Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

How do you choose what goes?

I’ve got to try make room for a new arrival but I’m really stuck with what gets the chop. I think I’ve narrowed it down to two titles. One (Whirlwind) I really wanted as I played it as a teen at the shops and the other (Godzilla) I got in a deal that had surprised me quite a bit.

Im torn as the whirlwind has a bit of nostalgia for me but probably easy to replace where as Godzilla is fairly hard to find here and I probably wouldn’t get another chance to own one. It has really surprised me. I’ve found myself going back for more. I only really bought it to secure a Bttf that I’d been chasing for years.

How do you make your choices on titles to move on?

Here’s my games room at capacity.

• Like 2

Played a BTTF at Pinfest 2019 and it was fun to play when it behaved itself. I can see though why you want it.

When I have to cut one loose due to something else coming along I take a good hard look at how long I've had that pin and how often do I play it and when I do do I still enjoy it. I know that sounds like Captain Obvious but you have to look deeper.

For example I moved on my Flash Gordon a few months back and even though I repainted it etc. I played it the least.

Same thing with the Harlem globetrotters a few years before.

personally, I've had a whirlwind and its a great system 11 game but another will turn up if you really miss it so thats the one I'd move.

Unless you want to "loan" it to me and you deliver it.;)

• Like 2

Rate them in terms of how you want them to leave. And by the looks of things whirlwind and Godzilla are on the chop. At the moment my person collection is

TWDLE

TMNT

WH2O

Deadpool

xmen

iron man

aiq

woz

Wow yeah woz is on the chop if something was to come in. But if that something to come is was another Borg game. I’d consider moving iron man into that leaving slot only because I’ve got 4 Borg’s already. Woz is the game the mrs plays so that probably couldn’t leave so down move aiq and iron man

For Christ sake boof ,,surely you put an extension on then you can buy some more

Its a disease I'm telling ya.:redface

Never enough room but you can't have them all.

Having said that I converted our double garage into a pinball related room with nostalgia related "stuff" with carpet, Juke, TV etc. and then had to spend quite a few $$$$ to build a brick and tile extension to the front of the house for the cars.:rolleyes

OMG, what am I addicted too:redface

• Like 3

What I did and my decision is fairly clinical in that there is no point using up space on things you don't play/use.

so I simply reset all my audits on all my games and reviewed them after a few months. My twd had something like 600 plus games and my Tom had 2 total in comparison. My other least played was Tz with around 40 games. Tom is now gone with no regrets. The stats never lie.

• Like 3

In exactly the same boat ....really want to get down to 8 but can't pick any single one out of the shed to go, it's too hard..always seem to hover around 12 been to 22 never under 9 after starting my collection....think I will have to let people decide what goes.

For the games i've sold in the last few years, i picked ones that got played the least, that were also good reliable machines for the guy who bought them.

Come to think of it NONE of my games are getting much use these days.. might have to remedy that!!

• Like 1