IGNORED

NRI G13.0004 accepts all coins but no credit for $1coin

chaos199

Question

I have an old NRI G13.0004/2 that I left in my Judge Dreed coin box. No problem with that but on Xmas day I found the skylight cover in my garage blew off 3 weeks earlier without knowing and when I went in mancave to play pinball found the coin box full of water - then looked up to see the roof part missing and checked weather report to find that 55mm of rain fell during last 3 weeks which amounts to about 7 litres of water poured down on my pinball with the size of roof missing. Anyway getting to the point apart from the water damaged the the floor of my pinball that's sagging, the coin mech does partly work. All the coins still go thru the accepted slot and all register with credit (when I check the switch test on pinball) - except the $1 coin doesn't give a credit even though it goes thru accepted slot. I put the coin mech in a Indiana jones (williams) but it made no difference which eliminated the issue being related to anything other then the coin mech. I then swapped over the main programmed IC in it and still it made no difference, so I am just assuming it doesn't need to be reprogramed since the chip still works in my other NRI G13 coin mech. I then checked over the coin mech and cleaned the inside where the coin runs through the 3 coils. It still made no difference. I then checked the 6 dipswitch settings and it is still set exactly how it should be. If I move switch 4 ($1) to on to block, it falls thru the reject like it should do and when switched to off, it accepts like it should but still gives no credit. It seems like a hardware issue due to soaking in an inch of rain water left in coin box for maybe 2 weeks and hope someone has any ideas on who to fix the problem. Keep in mind all the coins still go thru the accepted slot (even $1) but only $1 coin is not credited. It's weird but there must be a logical explanation as to the cause. It wasn't such a merry Xmas day for me.

11908638_g13b-480x640.jpg.9c3f42d9809e514274bbd1da4ff8342a.jpg

967630794_g13a-480x640.jpg.0a55e81dbeeb97b5db0e1f35523c5ec0.jpg

Edited by chaos199

6 answers to this question

I've experienced $1 coins vary too much. I have had $1 coins to wide for the pool table slot & I weighed some out of curiosity to discover very few weigh the same. So many $1 coins out in circulation with different faces now so it's no wonder your getting rejection issues. :unsure

Did it ever credit $1 coins properly? It may be worth playing around with the pricing adjustment settings and making sure the coin slot associated with $1 is properly set. Does changing the pricing table give you different results?

Yes it use to work. I think it was likely something due to being left in the coin box when my pinball had 70L of rain poor into the front end and in coin box when the roof sheet tore off. The G13 mech is an old one and not the "as quite as old" G13.6 that had inbuilt credit board. I have owned about 10 G13 mechs like these over the past 20 years in different game and can assure the switch is in correct position and also works (it was one of the first things i checked). All the 6 dip blocking switches work properly in off and on position (off-accept/ on-reject) - problem is it just doesn't give a credit to any $1coin. Maybe I should be asking what could the water effect on mech that is not used with any other coin (eg: the 3 coils in each side of door maybe can't be the fault if they work fine with $2 and 20cent coins. It must be a part that assigns a credit to the $1 coin in particular and I thought that was the main IC in it but I swapped them over and it had no effect like when I swapped the coin mech with another G13, the problem carried with the mech that was flooded in the coin box. It's only a $100 used part but I like to use problem solving efforts to fix things when I instead should be like everyone else and just stick to playing and enjoying the dame game.

Much appreciate any further tips/advice.