Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Official AA Conspiracy Theory Thread

Given the recent popularity of conspiracy theories on the forum, I thought Aussie Arcade should have a dedicated thread to stop other topics getting derailed. Post all your favourite conspiracy theories here: true, plausible, false or just bizarre. No subject is off limits: JFK, New Coke, Australia Post, Ed Snowden, Polybius cabinets or the missing bit of the map in Bone County!
  • Like 4

Conspiracy theorists wouldn't post in here though would they? As everything 'mainstream' is always wrong and they know more than everyone else....

I actually listened to an interesting interview the other day with some psychologists and a common trait amongst conspiracy theorists was that they enjoyed the feeling of being more powerful than everyone else because they know more 'stuff' than the brainwashed and manipulated population. So often when challenged with real facts from multiple sources independently verified they default to a 'its not real data' argument and change direction of the conversation.

Apparently a good way to deal with them was suggested to ask where they get their info from and what caused them to think that way. Interesting because I have observed many comments on forums when these exact questions are asked....often the people claiming to have all the knowledge would either ignore the questions or reply with vague sweeping statements.

• Like 8

• Administrators
Conspiracy theorists wouldn't post in here though would they? As everything 'mainstream' is always wrong and they know more than everyone else....

I actually listened to an interesting interview the other day with some psychologists and a common trait amongst conspiracy theorists was that they enjoyed the feeling of being more powerful than everyone else because they know more 'stuff' than the brainwashed and manipulated population. So often when challenged with real facts from multiple sources independently verified they default to a 'its not real data' argument and change direction of the conversation.

Apparently a good way to deal with them was suggested to ask where they get their info from and what caused them to think that way. Interesting because I have observed many comments on forums when these exact questions are asked....often the people claiming to have all the knowledge would either ignore the questions or reply with vague sweeping statements.

Sounds like the majority of Facebook users. Ask the hard questions you get called names and or blocked.

• Like 3

Well something doesn,t smell right about the whole deal.

No more people died in the world last year than did the year before or the year before that. :unsure

Deaths that are known to be otherwise are going down as covid. That is happening all around the world. :unsure

Most of the worlds richest have gotten better off since this biz began. ;)

Panic. ;) = Bucks from meds ;)

Nothin much sus about that :blink:

& IMO there is still more behind this than we know at the moment.

• Like 1

Given the recent popularity of conspiracy theories on the forum, I thought Aussie Arcade should have a dedicated thread to stop other topics getting derailed. Post all your favourite conspiracy theories here: true, plausible, false or just bizarre. No subject is off limits: JFK, New Coke, Australia Post, Ed Snowden, Polybius cabinets or the missing bit of the map in Bone County!

Well done mate great idea

• Like 1

Where's Baz?

Something I've wondered about since before Covid was a twinkle in a lab technician's eye.

If mainstream media is nothing more than bullshit only feeding us what they want us to hear. How do we know that the alternative sources cited in conspiracy theory posts (anonymous, the illuminati, Fred and Wilma from a trailer park in Alabama ect) aren't feeding us just as big a pile of bullshit but from the opposite perspective. :unsure

Just a thought :rolleyes

• Like 3

Great stuff! ... can't believe someone else piked up and beat me to it :laugh:

I was going to go with "Please Debunk My Junk!??"

Then people can give their views and reasons, discuss and understand why. ... perhaps there will be nothing conclusive to be found.

Anyone with a question about something they aren't sure about, or might not be comfortable asking anywhere else for whatever reason.

So I was about to do the same, a thread to openly share stuff, or ask other people stuff. No joke, way too many people still believe the flat earth thing, and there's even a trapezoidal story apparently now, and some others?.... which could be just funny I suppose ... but I find a bit sad really.

I'd rather try to help people out if I can, just making fun of people if they are confused... well, doesn't seem right to me. If I take a respectful tone, I have found enough people find some relief. They can suddenly reconcile a heap of disconnects they had, not because I told anyone what to think, but just connecting dots of simple things that they observe any old day, connecting things they obviously already knew but didn't think about.

I am ready to hear what others think, put it together with what I already have, and consider things with reason. We do well to keep learning every day. Things change every day.

What mainly triggered me with posting has been the suspicion that something serious is going down in terms of banking regulation. With govt and testimonial documents to warrant investigation.

Also that almost nobody had heard any coverage of it.

Please just everyone try to post respectfully, encouraging more people to post their stuff! :cool:

:slamtilt:

• Like 2

Hmmm , sounds like click bait to me but then again I don't believe to much on the modern internet either. Maybe another pile on because I don't blindly believe what the internets says?. There was a time it could be trusted far more but that time is long gone I BELIEVE.

Some tricks I have used to use the internet with more chances of finding "unpopular" information. There is an app on Firefox free of charge that allows you to change your country your PC is seen by the net. ( Comes in handy downloading torrents and shit should you be that way inclined), but it also changes the way posts are displayed and what is displayed. A VPN is suppose but no charge and is very effective.

Funny how top stories and the way they are told varies by location on the planet. How is that so and why is it happening or is it not happening because I don't have a internet link saying it so?

Please. a grown up debate this time and no name calling or abuse or attempting peer group de-throning. By the way, maybe try to make it a little less obvious this time with all the mates all clicking your posts as likes. Funny how the Likes button gets suddenly used when there is a pile on to be had and people posting or liking that haven't said a word on the forum for months.

Enjoy.;)

Deaths that are known to be otherwise are going down as covid. That is happening all around the world. :unsure

& IMO there is still more behind this than we know at the moment.

This is quite a common misconception. I have pasted an explanation below. The quick summary the way i understand it is there are often contributing factors to the cause of death (eg: cancer, car accident, pnemonia etc etc), but all causal factors are listed. This is so people can research and understand in the future. Its simply the way death certificates and accurate records are kept - its nothing new at all. In the past (pre COVID), lets say Bob had a health issue that caused seizures and died in a car accident that he caused while having a seizure, both the car accident and the seizure would be contributing factors. So when someone searched and saw Bob's cause of death was the condition that cauzed seizures, they might say "thats nonsense, he died in a car accident". Cirrect, the immediate cause of death was a car accident, but the contributing factor was the condition.

Nothing suspicious, its just how death recording works and has always worked. Below is the longer explanation and a pasted follow up repsonse.

Cause of death on a death certificate is the IMMEDIATE cause of death. Other diseases that contribute to the death are listed in a separate section of the death certificate. So, if a patient has terminal cancer and gets COVID and then dies as a result of COVID then yes, the cause of death is COVID and the cancer would be listed as a contributing cause of death.

Anyone want to wager as to whether I’ll have to answer this question yet again in the next three months?

This isn’t unique to COVID. People who die from cancer don’t usually have cancer as their immediate cause of death. Their immediate cause is usually pneumonia or sepsis or hemorrhage, etc. If you have cancer and have a heart attack and die, you died of a heart attack. If you have cancer and get pneumonia and die, you died of pneumonia. The cancer may have made you more susceptible to these things and less likely to survive them but it wasn’t the immediate cause of death as your doctor fills out the death certificate.

Public health agencies sift through the death certificates and decide which public health category different deaths fall into for population statistical purposes after the fact. So, a death might be categorized as a cancer related death even though the death certificate says pneumonia as the primary cause and cancer as a secondary cause.

This is kind of hilarious. You’ve got plenty going on doc, but the guy did read and applied what you wrote. Basically, he’s treating covid like your explanation for cancer. If they have covid and died, lung failure or whatever would be their cause of death.

Whatever- overall mortality is up!- everyone agrees. People developing unhealthy habits and tearing of societal fabric is also approaching a tipping point. Do we really need another false narrative like “100 days� right now? That is part of some “great plan�? How bout “300 or more days�? Isn’t that more realistic and hey wear two masks because we were wrong about one? All these masks are biodegradable and can’t possibly contribute to global warming right? Right?? And if someone can be pressured into not saying their educated opinion in a leadership role of a health institution, no matter what pressure is applied (Fauci- looking at you), they have lost all respectability to remain in said position. And yeah- Minnesota people, great time to travel to Brazil right?

Have another great year in quarantine everybody!

The immediate cause of death in that case would be something like progressive hypoxic respiratory failure. Underneath that you would list the specific causes that led to the immediate cause. COVID would be listed in those diagnoses. Underneath the section where the diagnoses leading directly to death are listed is a separate section for diagnoses that contributed to death but didn't immediately cause it. In the case of COVID you would list things like diabetes, obesity, hypertension, etc. here. These are diagnoses that may have made the person more likely to die from COVID but didn't directly lead to death.

I guess the problem is that laypeople get way too caught up on the "immediate cause of death". In the majority of cases there isn't one single problem that leads to someone's death, it's usually a group of problems that work together, the obvious exception being something like trauma or a gunshot wound. That's why it was so hilarious to see the COVID deniers get all worked up when they saw the CDC data on COVID deaths. They thought they'd found some grand conspiracy when COVID wasn't listed as the only diagnosis leading to death. It's not a conspiracy, it's how things are. Death certificates are filled out to try and show what sequence of events led to someone's death. Just because COVID isn't listed as the immediate cause of death doesn't mean the person didn't die from COVID. That's just misunderstanding how death certificates are filled out. Death certificates are also much more complicated and detailed with the computer entry systems. People think of the old single page death certificate where a doctor just wrote "pneumonia" as the cause of death and signed it. It doesn't work that way anymore.

Think of it this way, let's say you get shot in the stomach. You bleed out and die. Ok, the immediate cause of death would be listed as something like refractory hypovolemic shock. Basically you bled out and your blood pressure dropped and you died. That was the immediate reason you ceased to live. The gunshot contributed to that immediate cause and would be listed underneath it. That's why "gunshot wound" may not be the IMMEDIATE cause of death in those cases, it is listed underneath whatever the event was that immediately caused the patient to die. That doesn't mean that your family isn't going to say you died from a gunshot wound or that you didn't die from the gunshot. It's just a more detailed way of describing what led to someone's death. Now then, let's say you get shot in the stomach but you get to the hospital before you bleed out and have emergency surgery. Unfortunately you later develop a severe infection from the gunshot and die from that. Ok, in that case your immediate cause of death would be "septic shock" and gunshot wound would still be listed in the diagnoses underneath it. See, if you just said everyone died of a gunshot wound and left it at that you wouldn't be able to tell how many people bled out vs how many people died of infection later. It's more specific to list the sequence of events that led to the death and that's why death certificates are filled out the way they are now vs the old way.

Some of this also depends on the doctor filling out the certificate. Some doctors are more detailed than others. Afterwards when the public health department publishes how many people died from gunshot wounds they will do a search through all the death certificates and pick out the ones that have gunshot wound listed in the diagnoses leading to death. They clump these things together in the statistic so they make more sense to the public at large. Otherwise you'd have a ton of different specific "immediate" causes listed and you wouldn't be able to tell as much about how many people died from gunshots. Same thing with COVID.

• Like 5

• Super Moderator
I think you’re all conspiring, making up a thread about conspiracy that lures me to read it, which is stopping me from doing the important things like trying to finish my SECOND coffee for the day, every bastard at work must be in on it as well, total cluster fark of a day, I mean look at all the commas I’m using, :punish:
  • Like 4

• Administrators
I think you’re all conspiring, making up a thread about conspiracy that lures me to read it, which is stopping me from doing the important things like trying to finish my SECOND coffee for the day, every bastard at work must be in on it as well, total cluster fark of a day, I mean look at all the commas I’m using, :punish:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,really?