IGNORED

Visual Pinball in VR

Jed

Question

Starting to look into this. Has anyone here used Visual Pinball in VR on PC? I've seen the videos on YouTube etc and it looks great �

12 answers to this question

Its fantastic. I use my vp cab as the controller and map vr room to actual cabinet

I have a 3060ti and quest 2 headset and it looks gorgeous.

It can loose cab position a little sometimes but barely noticeable

• Like 1

Its fantastic. I use my vp cab as the controller and map vr room to actual cabinet

I have a 3060ti and quest 2 headset and it looks gorgeous.

It can loose cab position a little sometimes but barely noticeable

I'm still yet to try Vp in VR as I've got really stuck playing Blade and Sorcery (only just discovered I've got a psycho killer inside of me, apparantly) Robo Recall, And Half Life Alyx, Lone Echo, there are just SO MANY brilliant VR games out now!!

Grab yourself a decent steering wheel and try it with assetto corsa racing.

Its so much better playing driving sims in vr

Definitely try starwars squadrons

Yeah i kind of regret selling my playseat driving cockpit and wheel setup last year now. Always wanted to pair the cockpit and VR..

I sat on the fence for vr for many years, even having good friends that used it and swore by it as amazing I didn't even bother looking further into it.

finally bit the bullet after a whole bunch of mates in usa all bought quests within a few weeks of eachother and from there constant talking up and absence online due to party games of minigolf i bought one myself.

My opinion on vr has totally changed, im already starting to dev games on it and believe it is the next huge craze worldwide in gaming. The portability and tracking on quest 2 is quite impressive. not needing a pc to tether to use is also a liberating feature.

I recommend anyone interested in vr to start at the oculus quest 2

I sat on the fence for vr for many years, even having good friends that used it and swore by it as amazing I didn't even bother looking further into it.

finally bit the bullet after a whole bunch of mates in usa all bought quests within a few weeks of eachother and from there constant talking up and absence online due to party games of minigolf i bought one myself.

My opinion on vr has totally changed, im already starting to dev games on it and believe it is the next huge craze worldwide in gaming. The portability and tracking on quest 2 is quite impressive. not needing a pc to tether to use is also a liberating feature.

I recommend anyone interested in vr to start at the oculus quest 2

I was much the same mate, on the fence for ages, but since I went cold on PC gaming (apart from VP) i thought it might reignite my interest in PC games plus it's so much more affordeable now for much better tech with HEAPS more AAA games out, i'm addicted now :o

I was much the same mate, on the fence for ages, but since I went cold on PC gaming (apart from VP) i thought it might reignite my interest in PC games plus it's so much more affordeable now for much better tech with HEAPS more AAA games out, i'm addicted now :o

What's your setup he'd Been looking myself

What's your setup he'd Been looking myself

Doing it on the cheap, saw an Oculus Rift-S (the last model of 1st gen Oculus) advertised on the marketplace for $300 that was hardly used, it's the one with all the sensors and cameras built in, just like the newer Quests.

Didn't want to spend too much until I had used it for a while and see if it's just a novelty that will wear off on me or not. So far it's not wearing off at all, time will tell I guess.

One thing I am noticing and I dont know if other Oculus users have this issue, i'm finding the built in guardian system doesn't always stay on. I've ended up viciously attacking lamps, couches, once i hit one of my dogs asleep on the couch, and i've run into the tv a few times. You need a decent amount of space I'm using about 4mx3m but it really isn't enough..

Doing it on the cheap, saw an Oculus Rift-S (the last model of 1st gen Oculus) advertised on the marketplace for $300 that was hardly used, it's the one with all the sensors and cameras built in, just like the newer Quests.

Didn't want to spend too much until I had used it for a while and see if it's just a novelty that will wear off on me or not. So far it's not wearing off at all, time will tell I guess.

One thing I am noticing and I dont know if other Oculus users have this issue, i'm finding the built in guardian system doesn't always stay on. I've ended up viciously attacking lamps, couches, once i hit one of my dogs asleep on the couch, and i've run into the tv a few times. You need a decent amount of space I'm using about 4mx3m but it really isn't enough..

Mate just scored a rift s brand new for 300 as well has the cams on side and the hand grips. Going to give the pinball a go if it's good thinking of offloading the VP as don't really use it

• Like 1

Mate just scored a rift-s brand new for 300 as well has the cams on side and the hand grips. Going to give the pinball a go if it's good thinking of offloading the VP as don't really use it

It's a great buy at $300! I'm pretty much addicted.... + using windows 10 in tablet mode is so good in conjunction with VR. I've still not got around to setting up VP yet.

Thought this was an interesting post from a site that compared the Rift-S to the Quest 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experience is going to vary for people between the two headsets. From my experience the RiftS has a larger sweet spot than the Quest2 when it comes to lens focus.

(With the Quest 2) I find I have to adjust the HMD regulary to stop it moving, so I will definitly have to replace the strap. I realize why it got the nickname of "crap strap".

The RiftS on the other hand has a much more comfortable head strap that is nice and easy to take off your head and easily adjust physically for another family member.

That said, when it comes to InterPupilary Distance adjustments, the Quest2 has capability to physically adjust IPD in 5 different positions whereas the RiftS uses software.

It may seems like there only three but you can adjust them half way, making it easier to adjust for other family members IPD.

Whilst I greatly appreciate the ability to physically adjust the IPD, I don't like the smaller sweet spot, as a slight physical movement makes the image more blurry.

Winner? Depends on your IPD, but out of the box, The RiftS for it's larger sweet spot, and the Quest2 for it's manual (though limited) physical IPD changer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------