Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

BPAC 2021 - Gone to the Dogs

Good morning brothers and sisters,

We figured it would be a good time to address the current Covid travel restrictions and the impact on BPAC 2021.

Firstly, no matter what, BPAC 2021 Gone to the Dogs will be going ahead. The legends at Brewdog are confident we can solve any situation that comes at us over the duration of the event.

The only change so far, as with the current restrictions ending at 6pm on opening night, the Jokers Wild pinball event will be moved to the Sunday afternoon/evening with the intention for people who have been knocked out of the Strikes comp to start their qualifying for Jokers Wild early.

That said, please come down on the Friday night to check out the space, give the machines a burn, try the Woof Woof MotherFlippers NZ Pilsner and cheer on the Donkey Kong Level 3 battle.

Now, as for our interstate and international guests, things are a bit crunchier. As it stands with most states, Brisbane is currently a hot spot. So you can absolutely come to Brisbane, but you are going to hit a snag when you return home. Depending on how quickly each state unwinds the hot spot declaration after our current restrictions end on the 16th, by coming to town you risk being liable for a 14 day isolation when you return.

It is hard to gauge how and when each state will decide to change the classification so please keep an eye on your state's travel page if you are considering risking it or dealing with the 14 day quarantine when you get home. Some states are now offering people the chance to isolate at home instead of paying for a hotel but each state is different.

We are still being as frugal as we can this year with some of the usual BPAC bling being left out with the hope of letting fly in 2022 again when interstate and international guests can be here without a hitch.

We will absolutely be issuing refunds for those that need them, but we please ask that we wait until after the event with the hope of being able to refund tickets as fully as possible.

We can't thank you all enough for the support and we are absolutely gutted for our interstate and international friends. If you can not be here this year, please jump on the streams and give the players and commentators all the support you can.

Big love xx

• Like 5

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Starting to think that the main reason I bought a Zipper pass (To catch up with interstate mates at events I couldn't originally get a single ticket for) will be void.:unsure

Hoping we scrape thru with interstate visitors....Won't be a Masters without state mates...:confused:

Per my understanding all states are welcome (by BPAC) however

NSW: Chances of the lockdown ending and the QLD opening by 17th is 0.0000001% (or anytime between July 17 - 26)

VIC/SA/WA: 14 day quarantine upon returning to their states? Not even sure if they will let their residents travel to a red zone, that being Brisbane?

Brisbane's red zone might be downgraded come the 17th....

As things stand I can get into QLD from SA with no problems but would need to do 14 days of home quarantine when I get back. If I was a betting man I'd be willing to gamble on SA reopening the border to QLD within the next 2 weeks. A few things to consider though.

Go up and the border restrictions don't lift? Come home to home quarantine for 14 days and deal with a possible irate employer

Go up and there's an outbreak back home? QLD police come banging on my hotel door. Quarantine in QLD.

Still hopeful to be celebrating my 50th playing pinball at Brewdog. :40s::slamtilt:

• Like 4

Just announced about the SA border:

"Border remains closed to those travelling from NSW and ACT.

Mr Marshall announced a “nuanced� and varied approach to the QLD border:

Level 6 restrictions for Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Gold Coast, Logan, Redland, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Somerset.

Level 3 restrictions for Townsville, and those who attended the Big Red Bash at Birdsville.

Rest of QLD – no restrictions."

• Like 1

As things stand I can get into QLD from SA with no problems but would need to do 14 days of home quarantine when I get back. If I was a betting man I'd be willing to gamble on SA reopening the border to QLD within the next 2 weeks. A few things to consider though.

Go up and the border restrictions don't lift? Come home to home quarantine for 14 days and deal with a possible irate employer

Go up and there's an outbreak back home? QLD police come banging on my hotel door. Quarantine in QLD.

Still hopeful to be celebrating my 50th playing pinball at Brewdog. :40s::slamtilt:

Similar situation for us in WA Rob. I'm meant to fly over to Brisbane on the 21st so should know what the WA gov want to do with the QLD border by the 19/20th.. Will be risking working from home for another 2 weeks on return.

• Like 1

** Important BPAC scheduling update **

Due to some circumstances beyond our control, there are some scheduling changes for three upcoming BPAC events.

1. As has already been previosuly mentioned, the Jokers Wild event originally scheduled for Friday 16th July has been moved to Sunday 18th July. Qualifying will open from around 3pm.
  2. We will be removing the 10am Pin-Golf session on Tuesday 20th July at Pinball Haus due to low numbers. Those that have already confirmed their 10am tee-off time will need to reschedule to either the 1pm or 4pm time slots instead. For those that were intending on playing both Pin-Golf AND the Sunshine Coast Pinball event on the same day, you should have plenty of time to do both if you select the 1pm tee-off.
  3. The Big Bash event on Wednesday 21st July is now no longer being held at Pincadia as originally planned. We will advise of the new venue in the coming days.

If you have any questions regarding the changes, or are seeking a refund due to the changes, please contact us at gday@bnepac.org as soon as possible.

• Like 1

** Important BPAC scheduling update **

Due to some circumstances beyond our control, there are some scheduling changes for three upcoming BPAC events.

1. As has already been previosuly mentioned, the Jokers Wild event originally scheduled for Friday 16th July has been moved to Sunday 18th July. Qualifying will open from around 3pm.
  2. We will be removing the 10am Pin-Golf session on Tuesday 20th July at Pinball Haus due to low numbers. Those that have already confirmed their 10am tee-off time will need to reschedule to either the 1pm or 4pm time slots instead. For those that were intending on playing both Pin-Golf AND the Sunshine Coast Pinball event on the same day, you should have plenty of time to do both if you select the 1pm tee-off.
  3. The Big Bash event on Wednesday 21st July is now no longer being held at Pincadia as originally planned. We will advise of the new venue in the coming days.

If you have any questions regarding the changes, or are seeking a refund due to the changes, please contact us at gday@bnepac.org as soon as possible.

Hey Lambo, Can you please put me down for 1pm start at Pin Golf thanks!

Multi-Ball Mania could be a good Venue for the Big Bash event, as I'm sure its most likely already one of the Venues being considered .

If other people want to buy Tickets for any remaining Event spots, is there a link that I can share or forward on? or have the online Tickets sales stopped? & will have to buy on the event day?

Cheers Matt Hetherington

Hey Lambo, Can you please put me down for 1pm start at Pin Golf thanks!

Multi-Ball Mania could be a good Venue for the Big Bash event, as I'm sure its most likely already one of the Venues being considered .

If other people want to buy Tickets for any remaining Event spots, is there a link that I can share or forward on? or have the online Tickets sales stopped? & will have to buy on the event day?

Cheers Matt Hetherington

Tickets are still available for all event Matt. Don't forget that your Spike Pass includes play in ALL events.

Visit the BPAC website for tickets.

http://www.bnepac.org

• Like 1

Is there anything after qualifying is done on the Saturday 24th?

Also if I can’t get there until about 1 can I still play in the comp? Plunge me out in the rounds I am not there?

Nothing after the qualifying on the Saturday night, however will discuss with Jimmy about whether players can stick around for free play afterwards. I'd anticipate the qualifying rounds will probably go until about 8 or 9pm anyway.

You are more than welcome to join in on the Masters in the later rounds if you wish - that is completely up to you. Still would be the same entry fee though.

I'm keeping an eye and ear on things.

My plane is booked to fly into Brisbane from Canberra on Thursday 22nd July.

Hopefully my son and i can enter into Brisbane by then, being from Wagga Wagga, NSW in a regional area.

I guess it is wait and see as still a week and half to go.

Have forked out $1600 for this trip so fingers crossed.

Cheers. Adam Barrow.

• Like 4

Nothing after the qualifying on the Saturday night, however will discuss with Jimmy about whether players can stick around for free play afterwards. I'd anticipate the qualifying rounds will probably go until about 8 or 9pm anyway.

You are more than welcome to join in on the Masters in the later rounds if you wish - that is completely up to you. Still would be the same entry fee though.

I was expecting to have to pay the full entry fee. I was just thinking about coming along for the social but was concerned I might have to be there before start time to register.

Hi everyone. I thought I read somewhere that there are free to play general public sessions for the event this year, but now I can’t find any information about that. Are there sessions planned for people who just want to come and have a play of the machines, or is it strictly comp play this year?

So its not recommended me coming to the masters unless I want to cop a hotel quarantine when I come home?

Don't go home....

Go north and spend more time in the sun....

Wait until there is no hot spot, travel more until the 2 weeks is up and then just go home.

! big holiday:unsure

Hi everyone. I thought I read somewhere that there are free to play general public sessions for the event this year, but now I can’t find any information about that. Are there sessions planned for people who just want to come and have a play of the machines, or is it strictly comp play this year?

I believe it's pay to enter.

Not free as such.

I was told many years ago

Nothing comes for free...:rolleyes

I would also love to know about public sessions, even coin drop ones. I don't do big comps, not my thing. But I am keen as mustard to drop by for a few social games and drink some good beer.

With that many arcade and pins inside a brewery, I'd be an idiot not to drop by :D

• Like 2

I would also love to know about public sessions, even coin drop ones. I don't do big comps, not my thing. But I am keen as mustard to drop by for a few social games and drink some good beer.

With that many arcade and pins inside a brewery, I'd be an idiot not to drop by :D

Actually on that Lambo. Will drinking be allowed in where the machines are?

• Like 1

At this stage, there are 3 open play sessions avaipable from 5pm Monday 19th July, Tuesday 20th July and Wednesday 21st July.

Will be $10 to enter for unlimited arcade and pinball.

Yes you can eat and drink in the games area as restrictions should be eased by then.

• Like 3