Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

My bet to a workmate over the future of cars

danny_galaga

53 minutes ago, CandyLand said:

Well to be civil about it he did link me to a site I can't visit...Twice.

The two links are for two arcade cabs I built, since you found that it was imperative that I build some before anything else I say can be believed. I couldn't have known that your behaviour is consistent across multiple forums, resulting in bans.

1 hour ago, prktkljokr said:

1 reply to that article 

Peter Szczesiak

Where is all the electric going to come from to create the hydrogen? Or is it just going to come from gas? Ie dirty hydrogen.
Also in comparison to a fuel cell they are very inefficient and in comparison to an EV they are a disaster

Two points.

First, I did post a link earlier that shows the number of renewable powered hydrogen plants around the world.

And B, I'm actually 'playing chess against myself' here. I'm showing one of the alternatives to EVs that would mean I lose my bet, since you can power an ICE with hydrogen.

Ya gotta meet me half way here guys! I'm putting forward both sides of the argument 😄

Edited by danny_galaga
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, danny_galaga said:

Ya gotta meet me half way here guys! I'm putting forward both sides of the argument 😄

If you can find a alternative fuelled vehicle that doesn't emit noxious gasses when running, in the production of it and its fuel we will let you win OK 😁

Not against any alternative fuelled vehicle or EV, what I am more against is the BULL$#!T, we get fed to how great its going to be for the environment and global warming, when they know full well that its not. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, prktkljokr said:

If you can find a alternative fuelled vehicle that doesn't emit noxious gasses when running, in the production of it and its fuel we will let you win OK 😁

Not against any alternative fuelled vehicle or EV, what I am more against is the BULL$#!T, we get fed to how great its going to be for the environment and global warming, when they know full well that its not. 

I actually fear the repercussions. How do you make something clearly not suitable for "everyone" in your nation the normal?. You simply make it's current alternative so expensive, no where near as many people in your nation can afford it.

You make ICE cars no longer available and make the price of fuel so high and bingo, a nation running on EVs.

Problem is in many cases, at the moment and the foreseeable future, some ICE powered devices that aren't vehicles have no clear alternative so those people with no choice pay a higher price as well.

I also think we are absolutely stupid even taking about replacing ICE powered vehicles , banning the use of gas, restricting the use of wood for heating and replacing all these with electricity at a time we have no viable alternative to replace what makes the nations power right now, coal power stations.

I do have a question....

Why is it since I started seeing solar panels appearing on roofs of houses in suburbia, my power bill has never gone down?

4 hours ago, Autosteve said:

Danny...I dont blame you personally, It is not your fault we have been lied too, And I do not expect you to have the answers, At best I see you as only trying to believe you are doing the right thing, Take a close look at those Tesla owners next time you are out, They don't look happy, They look tired and worried Driving around in their tiny fart box of a car, And because they know they were sold a pipedream...As for the future of cars I believe ICE will win out in the time frame you have established, not like you would think however, Or because the big 3 will be producing them, But because crate motors (the Hellcat, and the LS6 inparticular) in a composite kit body (Factory 5 makes reasonable kits if interested) is far more economical and circumvents Most regulations on the subject and most likely the foreseeable future of automobiles...Mod team...Those arcade related build threads you keep referring to seem to be in the somewhat lacking department as far as innovation goes anyway, aparently I was the only one doing it, The Facebook style emoj thing is probably one of the main reasons for the aparent lack of interest, doesn't really spark ideas, promote constructive conversation, or even allow for much room for opinions, (IMHO)...Please just delete BOTH my accounts.(*Evil laugh, that was just for you Arcade King,...LOL), Jenn has machines to build, See ya later boys.

Edited by CandyLand

Well then busy guy King Travis that makes you Jennifers newest bestest friend, and we will go back live on that machine as soon as I get the shop cleaned up some (and some thought as to how, as it is pretty messed up now, Sorry about that)...In the meantime, I am totally staying out of random off topic threads, they make me even more crazy than usual aparently.

Edited by CandyLand

Ya, I am blocked from seeing what your looking at, but I can imagine what it is...I was actually talking about the rising cost of plywood when that started, and had a few minutes to dump posts after the initial comment...Just between us, I wasn't lying about anything, I just never felt the need to "prove" anything to him with pics just because he chased me around the internet demanding I do...Curiously If that is the "Red Baron" I am actually building it here...with pics even, and she is quite pretty so far...LOL.

Edited by CandyLand

https://www.factoryfive.com/ Well if you have a need to be entertained, This is what I was talking about earlier...I actually used to work in the glass shop back in the day at Classic Roadsters (Ltd) doing cobra bodies and even built a few for customers, (Which may explain a few if my random skills, and obsession with quality tools, if your watching my arcade build) In comparison this one as a base 20k and fitted with the 427, still comparable to an EV, and dangerously wicked fast for such a small car, secretly however, you will probably have a minimum of 50k (and up) in it after built..They have other cars but notice there is already a 2 year wait on that GTM.

Edited by CandyLand

38 minutes ago, danny_galaga said:

Prktkljokr, looks some of those cheaper Chinese cars are going to be DOT approved after all 🙂

https://thedriven.io/2022/11/28/low-cost-electric-hatchbacks-are-finally-making-a-big-leap-into-the-market/amp/

For a car that costs less than $15,000 AUD in its local market

So if my calculations are correct using the same logic as the LDV eDeliver 9, once imported to Australia and sold by local dealers they should cost us $55,000 plus on roads costs 🤣

We all know China can make cheap everything, its the greedy bastards here that make it expensive.

I once imported 4,  roughly 4 year old cars from Osaka Japan, the cars cost me in total $5000 AU to buy in Japan and all were like new, by the time they were in my yard they cost me $22000, this was late 90's, shipping was $1800 for a 40 foot container and the container hire and packing of the cars cost me about $1200, the rest was government charges import duty etc.

They were a 95 Honda Prelude, 94 Honda Integra, 94 VR4 Galant and a 94 Subaru Legacy ( Liberty here ).  Just in case you were wondering the Galant was damaged on the way over, the Integra fell on it 🤕

Edited by prktkljokr
  • Like 1

On the future of energy density for batteries

https://spectrum.ieee.org/ev-battery-2658649740

on the future of hydrogen powered cars 

https://theconversation.com/amp/the-days-of-the-hydrogen-car-are-already-over-194649

I'm kinda not surprised at that sentiment. Mercedes have been screwing around with fuel cells since the 70's. 

3 hours ago, CandyLand said:

I really would have expected more from BMW, than just "Freshen up the interior" With new seats... That is actually disappointing.

It won’t work anyway. One thing my old boss always told me and I have found to be true is that NEW always sells even if in some ways it is inferior. Everyone want to be the first kid on the block with the latest and greatest.