Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Resources on adjusting displays?

darkjedi

Question

I've got a little lowboy here running a Nanao KZ-20EN + Mitsubishi tube, and after fixing a vertical collapse fault (replacing C408 on the chassis) it's mostly all there.

tube1.thumb.jpg.cd3e965125839823725bede7fe6f225c.jpg

I say mostly, as when I pop one of my CPS2 stacks into the cab to look at the test grid I notice that the lines on the bottom left of each box are wavy at the start (although as it's in vert orientation, it's actually the horizontal line). Adjusting the brightness, V & H-Holds don't affect it, and I'm not game to touch the neck as the convergence actually looks fairly good.

Any suggestions of resources one can look at to get an idea of how to tackle this? And on a related note, are there better boards out there (read: not bulky CPS2 ones) to use to generate a test pattern? Thanks!

tube2.thumb.jpg.80920898909c38bb17a6b05c1ca7f6f7.jpg tube3.jpg.b4bd2f32c0dff7bc710fc50f4203f2e3.jpg

7 answers to this question

Depends what you mean when you say adjusting. I would normally take that to mean fiddling with the pots once the setup is done. If you meant the setup itself, there's a few videos like this

If you meant troubleshooting, i'm not aware of any quick guides because things can get pretty complicated. Randy Fromm has few nice vids up on his channel but they aint short - https://www.youtube.com/user/randyfromm