Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Alien by Pinball Brothers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly so Dag!

Mine had 4 cables to LED boards unplugged.  Left Flipper connector unplugged, with a wired pin pulled out, Left flipper not tightened so dropped after a few games.  Left sling shot was a bit jammy and getting stuck.

Luckily we all kinda have the know how to fix this, however if i was joe average from the street, it would be quite disheartning.

But overall im enjoying it, though my best score is only 55 mil so far!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, namastepat said:

Bloody hell, that is absolutely atrocious quality control. I love the pin, played Kurt's and really enjoyed it. But when paying what, like 12k-13k for a pin, you'd want it to arrive at your door in a playable state.

16.5k delivered

• Sad 1

16.5k Fair dinkum thats  a fair whack of the folding to fork out for a machine  that you would expect being a brand new pin you should be able to assemble out of the box  plug in switch on and play ive never had a new a pin n would find it extremely disheartning if i ever did buy a new pin only to find that i couldnt  just play it straight up without having to fanny about with it first especially when if like me anything to techo is a struggle to understand these days

Edited by The Big Easy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thegrunta666 said:

Big shout out to @Ballypinballfor fixing me up with the Xenomorphic Beauty 😁 Hours of Acid Splashing Joy in the Mancave tonight ! IMG_4830.thumb.jpg.7c70dc7fa552349d7bb1b4303c7b6055.jpg

Congratulations. It’s a good game with a lot of potential. Hopefully you have more luck than me. Mine is full of gremlins. Now that I finally got it working I have no airlock display and the main display is out nearly every time I switch it on and I have to keep power cycling until that works. 
Not sure how much I’m missing with the airlock out but I’m guessing there’s a bit of information on there that would be very helpful. I’m using the weapons blind at the moment. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DAG said:

One in Brisbane although it took a lot to get it operational. A day and a half with cables broken etc...

A long PAINFULL wait once again...

Heard nothing of these issues at all, they seem pretty simple to troubleshoot, over 30 games went out and most Worked great out of the box?

whats the game number and do you have a support Ticket

On 13/05/2022 at 11:13 PM, Ballypinball said:

Heard nothing of these issues at all, they seem pretty simple to troubleshoot, over 30 games went out and most Worked great out of the box?

whats the game number and do you have a support Ticket

Seems to be a common thread here....

The machine in question is not mine. The owner however has had similar issues as mentioned above and probably more.

Extremely disappointing. I got burnt once and am unlikely to ever buy a NIB again..... I'd rather pass on the pain. I'd rather have a second hand machine that someone has already de-bugged and fixed. Just like an old SS machine.

Actually what we all would rather is a NIB that just works.........As designed..............And as promoted / sold???

I've never yet heard a NIB described as requires work but I've heard just as many Bad stories as good. Something wrong with the whole pinball sales model here IMO. That's an opinion I'm entitled to have before anyone bags me out. Some pinballers are good at that.

It's unfortunate that NIB games don't always work 100% out of the box from the manufacturer.  Although it's always been an issue, which AMD attempt to correct as much as possible by opening each box, setting up each game and testing them prior to being sent to the buyers.  Even this doesn't avoid every issue, as movement, vibration etc during transport can disrupt things.  Which is why other distributors for decades haven't bothered and provided a service department/phone support. 

Unfortunately, regardless of the cost and shift in the targeted customers, if you can't fault find or aren't willing to learn, perhaps reconsider your chosen hobby or interest, unless you are prepared to pay someone to fix them.  We all had to learn as we went over the years.  I can remember the first backbox I opened and looked inside, a Bally Powerplay, I had no idea how to work out what was wrong with it, let alone repair it. 

Reading repair books & manuals, asking questions, trial and error were the first steps back then.  Now there are guides and forums just like this one with many helpful members, even helpful YouTube videos.  This hobby or interest has come a long way from the days of buying a used game direct from an operator.  

• Like 3

I've had 4 brand new machines now (Alien, Iron Maiden, Avengers, Deadpool) and ALL of them had at least one or two minor things that needed slight repairing or adjusting. I would say that AMD really are fantastic at unpacking the game and checking it out for you, as they pick up anything that is majorly wrong before it gets to you, and the problems I've had with those are usually just switch adjustments (ie, some may need gapping a little). Those kind of things I totally expect in a new game.

That said, unfortunately Alien has had the glass off more than any other pin I've owned. BUT I think maybe I've traced most of the faults to a couple of bad connectors, and I really think they've just tried to secure the cabling waaaaaay too much - everything is so tight, it only takes a little bit of movement to put pressure on the the connectors, and they just get pulled out a little bit. I've used a bit of hot glue on 3 of the problematic ones, turned down the shaker (which is perhaps a little overly powerful),  and just created a little slack - and (touch wood) it's been 2 days with a heap of games played and no problems, and I'm trying my best to play the heck out of it and restart a few times each day to see if anything is re-occurring.

I would also say, wiring and connectors aside this is an absolutely brilliant game, perhaps one of the most engrossing I've ever played - and mechanically speaking it feels just rock solid. Also so far, PB support has been very responsive, and I certainly don't have any fears that issues won't get resolved. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have had zero issues with my Alien LV, Don't know if I have been lucky or not but touch wood everything working as it should straight out of the box and over 50 games now. In reading the above though, I have turned the shaker down and checked all cables. It has quickly become a favourite game and will be in the collection for a while!

Edited by wormdrummer
  • Like 1

On 15/05/2022 at 12:00 PM, Pinballer said:

Unfortunately, regardless of the cost and shift in the targeted customers, if you can't fault find or aren't willing to learn, perhaps reconsider your chosen hobby or interest, unless you are prepared to pay someone to fix them.  We all had to learn as we went over the years.  I can remember the first backbox I opened and looked inside, a Bally Powerplay, I had no idea how to work out what was wrong with it, let alone repair it. 

Reading repair books & manuals, asking questions, trial and error were the first steps back then.  Now there are guides and forums just like this one with many helpful members, even helpful YouTube videos.  This hobby or interest has come a long way from the days of buying a used game direct from an operator.  

I've heard this all before and it still amazes me that this attitude exists. How well can you fix your new car now. How well could you fix your first new car when you were young? Have you ever bought a new car that was a lemon and if so how did you feel?

Yes everybody starts somewhere. But this issue is about buying a new product that is not up to standard. Maybe if transit is a drama and cables are too tight then use an extra inch of wire and don't be so tight. As I've mentioned before. I'd rather pay extra for better components that are reliable than keep on fixing crap that should be right upon delivery???

And yes I'm happy to pay a tech to fix broken or worn out things but not to work on a NIB worth more than some new cars?

Let the shit fight begin....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DAG said:

I've heard this all before and it still amazes me that this attitude exists. How well can you fix your new car now. How well could you fix your first new car when you were young? Have you ever bought a new car that was a lemon and if so how did you feel?

Yes everybody starts somewhere. But this issue is about buying a new product that is not up to standard. Maybe if transit is a drama and cables are too tight then use an extra inch of wire and don't be so tight. As I've mentioned before. I'd rather pay extra for better components that are reliable than keep on fixing crap that should be right upon delivery???

And yes I'm happy to pay a tech to fix broken or worn out things but not to work on a NIB worth more than some new cars?

Let the shit fight begin....

Haha.  I can and have fixed numerous issues with both my car and my wife's car. Did I ever do it when either were brand new, no, one of us drove it back to the dealer and they rectified the issue/s.  I'm sure Wayne would rectify an issue if you returned the game to him.  Did someone from the Ford factory ever come out and fix my car?

You can have whatever expectation you like about buying a new pinball machine. Whether or not your expectations are ever realised or satisfied is a whole other matter for you to come to terms with.

Edited by Pinballer