135 supposed to go into J133 I wonder...?

IMG_8059.thumb.jpg.bd26327cedcf12a0809806b5ca810294.jpg

14 answers to this question

Have you checked fuse 114?

I'd checked all fuses, just double checked that one and all intact. I also rotated it just to ensure there wasn't a bad contact with that, and measured the fuse from the two terminals rather than the fuse ends. All measured ok.

As per the manual screen shot below. The one you have on 135 should be on 133 and 138 should be on 137.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":2202663}[/ATTACH]

Thanks for this Micky, yeah that's what I thought reading the schematic but I've switched both of those and no dice :(

I'd checked all fuses, just double checked that one and all intact. I also rotated it just to ensure there wasn't a bad contact with that, and measured the fuse from the two terminals rather than the fuse ends. All measured ok.

Did you look a the fuses or removed them & tested with a multimeter? I don't know how many times I've heard people say "It looks fine" only the fuse is open circuit up in the cap out of sight. This fuse is an example, Looks fine but it's shot.

DSC_1587.thumb.JPG.0d11ce5c395cbe6f0c858ed21f722bf9.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for this Micky, yeah that's what I thought reading the schematic but I've switched both of those and no dice :(

Yeah like I said, even though it’s says not connected, they’ll all chain down the line , so moving it up would work.

Alas that isn’t the problem.

Will look at the schematic. As Wiredoug says, it is most likely up the chain further.

Have you checked the input side header and wiring?

I've got some voltage coming from the pins when I do an all illumination test, although not sure what the voltages are supposed to be in case they're out.

The fuse - I test fuses for continuity in-situ, but rather than putting the probe to the fuse ends, I put the probes on the board terminals to ensure that not only are the fuses ok but that there's nothing preventing contact (eg corrosion) to the terminal.

If it's earlier than the connector then it may be out of my league. Might be time for a Rod call!

Update for anyone playing at home, I had Rod over yesterday and the genius had it diagnosed within 30 seconds and fixed in 5min! Apparently the two capacitors near this plug had been replaced but not soldered correctly and a trace on the back of the PCB needed soldering. I can finally see what I'm supposed to be shooting in the game now :)