Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

My bet to a workmate over the future of cars

danny_galaga

9 minutes ago, danny_galaga said:

There are heaps of vehicles like that in China. The main reason they can't be sold in the US, or most Western countries in fact is they don't have any DOT approved anything. Even a windscreen needs to pass certain standards (for obvious reasons) but not even the  windscreens on these vehicles is DOT approved.

I know they don't meet our standards, but it just goes to show what price it actually costs to make a cheap Chinese vehicle.

7 hours ago, prktkljokr said:

If they were really serious about saving the planet the money they make would be a secondary concern

If they were really serious about this apparent problem it would have been legislated in every country, (not just 1st world western countries looking for a 3rd world problem), exactly like the use of CFCs were after it was found they were eating the ozone layer.

Chinese and Russian money would not have been linked to assorted Green group funding all over the western world either.

Who really knows what the real story is.

About your project @prktkljokr. Your solar panels on the roof idea will work but it is similar to trying to charge a normal car battery off a phone charger, yes it will work but with only around 2-300 watts off the roof and that Chinese LDV piece of mobile landfill uses a 11,000watt, (11kw) charger and that battery pack is rather small in EV terms used in that thing.

Plus storing electricity is one if not the hardest forms of energy to store to use at a later time.

Maybe think outside the square?. Compressed air stored in old LPG tanks. The air powers an old ICE motor like a steam engine, not a turbine as the losses are ridiculous. Won't cost much to play with. Solar panels have more than enough output to power an air compressor and the dynamic braking could spin up a large compressor. Shit, the "exhaust" from the running motor could spin up a turbo driving yet another compressor.

Even more outside thinking...Calcium carbonate, shitloads all around the globe. Put water with it and you get acetylene and oxygen. Used to be used in mining lighting and some early fridges ran on it......before my time I'm afraid but heard from those older.😄 

Don't know what the end gas is once burnt.

It always struck me as strange with all our chemistry knowledge recently highlighting fighting a virus attacking a human body, we can not produce a fuel that runs an ICE motor with a totally inert gas as it's only output.

Not like the fuel we burn ATM is exactly natural in origin......

Petrol is made up of multiple chemicals containing hydrogen and carbon, commonly known as hydrocarbons. The average petrol blend contains around 150 different hydrocarbons, including substances such as butane, isopentane and pentane.

Hydrogen. Only by product is water 😉

Steve. People ARE serious about it. But when the Allan Jones of the world keep sowing doubts into VOTERS heads, what's a politician to do? They have to cater to the lowest common denominator. You might not be able to do a lot if Fox News believers vote you in, but you can't do anything at all if you don't get elected...

Also, I think CO2 is inert. But I could be wrong...

Edited by danny_galaga

11 hours ago, danny_galaga said:

Hydrogen. Only by product is water 😉

You do realise the production of Hydrogen at a huge scale needed for automotive use will produce emissions, so saying its only by-product is water is sorta true after its made, as it is not a natural gas it has to be made and this process uses other resources to split it into Hydrogen and Oxygen

The main way to produce Hydrogen at the moment is 

Steam-methane reforming is a widely used method of commercial hydrogen production

Steam-methane reforming currently accounts for nearly all commercially produced hydrogen in the United States. Commercial hydrogen producers and petroleum refineries use steam-methane reforming to separate hydrogen atoms from carbon atoms in methane (CH4). In steam-methane reforming, high-temperature steam (1,300°F to 1,800°F) under 3–25 bar pressure (1 bar = 14.5 pounds per square inch) reacts with methane in the presence of a catalyst to produce hydrogen, carbon monoxide, and a relatively small amount of carbon dioxide (CO2).

Natural gas is the main methane source for hydrogen production by industrial facilities and petroleum refineries. Landfill gas/biogas, which may be called biomethane or renewable natural gas, is a source of hydrogen for several fuel cell power plants in the United States. Biofuels and petroleum fuels are also potential hydrogen sources.

Electrolysis uses electricity to produce hydrogen

Electrolysis is a process that splits hydrogen from water using an electric current. Electrolysis is commonly used to demonstrate chemical reactions and hydrogen production in high school science classes. On a large, commercial scale, the process may be referred to as power-to-gas, where power is electricity and hydrogen is gas. Electrolysis itself does not produce any byproducts or emissions other than hydrogen and oxygen. The electricity for electrolysis can come from renewable sources, nuclear energy, or fossil fuels. If the electricity for electrolysis is produced from fossil fuel (coal, natural gas, and petroleum) or biomass combustion, then the related environmental effects and CO2 emissions are indirectly associated with that hydrogen.

We really have no real way of powering our vehicles on a huge scale without emissions being involved in the production of whatever these vehicles are going to be powered with.

OK the end result may be nill emissions when you drive, but we had to get to that point somehow and that process produces emissions.

At the end of the day the only way to commute without emissions polluting the planet in some form is to walk, as even riding a bike will also produce emissions, as the production of said bike would have already produced emissions in its production 🙃

You can see what we do each day even without the car has some impact when it comes to emissions, from the production of that electric alarm clock that wakes you in the morning to the heated shower you have when you go to bed at night, every element of your day has produced an emission at some stage, now we times that by the population of the world and there's the problem, the poor car is only 1 problem in a decillion problems.

When you look at it this way you can see that the crap they spruke on why we should go electric has no meaning at all and the electric car is not the answer to global warming.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, prktkljokr said:

We really have no real way of powering our vehicles on a huge scale without emissions being involved in the production of whatever these vehicles are going to be powered with.

OK the end result may be nill emissions when you drive, but we had to get to that point somehow and that process produces emissions.

At the end of the day the only way to commute without emissions polluting the planet in some form is to walk, as even riding a bike will also produce emissions, as the production of said bike would have already produced emissions in its production 🙃

You can see what we do each day even without the car has some impact when it comes to emissions, from the production of that electric alarm clock that wakes you in the morning to the heated shower you have when you go to bed at night, every element of your day has produced an emission at some stage, now we times that by the population of the world and there's the problem, the poor car is only 1 problem in a decillion problems.

When you look at it this way you can see that the crap they spruke on why we should go electric has no meaning at all and the electric car is not the answer to global warming.

Possibly the only real answer to global warming is eliminating all of us. 
Not a popular option though just look what happened to Ultron and Thanos🤣

• Like 2

prktkljokr relax. Steve was asking about any fuel that doesn't create any harmful by products when burnt. Hydrogen only produces water when burnt. 

Whether it will be practical to use is another matter. It will depend on how much we can make via renewables. This is where the world stands at the moment 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1311948/number-of-green-hydrogen-plants-by-country/

13 hours ago, oldhank said:

I just like beer that tastes like real beer 

If this news doesn't motivate Aussies into action, nothing will 😄

https://amp.9news.com.au/article/5d7ef359-c0c2-4b73-9097-710acc55e22b

Edited by danny_galaga

1 hour ago, danny_galaga said:

prktkljokr relax. Steve was asking about any fuel that doesn't create any harmful by products when burnt. Hydrogen only produces water when burnt. 

Whether it will be practical to use is another matter. It will depend on how much we can make via renewables. This is where the world stands at the moment 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1311948/number-of-green-hydrogen-plants-by-country/

If this need didn't motivate Aussies into action, nothing will 😄

https://amp.9news.com.au/article/5d7ef359-c0c2-4b73-9097-710acc55e22b

What are you even doing on an arcade site blabbering about your Left wing half truth anyway?...Do you even build arcade machines?...I do and it is a far from green hobby dude, my blast furnace and thinner still alone cancels out anything you have even said about carbon and Co2in the last 20 pages...I bet you don't build anything at all.

Edited by CandyLand
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Boots said:

Possibly the only real answer to global warming is eliminating all of us. 

Yep, agreed. To much smoke and mirrors involved with this world problem.

To much blame shifting and outright lying going on as everyone trys to take the high moral ground.

You have some surrounded by every conceivable carbon creating luxury wanting this countrys only viable method of producing reliable cheap power used to power it to close down.

You look a little deeper into such people only to find they drive a Nissan Patrol diesel, every light is on it the house day and night and are picked up for work in a 7 series BMW tax payer funded commonwealth car . That would be the case of Zali Steggal.

I'm sure once the media starts doing it's job and delves into the lives of other "Teal" members and others making such vitally important decisions pushing the country to 3rd world standards, the outcome will be the same.

Then higher up the ladder you look, the more "entitlement" you find.

Many of these "elites" enjoyed there tax payer funded junket at the latest COP 27 meeting to address everyone elses problem.

Amazing how these COP meeting have suddenly become a yearly shin dig instead of there original 3 yearly meetings.

Good old Albo is trying to get the 2026 COP meeting held here in Sydney or Melbourne. Might be better holding it in Qld because by then another two NSW power stations are set to close in that time frame.

Should be a good money spinner for the state as the expected 20,000- 40,000 "elites" all pour into the country off there jet airlines and are rushed off in there limousines to there 5 star motels so they can decide how those that didn't get an invite pay for the problem both financially and a drop in living standards.

See, that is exactly how you tackle this "crucial" world problem.

As for Australia actually being a 1st world country I think we are only fooling ourselves. In the cities maybe but it doesn't take long traveling away from the cities to see just how backward this country really is.

While some in the cities complain about 5G coverage, if I travel 200 odd kms south of Sydney there is no mobile coverage. Go a further 200kms and UHF radio is your mobile coverage as no phones work there either.

While some in the cities complain about potholes in there local roads, some towns in the same states, locals have to drive through river beds to get to town after the river washed away there one and only bridge.

While the cities have DE-sal plants to produce water should the cities need more water, many towns have brown water coming from the tap when the rains stop and this goes on for years between rain.

What a backward fuk countries this really is when you look a little harder.

Australians really are the great pretenders. 

1 hour ago, danny_galaga said:

Thats ok Danny, stick your head in the sand like most people and keep looking at the little picture, there is more to this than just stopping greenhouse gasses, we have to keep the rich rich, dont we.

• Haha 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CandyLand said:

What are you even doing on an arcade site blabbering about your Left wing half truth anyway?...Do you even build arcade machines?...I do and it is a far from green hobby dude, my blast furnace and thinner still alone cancels out anything you have even said about carbon and Co2in the last 20 pages...I bet you don't build anything at all.

Errr, at this point I will interject and note that it is not a requirement of Aussie Arcade that a member is required to build or even own and arcade (or pinball) machine.    All manner of interests are catered for on the site and will continue to be.    

Dave (the evil moderator)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CandyLand said:

This thread is about a bet to a workmate regarding whether new ICE cars will be available to buy in Australia by 2031. What are YOU even talking about? Chinese conspiracies and crying street kids. Dafuq dude. I don't know who parachuted you in to this discussion but maybe it's time to be beamed back up again.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,144934.0.html

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,58932.0/all.html

I cant read your links you miserable head case, After you guys called me a "racist" over there I was also banned from even reading the site on an IP level...But again you miss the point, you hang out on multiple arcade forms NOT talking about Arcade machines...but rather cars and politics in a ten year troll thread (only nine to go)...Get a life.

Edited by CandyLand

😳...And  Chinese conspiracies are your term pal, don't see you even understanding what I am saying much less proving it to the contrary...And the "crying kid" is cause and effect of your about to be a quite serious homless problem, Directly related to your war on coal and fossil fuels..PEOPLE CANNOT AFFORD IT...Especially young strugging families in a depressed economy, It comes down to food or heat.

Edited by CandyLand

5 hours ago, furballx said:

Errr, at this point I will interject and note that it is not a requirement of Aussie Arcade that a member is required to build or even own and arcade (or pinball) machine.    All manner of interests are catered for on the site and will continue to be.    

Dave (the evil moderator)

I get this, It is a off topic...But a 10 year long thread to hear about some stupid bet? Multiple times a day non-the-less? Come on man even you got to just cringe at the prospect...But here in the real world, some of us are actually interested in other people's arcade related projects and project ideas.

Edited by CandyLand

41 minutes ago, CandyLand said:

I get this, It is a off topic...But 10 years long to hear about some bet? Multiple times a day? Come on man even you got to just cringe at the prospect...But here in the real world, some of us are actually interested in other people's arcade related projects and project ideas.

Not meaning to ruffle any feathers here, this thread was about a bet which has since turned into a pros and cons debate on EV's, ICE, global warming and its causes, it is a friendly banter of different opinions and I don't mean to state the obvious, but there are plenty of arcade related topics that are added to weekly at minimum on this forum for you to read, if this one is hitting a nerve, you do have a choice of not looking, blocking or even not poking the bear if you do decide to take a look.

Its hard to tell when someone posts on a forum if they are being angry happy or just taking the p!$$, mostly the posting on these forums is friendly with a little bit of passion at most.

So lets all join hands and sing Kumbaya 😁😁😁🙃🙃🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by prktkljokr
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, prktkljokr said:

Not meaning to ruffle any feathers here, this thread was about a bet which has since turned into a pros and cons debate on EV's, ICE, global warming and its causes, it is a friendly banter of different opinions and I don't mean to state the obvious, but there are plenty of arcade related topics that are added to weekly at minimum on this forum for you to read, if this one is hitting a nerve, you do have a choice of not looking, blocking or even not poking the bear if you do decide to take a look.

Its hard to tell when someone posts on a forum if they are being angry happy or just taking the p!$$, mostly the posting on these forums is friendly with a little bit of passion at most.

We got new LED lights on our Christmas Tree this year, they look really good.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, prktkljokr said:

Don't forget the hugs please don't forget the hugs 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, CandyLand said:

I cant read your links you miserable head case, After you guys called me a "racist" over there I was also banned from even reading the site on an IP level...But again you miss the point, you hang out on multiple arcade forms NOT talking about Arcade machines...but rather cars and politics in a ten year troll thread (only nine to go)...Get a life.

This is the GENERAL section.  it was created years ago to keep exactly this kind of thread out of the pinball and arcade forums.  If you are not comfortable putting an argument in a civilized manner than do yourself a favor and use the ignore thread option to avoid temptation.  I expect very few people give a damn about what happened on another forum, me and the rest of the mod team included. Knock off the personal shit PLEASE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, danny_galaga said:

1 reply to that article 

Peter Szczesiak

Where is all the electric going to come from to create the hydrogen? Or is it just going to come from gas? Ie dirty hydrogen.
Also in comparison to a fuel cell they are very inefficient and in comparison to an EV they are a disaster

• Like 1

1 hour ago, furballx said:

This is the GENERAL section.  it was created years ago to keep exactly this kind of thread out of the pinball and arcade forums.  If you are not comfortable putting an argument in a civilized manner than do yourself a favor and use the ignore thread option to avoid temptation.  I expect very few people give a damn about what happened on another forum, me and the rest of the mod team included. Knock off the personal shit PLEASE!

Well to be civil about it he did link me to a site I can't visit...Twice.

Edited by CandyLand

Look at me even pointing out how the price of gasoline is actually coming down now, It is actually about half of what it was now at the pump, since Donald J. Trump said he was going to run again in 2024.

Check it out for yourselves since we are going to aparently just talk about Danny's bet for the next nine years, and don't have anything better to do.

Screenshot_20221128-053726_Gallery.jpg

Edited by CandyLand