Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

My bet to a workmate over the future of cars

danny_galaga

5 hours ago, Autosteve said:

Do you actually believe that?

The problem we are trying to prevent is CO2 in the atmosphere we are all being told. 

This is is crutch of the problem...What we are being told is based on falsified data from the Geneva climate scientists, all the way back to the beginning.

Edited by CandyLand
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, danny_galaga said:

How long does a battery last?

Will people replace batteries in EV’s or will the cars just end up being scrapped?

Is there more plastic in an EV?

One of the problems with all this is that it’s driven by manufacturers who stand to make plenty of money through obsolescence. 

5 minutes ago, Boots said:

How long does a battery last?

Will people replace batteries in EV’s or will the cars just end up being scrapped?

Is there more plastic in an EV?

One of the problems with all this is that it’s driven by manufacturers who stand to make plenty of money through obsolescence. 

1) If you are lucky it will last a few years past warranty end.

2) No people will not be replacing the batteries because the replacement battery cost and fitting will outweigh the value of the vehicle.

3) I would say that they are the same as a standard ICE vehicle.

4) Exactly, manufacturers dont care for the environment, they care about the bottom line and the sustainability of the business.

These vehicles will be like the cars now with LPG tanks in them, no one wants to touch them when they are at end of life, there is no LPG tank recycling facility.

At the moment what do you do with a spent Tesla battery, where do you take it ?, does it cost you money to dispose of ?, this is going to be the problem, if its no good and it cost's money to dispose of, they will be dumped, you just have to look at asbestos to know that we will have a problem in the future, go for a walk through the bush you will find piles of it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Autosteve said:

The problem we are trying to prevent is CO2 in the atmosphere we are all being told. That dangerous gas that if it raises to a to higher level, it hypothetically could hold to much heat in on the planet causing temperatures to rise.

That to me is still a hypothetical problem however the problems caused by all the stupid ways we have come up with to date to rid the world of this problem are not hypothetical.

It's not hypothetical. It's not even very hard to understand really (but hard to show because of the scale of time and size). 

I'm hoping no one here DOESNT think the greenhouse effect is real. I covered that before. So, assuming we are all on the same page on that. Can you not see that if X amount of CO2 keeps the planet in a certain range of temperatures, and given that CO2 creates the greenhouse effect to keep the planet warmer than it would otherwise be, then more than X amount of CO2 will give us a higher range of temperatures. At scale it's not even very noticeable. For instance, you have probably been at a bay with a large tide. Quite a big range from high tide to low tide, no? Or been near or on a big mountain. If you stand near it, it blocks out the sky. Yet, with all that variation and unevenness, in scale the earth is smoother than a billiard ball.

I find it hard to fathom that people can understand mountains and tides, but not see that changing the composition of the atmosphere can affect temperature. 

I mention scale because we are just viruses on a billiard ball. But the tiniest change to that billiard ball is going to be very detrimental to the virii on its surface, even if we can't even see the change with our eyes 

9 hours ago, CandyLand said:

This is is crutch of the problem...What we are being told is based on falsified data from the Geneva climate scientists, all the way back to the beginning.

Oh dear. Conspiracies. I suppose no one has ever been to the moon either?

• Like 1

You only wish it was a conspiracy and not real or even proven fact, since it can not just be ignored and also happenes very beginning of all this bull you are slinging... Falsified data and models that were DELIBERATELY manipulated, because they could not prove any impending climate disaster...Look it up yourself and learn some historical facts.

Screenshot_20221120-192316_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Autosteve said:

Here's another completely different perspective.

As bad as what we have been doing to this planet over the last 150 odd years, compare that to what this EV alternative would look like after the same amount of time?.

That is a valid point. Are we jumping out of the kettle and into the fire? The thing is, there really isn't much choice. Even now, life is becoming much more expensive because of the environmental impacts of climate change. Just ask those in the recently flooded areas in NSW who can't get insurance for their properties anymore.

On that note, how have you faired? And Hank? I hear there are plans to move your whole town to higher ground 😲

50 minutes ago, danny_galaga said:

That is a valid point. Are we jumping out of the kettle and into the fire? The thing is, there really isn't much choice. Even now, life is becoming much more expensive because of the environmental impacts of climate change. Just ask those in the recently flooded areas in NSW who can't get insurance for their properties anymore.

On that note, how have you faired? And Hank? I hear there are plans to move your whole town to higher ground 😲

Like that is not only half the story, Floods can be caused by a number of things all of which are not just Co2 emissions...Al gore himself even lives by the sea, must not be too much of a problem...But way to go on cherry picking your information, Guess it is just true if you just keep on saying it OVER, and OVER and OVER.

Screenshot_20221122-074258_Gallery.jpg

Edited by CandyLand
  • Sad 1

"That's a valid  point" like you even considered what Steve said yet In the same breath you were launching off yet again about cause and effect, Maybe actually try listening once, you may find you will learn something, But anyway you are officially on ignore...Hope you choke on your bet.

Edited by CandyLand
  • Haha 2

On 21/11/2022 at 12:21 PM, CandyLand said:

Do you think I am stupid, Of course he is going to say that ...They got caught falsifying data,

So here's a great example. I am going to show why this is a logical fallacy. Or at least why it is totally irrelevant. To refresh, Phil Jones was accused of falsifying data. A claim that has been totally debunked now. He says so and Candy Man says 'of course he is going to say that' . So let's keep the logic of his statement correct by imaging Phil Jones was accused of something else.

Let's imagine instead Phil Jones was accused of being a witch. He denies it and Candy Man says 'of course he is going to say that'.

The crux (not crutch) of the statement is still the same.

But watch as Candy Man comes back with a 'yeah but' even though what I've just pointed out is totally correct and Canny Man's point is clearly invalid.

Edited by danny_galaga
  • Like 1

I also am not sure if Candy Man is just funning me or not. He accuses me of cherry picking information but keeps posting random things from all over the place. Two of the last three screen grabs totally supports man made climate change but he is either too much in a rush to notice or is just testing to see if I'd notice. I'm hoping it's the latter. It fits with me theory of Flat Earth believers- I don't think anyone in the world believes the earth is flat, it's just histories biggest group troll!

My definition of cherry picking is to grab random things from all over to try to prove a point. Candy Crush's cherry picked data ranges from screen grabs that actually from people debunking climate deniers nonsense to pictures of crying homeless children to Al Gore's house. I'm not sure what your point is anymore Candy.

Wherever I show data about the climate etc I try and use only quality scientific sources. Nothing from tinfoil hat.com .

But since this thread is about a bet about the availability of ICE cars in Australia in 2031 it's all irrelevant.

PS: I don't like Al Gore either.  Whether I like him or not doesnt refute science.

Edited by danny_galaga
  • Like 1

I think she's trolling you @danny_galaga Even Murdoch, who after years of casting doubt on climate change and attacking politicians who favored action, has done a complete 180 and now embraces the need for urgent climate action

Edited by peely
  • Like 1

What?, A dancing football thing? That is literally the dumpster fire of your incoherent babble...The point is I already told you I was A girl, but aparently you don't read anything, just post crap you think will further your agenda...Go ahead prove me wrong, on any of it, aparently all you guys have is some comedian who changed his mind...Weak argument girls.

Edited by CandyLand