Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Beware of BGresto

will986

Thought I should share this in case anyone is considering buying a backglass from BGresto.

I bought a backglass from them in May.

It took 4.5 months before they shipped it. Pretty poor even with covid happening.

When it arrived I could see it was scratched, lots of small scratches everywhere.

The glass is scratched underneath the inked side, but the ink is ok. So they must have used a scratched sheet of glass before they printed it. Dodgy!

Dunno how they missed it. I saw the issues immediately.

I complained and Stephen Azzam from BGresto responded...

"Sorry for the problem. I will get another glass shipped to you before the end of the week."

I asked what to do with the faulty glass...

"It’s yours to do with as you will (keep, destroy, wall hanger, sell locally as a second, etc.)"

Sounded all good, however after weeks of delays & excuses, I stopped getting responses from them, nothing since October.

Was 6 months since I paid for it, so went to PayPal to resolve & was offered a refund only if I return it at my expense ($$$ to USA) and I am liable if it breaks in transit.

So basically I have to fork out more money to get my money back.

I lose either way.

So from my experience BGresto ship dodgy backglasses & are plain dishonest.

Buyer beware.

• Like 1

Communication is not his best point and he does this part time. Although I usually have to wait 6 months and communication is poor, I have always been happy with his products when they finally arrive. He will ship another glass but when is the question...

I like your optimism, however I've sent numerous emails in the last 6 weeks & not had one reply. Nor did the PayPal dispute prompt a reply. Most would assume this is a lost cause.

pretty standard for stephen .. hes a straight up guy but almost slower than me at getting things done..

sending weekly emails will have just annoyed your job to the back of the queue. it will be a couple months at least.. probably 4-6.

Edited by wiredoug
  • Like 2

Sounds like he’s being fairly reasonable towards your grievances. Buyers normally pay return shipping..Just ask for a part refund on the glass if you can live with the scratches.

Name and Shame but if you complain you get sent to the back of the line

Edited by hotty

pretty standard for stephen .. hes a straight up guy but almost slower than me at getting things done..

sending weekly emails will have just annoyed your job to the back of the queue. it will be a couple months at least.. probably 4-6.

I don't know Stephen, haven't bought anything before. Wasn't aware that poor communication was part of the process.

Last I heard from him in October & he said he was about to get another printed. I emailed a week later asking if it was done. Got nothing back & still haven't. Yes, I have sent a number of follow up emails, but what else should I do? I don't know what's going on. Maybe he has a very good reason, but I don't know that.

If you are implying he takes offence at being asked for an update, then raising this thread was definitely worthwhile. It least others will know what to expect. They either need to be very patient or give it a miss.

Sounds like he’s being fairly reasonable towards your grievances. Buyers normally pay return shipping

I agree about returns, but sending a backglass back to the US isn't cheap. It's all lost $$ to me. And when it's not my fault, seems wrong. Also risky if it breaks. My liability.

Just ask for a part refund on the glass if you can live with the scratches.

I did ask for a part refund via PayPal. I recognize the scratched bg does have some value. But my offer was rejected.

Unfortunately seems to be pretty standard operating procedure for BG :(

I managed a co-operative bulk order back in 2013 of 15 backglasses for various AA members and it took a fair bit of patience on everyones behalf before they finally landed in the owners hands.

By memory I started forming the list about mid 2013 and we finally got the glasses early 2014 - ish. I tried looking in my started topics for where I mentioned it but all I can find is my emails from all concerned and the titles wanted.

Yes communication isn't the best and some backglasses are close but no cigar BUT it is a valuable resource and he's only going to get busier as the games get older and more people involved in the hobby means more games that you wouldn't touch 10 years ago are having money spent on them.

Update....

Finally got a response from Stephen last night.

He explained that he's been experiencing printer issues which have taken time to sort out. He thought he'd explained that to me, but I wasn't aware.

Now I have a response & reason for the delay, I'm fine with that. Communication is a good thing!

He also believes he gave me a partial PayPal refund, but there's nothing in my account. But now he's responding I'm sure we can work it out.

• Like 6

• 1 year later...

here is my experience with BGRESTO.

- order my backglass on April 2022 via 2 emails rersponses within a few days.

- no further emails since then

- sent 2 emails 2 weeks ago - no reply

- lodged a dispute with Paypal 1 week ago.

- within 2 days after that I got an email from UPS saying they have recieved it

- again no email from BGRESTO.

- the package was delivered  yesterday and I must say it is awesome and packed extremely well - very happy with backglass but not with the comms.

Just thought I would describe my experience with BGRESTO - would I buy  from them again - yes I would now that I know how they operate.

• Like 1