Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

My bet to a workmate over the future of cars

danny_galaga

But meanwhile look who is Building your disposable vehicles and batteries we can't afford...That doesn't look carbon neutral at all, you figgering this into your "green" bull factoids? Because they are laughing at you for destroying your economy to buy their products...43 Brand spanking new coal fired plants.

Screenshot_20221123-210452_Gallery.jpg

Edited by CandyLand
  • Like 1

I'm not sure were it is all heading but the company I work for started selling specific EV's within the last couple of months and they are selling by the hundreds. But I'm not sure what's going happen by 2031 when the batteries start to die, they are betting/hoping that a replacement battery will be worth the cost of materials and labour to replace it otherwise lots of cars sitting around with no-go

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CandyLand said:

But meanwhile look who is Building your disposable vehicles and batteries we can't afford...That doesn't look carbon neutral at all, you figgering this into your "green" bull factoids? Because they are laughing at you for destroying your economy to buy their products...43 Brand spanking new coal fired plants.

Screenshot_20221123-210452_Gallery.jpg

What is your point? Whether it's ICE or EV, it's going to be made in the same place. Are you arguing that all things made in china or India are bad? Ive already pointed out that there are EVs made in the US. So those EVs are ok?

How many arguments are you running here?

2 hours ago, Goblin said:

I'm not sure were it is all heading but the company I work for started selling specific EV's within the last couple of months and they are selling by the hundreds. But I'm not sure what's going happen by 2031 when the batteries start to die, they are betting/hoping that a replacement battery will be worth the cost of materials and labour to replace it otherwise lots of cars sitting around with no-go

Here's a good write up about the pros and cons by the well regarded Car and Driver magazine

https://www.caranddriver.com/research/a31875141/electric-car-battery-life/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goblin said:

That's when they start getting retrofitted with Holden red motors and Holden 3.8L V6's 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, danny_galaga said:

What is your point? Whether it's ICE or EV, it's going to be made in the same place. Are you arguing that all things made in china or India are bad? Ive already pointed out that there are EVs made in the US. So those EVs are ok?

How many arguments are you running here?

Oh come on...You really can't figger out the reason why? Let me talk really slow so you can understand...Cheeeeep energyyyyy.

22 minutes ago, CandyLand said:

Oh come on...You really can't figger out the reason why? Let me talk really slow so you can understand...Cheeeeep energyyyyy.

Again, what is your agenda? Does that cheap energy not also make ICE cars?

I think you have a lot of demons in your head.

Well of course it does, as also does cheap labor, But if you need a point how is your electric bill looking? You seem to be OK demonizing oil, and paying the cost consequences in everything else you buy, Just the shoes on your feet alone for example are up 18% directly related to high energy, But that's OK I guess, because again this is only about your "bet" not reality-based solutions, While those selling you the products are investing fossil fuels...As for China quality, Ya, not really my go to.

Edited by CandyLand

5 minutes ago, CandyLand said:

Well of course it does, as also does cheap labor, But if you need a point how is your electric bill looking? You seem to be OK demonizing oil, and paying the cost consequences in everything else you buy, Just the shoes on your feet alone for example are up 18% directly related to high energy, But that's OK I guess, because again this is only about your "bet" not reality-based solutions, While those selling you the products are investing fossil fuels...As for China quality, Ya, not really my go to.

Are you telling me this via a phone, or a PC? where is it made?

Consumer electronics who cares, most of what I do is offline...But tools for example, I prefer the lifetime warranty of Quality products...In fact I just bought a new air compressor, It is AWESOME, and notice it doesn't say, "Made in china"

Screenshot_20221124-053931_Gallery.jpg

Edited by CandyLand

I am not boycotting anything, Just dont care where computer chips are made, What I am saying however take some damn pride in your country, if not for yourself for your family and friends...Make Australia great again.

Edited by CandyLand

25 minutes ago, danny_galaga said:

You are the one going on about Chinese made stuff. Now I call you out on buying Chinese made stuff, exactly the Chinese things you buy are exempt from your boycott.

Lame.

You are a hypocrite.

That is your go to? Who made my phone, and how can I pay more for it by demonizing oil?...You are an idiot.

8 minutes ago, CandyLand said:

I am not boycotting anything, Just dont care where computer chips are made, What I am saying however take some damn pride in your country, if not for yourself for your family and friends...Make Australia great again.

Most of those computer chips are made by American companies in China and Taiwan. How about you show some pride in YOUR country and do something about it. Where do you think the money is? Making chips, or making a handful of compressors for the domestic market?

As long as the product works doing the job it is designed to do for as long a service life as expected with minimal human intervention, I have absolutely no objections.

I'd love to replace ICE engines completely as the bastards of things have near poisoned me many times over the years but and here is the big but, it has to do the same job if anything easier than what it replaces.

In other words it needs to be more practical and this is I'm afraid is still an EVs downfall.

Case in point, you mentioned an EV towing a caravan earlier.

"I have to be in the Gold Coast in 24 hours from Sydney and I'm towing a 2 tonne trailer. I'm leaving in 1 hour".

You know there isn't an EV on the market today no matter how much I pay that can do that job but believe it or not, I did that exact same trip towing a 2 tonne trailer around 20 years ago in a 2nd hand, $4000, then 7 year old Holden.