Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLVII - Game 1 ~ Venture (closes 18-Apr)

As the game nominator- I thought I’d share this. I first discovered Venture on my ColecoVision. I hadn’t seen an arcade version of it until maybe the 90s.

I was actually amazed at how good a port it was but ColecoVision pretty much sold because of the quality of its arcade ports. Not to mention they owned the right of approval for other ports on competing consoles. Look at Donkey Kong for the Atari 2600 vs ColecoVision.

• Like 1

Also - Rob, I've played this in a tournie before, but I can't remember when. My records for 2006-2013 and 2017-now are pretty up to date, but I have a gap when a hard drive (not backed up) blew.

Can you remember?

RichyS

• Like 1

As the game nominator- I thought I’d share this. I first discovered Venture on my ColecoVision. I hadn’t seen an arcade version of it until maybe the 90s.

I was actually amazed at how good a port it was but ColecoVision pretty much sold because of the quality of its arcade ports. Not to mention they owned the right of approval for other ports on competing consoles. Look at Donkey Kong for the Atari 2600 vs ColecoVision.

Although the game is a little (lot) crappy, I appreciate that I get to play and learn a new game, even if only for a few weeks. ;)

• Like 1

redelf 86120

1 room away from completing the 4th

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":2201268}[/ATTACH]

Amazing score for this game, that level 3 is a killer.

redelf 106500

Goal was over 100k so I'm done with this game.

If you don't hear from me for a few days it's because I'm wondering the streets half naked after going crazy playing this game :)

elf_106500.png.f78c6264bfae8bf358bf52bd1197ae13.png

Edited by johnmcallister
image didn't get uploaded
  • Like 7

redelf 106500

Goal was over 100k so I'm done with this game.

If you don't hear from me for a few days it's because I'm wondering the streets half naked after going crazy playing this game :)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\telf_106500.png Views:\t0 Size:\t2.6 KB ID:\t2201304","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2201304","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

How did 3 different guys on the Twin Galaxies Scoreboard score over 300K each? :unsure That's triple your score, so I am guessing an added double your game time.

They all went insane and haven't been heard from since, I'm not going to try to find out either, my wits are really frazzled.

LOL. It's a frustrating title alright, and requires a great deal of skill and endurance. The skill to play with these difficult controls, as must have been for that trio of excellent players.

Pessimeister: 38, 830

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0008.png Views:\t0 Size:\t2.1 KB ID:\t2201329","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2201329","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

Less progress than the last score, but was a bit more accurate in the dungeon rooms. Not sure I want to venture too much more and end up in John's sanitarium. :) Great score that one.

LOL.

Better. Cleared the first 8 rooms without dying.

Keeping the insanity at bay with several beers while Venturing. Seems to have worked so far as I'm still inside and fully clothed and haven't howled at the moon yet.

0000.png.beed324660c3d78afae5d18ebdb3684b.png

Also - Rob, I've played this in a tournie before, but I can't remember when. My records for 2006-2013 and 2017-now are pretty up to date, but I have a gap when a hard drive (not backed up) blew.

Can you remember?

RichyS

Fairly certain this has come up before somewhere but when and where I can't remember :unsure

• Like 2

they had a pretty good version of this one on the Atari 2600. I had this one growing up (and the sad DK port ;) ) I seem to remember it had pretty much the same 1st 2 levels (of 4 rooms each)

• Like 1