Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

V Pinball site

Yeah, I only just joined the other week too :( and yes I hope that this isnt permanent and they just want a break and reset for a bit. All that aside does anyone have links to similar sites please?

Yeah, I only just joined the other week too :( and yes I hope that this isnt permanent and they just want a break and reset for a bit. All that aside does anyone have links to similar sites please?

VP forums

VP universe

both excellent sites in there own ways

• Like 1

A few of us here have been contributors there and other places in the vpin world.

Over the years I've noticed a lot of drama happens in the communities. There's usually a few people causing the same problems all the time. Like most online communities..

From the message he's posted, seems he's p1ssed about the businesses making and selling pincabs using the games developed by the community for free.

The games are so good in visual pinball, better and more flexible / versatile than commercial software.

We've had it pretty good in the vpin community with the application and all games developed and provided for free by people doing it for fun...

TBH the owner of that site while a great contributor and site owner has caused his own fair share of damage to the community in the past by effectively hunting down and crucifying some of the best table developers in the history of vp, and effectively making them lose so much heart they had to shut down their awesome site. (talking about the TT & Ninuzzo debacle a couple years back). And losing those guys was a huge loss to the community.

What's gone on here seems a little bit like karma to me.

to clarify i was asking if it was referring to anyone on this site

The guy who goes under the name mini pinball australia is apparently behind that site. He is also trying to trademark the words "Virtual Pinball".

He joined AA just so he could report me and have a little rant here but hasn't posted anything since. He may well be lurking though I guess.

• Like 1

...talking about the TT & Ninuzzo debacle a couple years back). And losing those guys was a huge loss to the community...

I had no idea. Trying to get my machine back up getting their tables was the thing I was looking most foward to. There work still around at lease?

I had no idea. Trying to get my machine back up getting their tables was the thing I was looking most foward to. There work still around at lease?

I think some of it is, but I think their stuff is mostly shared amongst (online) friends. If you remember what you want of theirs, I can probably share it with you.

I believe they watch the community now, but I don't think they contribute, if they do it's secretly. Their work was always great and I wish their site was still around. G5K also uploaded his stuff to their site and I'm not sure that he's ever uploaded it elsewhere.

Billy has been doing a heap of work to get VPUniverse working as required.

would be good to have another option apart from vpforums, where i got banned for 12 months for mentioning I used a Pin2DMD :lol not to mention the auto-censorship that guy puts into his forum code so you can't post articles about products that compete with his.

not sure if this is still the case. i don't download a lot of tables any more, just if I don't have the current comp table.

would be good to have another option apart from vpforums, where i got banned for 12 months for mentioning I used a Pin2DMD :lol not to mention the auto-censorship that guy puts into his forum code so you can't post articles about products that compete with his.

not sure if this is still the case. i don't download a lot of tables any more, just if I don't have the current comp table.

Yep... VP Forums is crap purely because of that. As far as I know they still do it. One of the Admins on a VP Facebook page calls it the Censorship Forum.

Didn't you change your username on VPForums to Pin2DMD at one stage Jed?

Yep... VP Forums is crap purely because of that. As far as I know they still do it. One of the Admins on a VP Facebook page calls it the Censorship Forum.

Didn't you change your username on VPForums to Pin2DMD at one stage Jed?

kind of, after i noticed my simple questions about Pin2DMD got censored by his forum code [because he sells a competing product] i created a new user with the name Pin2DMDrulesOK :lol

it got his attention, he banned that username, and he must have looked further into it and found it came from my IP address, as he banned my main account too :blink: Didn't stop me logging in and downloading via use of a private browser window though.

• Like 2