Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

WTB Candy Cabinet: Taito Egret 2 or 3, or Sega Astro City

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I didn't get much response on this the first time. A few people have said that @dragonlee might have some Taito Egret cabinets.

Is anyone in the market to sell their Candy Cabinet? I'm open to negotiate a generous price for something that is in good condition, serviced and well taken care of.

I'll write this brief response in the hope that others asking the same thing in the future will read it first.

If you're after a candy cab:

1. You're going to have to wait as they seem to be coming up less than they were even 2 years ago

2. You need to stalk facebook marketplace/gumtree like a recidivist sex offender. Any decent deal will sell very quickly. Even average deals do. The only ones that hang around are usually substantially overpriced.

3. If you're only willing to buy local, you're going to wait longer

4. If you're in SA, Tas or WA from what I've seen you're unlikely to ever find one locally

5. It seems to me that most of the cabs that come up for sale are in Sydney or SE Queensland

Most people with them aren't looking to lose one.

• Like 5

Thank you so much guys for the feedback and information. Yeah, I'm searching for the Taito Egret 3 for its tri-sync monitor capabilities. Are there any other cabinets that have this sort of monitor? I expect to pay over $2500 for something in decent condition. The issue is finding one these days.

I have contacted a supplier over in Japan as a backup, but ideally, I'd like to get something from someone here.

If interested I do have a Konami Windy 2 but it’s only 31k monitor.(Vertical set up Jvs/jamma set up).

Yeah, I'm looking for something that can do 15Hz as well mate. Thank you for the offer though; I appreciate your response.

The shape is exactly the same, literally the same cabs, sold by different manufacturers with different internals. Taito sold the Egret II and III and Sammy sold the Atomiswave. But the external cabs are functionally identical, it's only the internals that differ.
  • Like 1

If you don't plan on frequently rotating the monitor, an Atomiswave is a better choice than an Egret IMO. Simply due to the fact that they are way cheaper.

They also don't have a tri-sync Nanao monitor, they have a tri-sync Wei-ya. However, the tri-sync Wei-ya in my Atomiswave is one of the best monitors I own. Such an amazing picture, with an awesome suite of adjustments.

• Like 1

If you don't plan on frequently rotating the monitor, an Atomiswave is a better choice than an Egret IMO. Simply due to the fact that they are way cheaper.

They also don't have a tri-sync Nanao monitor, they have a tri-sync Wei-ya. However, the tri-sync Wei-ya in my Atomiswave is one of the best monitors I own. Such an amazing picture, with an awesome suite of adjustments.

Yeah, I won't be rotating it. I just want to play with it in horizontal most days. I'll hunt around for the Sammy Atomiswave. How much do they for these days?

Yeah, I won't be rotating it. I just want to play with it in horizontal most days. I'll hunt around for the Sammy Atomiswave. How much do they for these days?

It really depends. In good condition with an original monitor, likely 1800+ these days. You might get lucky and find one for $1500 or so, but those kind of deals are few and far between these days.

Wow! This one is $4500AUD after conversion over in the states, but it looks like it's been sitting on eBay for a while at that price.

There is not a single candy cab in the world worth that much money IMO. That's a stupid price and it will never sell. The highest I have seen Atomiswaves sell for is just over 2k, and that was overpriced.

You can pick up a decent Atomiswave or Blast City, both with a tri-res monitor, for sub 2k if you just wait and pounce quickly when stuff comes up. Problem is, seems like every man and his dog wants a candy cab these days. It's gone crazy, so they sell fast.

• Like 1

I recently picked up an Atomiswave for my Namoi setup (plugs straight in and even has an easy 5v out for the Pi). I really love it as a cab! Wish all my cabs had four wheels on the base...
  • Like 1

There is not a single candy cab in the world worth that much money IMO. That's a stupid price and it will never sell. The highest I have seen Atomiswaves sell for is just over 2k, and that was overpriced.

You can pick up a decent Atomiswave or Blast City, both with a tri-res monitor, for sub 2k if you just wait and pounce quickly when stuff comes up. Problem is, seems like every man and his dog wants a candy cab these days. It's gone crazy, so they sell fast.

I wouldn't mind paying above the market value for one in good condition. I just don't know many people around Brisbane that is even into this sort of thing.

I wouldn't mind paying above the market value for one in good condition. I just don't know many people around Brisbane that is even into this sort of thing.

You would be surprised. There is a bit of a community in SE QLD.......

• Like 1

There were like 3 blasts listed from a Brisbane seller on Gumtree in the last 3 months. Just give it a browse every day or set up auto notifications for blast's when they turn up. Just have to wait.

• Like 1

Yeah, but those blasts did not have original monitors in them. A lot of people buy blasts, then realise basically no one repairs the Nanao MS-2931 chassis, so they often remove the monitors and replace them with tv tubes and a shitty universal chassis. They were way overpriced for what they were, being that they didn't have the tri-res Nanao, which is what everyone wants in a Blast City.
  • Like 1