Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

BPAC 2021 - Gone to the Dogs

Mates. Brother and sisters. Friends and family

The BPAC Massive is very excited to announce the dates for 2021.

July 16th to the 25th 2021

At our new home, DogTap Brisbane in Murrarie.

The Australian Kong Off IV will be on the 17th and 18th of July

The Brisbane Masters will be the 24th and 25th of July

Full 10 day event schedule dropping in the coming weeks.

Tickets for all events on sale at midday on the 16th of April.

Loads more info coming soon regarding sponsors, merch, travel options and ticketing.

Stay tuned friends

xx

rsz_bpac2021_main_poster.thumb.jpg.7304492e79537556655647c78ff9c30b.jpg

• Like 18

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome! Is there any accommodation nearby? Had a quick look and can't see much within walking distance

Unfortunately there is not much nearby that I know of

We are looking at arranging a bus from Netherworld on the big event days. Will try get this info up asap

• Like 1

Yo team.

Can confirm that there will be a bus running from Netherworld to Brewdog on the days listed below.

Tickets will be $5 and can be purchased throughout the ticketing process. Buses will only be one way as finishing times for competitors will vary so booking a return bus is a bit tricky.

An Uber from the venue back to the city will vary between $25-35 depending on time of day.

More transport info coming soon.

• 17th - Saturday - 9am
  • 18th - Sunday - 9am
  • 23rd - Friday - 9am
  • 24th Saturday - 8:30am
  • 25th - Sunday - 8:30am

Options for a chartered ferry are also being considered :)

• Like 1

Yo team.

Can confirm that there will be a bus running from Netherworld to Brewdog on the days listed below.

Tickets will be $5 and can be purchased throughout the ticketing process. Buses will only be one way as finishing times for competitors will vary so booking a return bus is a bit tricky.

An Uber from the venue back to the city will vary between $25-35 depending on time of day.

• 17th - Saturday - 9am
  • 18th - Sunday - 9am
  • 23rd - Friday - 9am

Do they offer discounts for hugs?:lol

• 2 weeks later...
Yo team.

• 17th - Saturday - 9am
  • 18th - Sunday - 9am
  • 23rd - Friday - 9am

I feel sorry for those that will need to pay some $300 to get to and from 5 days of a 10 day event

Thats $300 that is so unrequired with a more thought-out venue...

Sorry boys but take this as criticism....It is intended that way....The BM is getting so dear to attend even if you live in Brisbane.

The Masters at Rydges was the best venue for all concerned. No Ekka Crowd and closed gates when you left late at night.

The only real complaint there was the Staff were not up to speed in relation to the service of timely drinks, free water and attitude to punters that paid their wages.

Don't get me wrong. If Brewdogs location was better it would be a goer. Even if I'm restricted to their Boutique Grog.

I've said it before....Look at Pinberg and all other major event venues and see what I mean.

This is my Opinion....You can have your own without abusing me this time round.

• Like 1

Just car pool either 3 to 5 people per car. If anyone is interested in accom at ~$30 a night from July 20-25 pm me. Can only take 1 or 2 people. If your a pair then you will have to share the same room in 2 singles. about $5 in an uber to venue (2-3 per car). @robm

Murrarie train station is also only 2.5km from the venue. Not much of a walk and even less of a drunken stumble if you want to save on uber fares.

I dare you to do that walk Pat after dark.

It's not a walking part of town.

Even the train station is one I'd avoid after dark.

Hey are you coming Saturday or is it too close to call yet???

If you're worried about the cost of travel to the venue, look at it like this.. A pint is, what $12? perhaps a hazy jane is 18?

So an uber is 3 pints, and if split with someone is 1.5 pints or less.

Sounds like good value and I love beer

If you're worried about the cost of travel to the venue, look at it like this.. A pint is, what $12? perhaps a hazy jane is 18?

So an uber is 3 pints, and if split with someone is 1.5 pints or less.

Sounds like good value and I love beer

I'm not that worried but like others to have some idea of what they are in for....

I'm basically a local...Grew up a few suburbs away and remember the Sir James Holt ferry (AKA The Island Party Boat these days) 20 years before the 1st Gateway bridge was built.

It's true about the cost and cost shared is / can be low, Knowing the area I would rather put my extra Uber / Taxi / Train / bus / ferry money towards a better room in a better hotel, in a more suitable location. Like 2 k's from the CBD.

Like I've said before...I'd rather pay an extra $1k for a NIB if it was more reliable and built with better materials (Bad Playfields that you get the opportunity to do yourself - just 1 example)

And yes I live in outer Brisbane, but stayed 150 meters from the venue 3 years back... It was more convenient than 2 to 3 forms of linking transport and an hour or 2 each way to and from home.

This like at the EKKA meant you were home for less than 7 hours. Have a sleep, shit, shave , and shower as they say and get back on the train, bus.... Thus about a 5 hour sleep if you managed to come down from the bells, chimes and all.

It's my opinion and you don't have to like it.

I'd just rather things be thought out with everyones interests at mind. No one wants to travel past a venue to return on a chartered bus thats mentioned to be only 1 way???

Sure, see your point but these guys are busting their chops organising all this, which is a mammoth responsbility and effort. Kudos to them!

If this is the worst part of the comp, not so bad really...

• Like 2

Would still be the biggest pinball/arcade comp in Aus right? That's an achievement in itself, regardless of venue.

This is the first year I have considered going, mainly because the venue is on my side of town and they serve great beers. Really need to get my Kong game on and enter Kong Off. I still can't crack 150 000 though, so I would have no chance of being competitive.

Sure, see your point but these guys are busting their chops organising all this, which is a mammoth responsbility and effort. Kudos to them!

If this is the worst part of the comp, not so bad really...

Totally agree, having run events and bars for over 300 people on a remote beach for a 3 day weekend I totally know whats involved. And same people year in year out.

Don't take it as knocking the organizers rather than next time it could be even better if the word of the punters are listened to.

And as usual only a few make comment. The rest prefer to just be part of the herd and follow oblivious to all the restraints, efforts, and heartache endured by others.

BION - @peely (Private joke):lol

Just car pool either 3 to 5 people per car. If anyone is interested in accom at ~$30 a night from July 20-25 pm me. Can only take 1 or 2 people. If your a pair then you will have to share the same room in 2 singles. about $5 in an uber to venue (2-3 per car). @robm

Ta mate. Still working through things so can't commit at this point

• Like 1

Believe me mates, if we could find an affordable venue with 1-2 km's of the CBD we would. But with the required bump in and bump out time, 99% of normal function spaces are simply out of the question from a financial sense.

Event spaces can vary from $500 per night to $20,000.

Consider that we run for two weekends plus a bump in either side, even the cheapest spaces are out of the question. Add power needs, overhead lighting issues, bathrooms, food and beverage deals etc to the negotiation.

Finding a venue is easily one of the most stressful parts of my year. Absolutely happy to palm this off to someone else next year.

Brewdog are giving us the space for free. Simply because they love pinball. And they know we are all beer pigs. Glorious.

• Like 16