IGNORED

Queensland Pinball Championships

Time to get back into Competition Pinball in the Sunshine State!

From March 1st, all entries into nominated pinball events will now be entered into the Queensland Pinball Ranking Score (QPRS). Utilising the system set up by Luke in Victoria, a spreadsheet will be kept to track players progress from March 1 until Dec 31st. There is no charge to enter, and further details will made available as we go.

It is anticipated that a Queensland State Championships will be held some time early in 2022 (perhaps early Feb), the format of which will be finalised later on.

No cost is associated with this, so prize money will be via entry fee and sponsorship.

Most Qld TD's have been made aware of the system, but if you would like your competition entered let me know. Its a case of send me your matchplay live link from your event and we can enter it into the database pending approval from TD's. No pre-authorisation is required, but minimum numbers may be 8 players to enter.

This is new, so ask questions here, IFPA rules should be followed in the events where possible but this is mostly for fun.

You can email me results, questions, suggestions at qprs2021@gmail.com

• Like 9

Sounds good John. I've sent an email regarding our little Bundaberg community.

Would be good to see if we can include you guys particularly if it brings some new interest to the hobby in your neck of the woods. We started small here in Townsville 7 or so years ago and it's expanded heaps.

• Like 4

Just a quick question. As IFPA hasn't been running events since the Covid outbreak, do the same rules apply for tournament formats that will be accepted for this? We have been running competition since late last year which are just Best Score format. Is this suitable or do we need to run competitions such as H2H Matchplay?

As we are still growing the community in Toowoomba, it might be rather hard to run this format as it means everyone needs to be available at one time, currently our best score format is run from 2pm-9pm twice a month and lets players come early or late to play their games and we don't currently have any finals regardless of number of players (currently sitting around 8-14 players each competition).

If you have any more information prior to our next comp on the 14th of March, would appreciate if you could email me at info @ spacies . com . au

Cheers

John

• Like 1

I'm happy if you run the event as you like. IFPA rules generally, but as this is all new (relatively) and less money at steak, run it as you see fit. It is good experience if you have some form of finals, so best score is fine, record them whenever you like, but then get players together on the one night for the top 8 and have some form of finals perhaps. That really encourages competitive play, but if this is not possible I'll put the "best score" or "selfie league" idea to other TD"s and see what they say.
  • Like 2

Feed Me Back some ideas!

Thinking of the top 32 in the ranking making the Finals in Feb 22 PLUS including some wildcard "invitational" spots for locations more remote from SEQ that may not have access to tournaments run as frequently.

Perhaps if not already qualified, some spots set aside for folk from FNQ, Toowoomba, Sunny Coast, Bundaberg etc.

Is that pleasing to folk?

• Like 3

Feed Me Back some ideas!

Thinking of the top 32 in the ranking making the Finals in Feb 22 PLUS including some wildcard "invitational" spots for locations more remote from SEQ that may not have access to tournaments run as frequently.

Perhaps if not already qualified, some spots set aside for folk from FNQ, Toowoomba, Sunny Coast, Bundaberg etc.

Is that pleasing to folk?

If it is a true Queensland comp, then anyone from anywhere in Qld should be able to qualify. It would be dreadfully unfair if the comp was set up in such a way, that only people competing in large comps are able to make the finals, that people from metropolitan areas had no chance of qualifying.

• Like 1

I'm happy if you run the event as you like. IFPA rules generally, but as this is all new (relatively) and less money at steak, run it as you see fit. It is good experience if you have some form of finals, so best score is fine, record them whenever you like, but then get players together on the one night for the top 8 and have some form of finals perhaps. That really encourages competitive play, but if this is not possible I'll put the "best score" or "selfie league" idea to other TD"s and see what they say.

Thanks.

Our first pinball comp since the introduction of this will be run today. Hopefully we'll hit the 8 players required, though we've been a bit up and down with players lately. We'll email results later tonight or tomorrow for our competition.

We are currently running our competitions on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month, however may trial moving one to a Saturday to hopefully encourage a few of the Brisbane/Ipswich players to drive up the hill to play, have some drinks and stay the night in Toowoomba. If there is enough demand, we can look into close by accommodation packages and maybe look at drink specials for those who want to travel for a weekend away.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you want to check out current Qld Standings, they are all available at :

tinyurl.com/qldpr21

Let me know if there are any comps missing so far.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Have updated the Queensland Champs standings after the flurry of activity around the Masters. Available at:

tinyurl.com/qldpr21

Still keen for feedback and ideas. At the moment thinking of top 32 plus proportional additions from outside Brisbane. Venue wise - open to all ideas. Maybe a trip to the Sunshine Coast in early January????