IGNORED

Paragon re-stencil

Posted (edited)

Just asking is it just painted or did you put a clear cote over it satin or a gloss cote

Yes, cleared over the top in a gloss clear.

Edited by jono
  • Like 1

Questions: When Paragon came out in Australia was it 20c or 40c? What was the location of the coin slots?

FleLd9c.jpg?1

IcSdleB.jpg?2

Not a definitive answer, but I imagine it would have been 20 cents, if it made heaps on site then maybe upped to 40 cents.

The location of coin slots depends on the coin chute use, which is relative to the first 2 banks of 8 dip switch settings on the mpu.

If you read in the manual the coins per credit settings it may help explain?

Sounds like you want to make it original as possible?

You can set the coin use, which chutes you use and the credits added how ever you want it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We always ran twin slot machines with the two outer slots used. Not only does it look better, you can link them to display one coin total.

Bit of trivia, the left slot gets used nearly twice as much as the right if they are both the same value. ( Human nature I guess). LAI WPC supplied machines all came with the multicoin slot on the left and the $1 only coin slot on the right for this exact reason.

Paragon was 40c for 5 balls or 20c for 3 balls originally. if you wanted. It was around this time with Ballys were you started getting multiple coin options plates in the envolope. Prior to this it was just your standard 2 spare 20c 1 play.

These are most that were avaliable Aussie wise to suit SS. The dollar ones started appearing around Dolly Parton after the US dollar diamond started appearing on the front door.

I was using the dollar ones for the center in my machines when A$1 coin mechs become standard but when Bally started supplying such inserts originally, there was no Aussie $1 coin mechs. Slight oversite by the Yanks I guess.

DSCN3286.JPG

Edited by Autosteve
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Autosteve said:

We always ran twin slot machines with the two outer slots used. Not only does it look better, you can link them to display one coin total.

Agreed! Just finished working on a Playboy with the coin mechs on the right and centre. Looked all wrong. Much better now though!

IMG20211010125526.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys, what prompted the question was that there was one of those 1 play x 2 20c plastics in the spare slot but paper 20c inserts in the open slots. I ended up setting it up in the left and right slots with the spare in the middle. 

I found out through a few sources that this machine was definitely an aussie machine so it sounds like it may have started at 40c and then dropped down to 20c when on site bak in the day. 

Does anyone sell these plastic Australian coin door inserts or does someone have any lying around that they'd be prepared to sell.?

Edited by jono