Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Official Williams and Bally software upgrades

Pinoffski

more updates / questions

A short comment to the post about ColorDMD. Of course the goal is to work seamlessly with ColorDMD.

I do not wish to speak for them or how robust their system is. But I will say this. I have both removed and changed text on the DMD in various games. And those particular DMD sequences have still been colourised correctly. One example of this is the right ramp "x ramp shot" advertisement in Creature where an incorrect Snack attack one is now removed.

Regarding the MikeD mod for Creature. A quick read up shows that it takes input from the lamp matrix. I will assume this is why it is acting different with rev. 5.0 now this is update to the "LED friendly" procedure 2.

I will be back later with an analysis of this and documentation for how it works now. And I have to say, that it should not be a problem to build devices that can interpret the lamp signals correnctly regardless if the game software is running procedure 1 or 2. So I hope my documentation will make it straight forward for somebody to update the MikeD mod to run stable on all games. If I have understood it correctly, the original designer of the mod has abandon the project. But it is now maintained by somebody else in the community.

PS. wiredoug, thank you.

Next Game :)

Theatre of Magic with different rule to the THEATRE objective. Basement awards in competition to help on modes and Midnight. 100% outlane ball save. No false Trunk error. And a bit more.

• Like 1

These licensed software upgrades is the best news for pinball enthusiasts and collectors, especially for the B/W die hards like myself. Soren must be doing this more as a labour of love, rather than being financially motivated, and for this he must be praised and embraced by the pinball community. As far as the Wayne bashing and rights involved, this thread highlights the best and worst aspects of pinball when business and the hobby worlds collide.
  • Like 2

Perhaps you should also reread the original thread? it doesnt say none of his roms will work on site. it says none of his work will be "home roms' ...

Fair enough, very confusing reply though. Begins with "No" as the answer to asking if we will get coin-op options though. Even the second part can read either way.

Q. " Does that mean we will get any updates and bug-fixes for coin-op, though ?"

A. "No. There is no plan to release anything with Free play only restriction."

I followed the pinside thread every post since the first page. I asked the question to try get clarification after Soren initial reply which was more about history of "home roms". The want for clarification kinda seems to have had opposite effect somehow. I took the "No" litterally when he actually didn't mean it by the seems. Lol

Thanks for fixing me up ... I thought there may have been a comma missing actually. Makes all the difference!

ab1c512d-6ef7-40c4-847d-52e816114c0c.jpeg.e0cacb0d2a8bdc333422dbcc7041a924.jpeg

you have to read it in "english is my fourth language" then it makes more sense. wait ill clear it up for you on the proper thread.

Thanks @wiredoug

you are a good man :023:

My intention was to inform members that are not on the proper thread :) or any other forum

and update any info from the original op

• Like 1

Next week i will personally buy junkyard rom and cftbl for my own use. Ill be getting them from soren to support the artist.

Anyone IN MELBOURNE. who wants to go in on the shipment (buy from the artist and pickup from me in truganina) is welcome to contact me by PM or FB to arrange.

please dont clutter the thread about it, (pm or fb or sms only). please dont ask me to copy a fake for you as a lockbar to the back of the head often offends. support the artist.

• Like 4

• 10 months later...

updated second post with the new roms avaliable

New software updates for Mousin Around and Theatre Of Magic.

--
Mousin' Around!
Revision 5.0

--
Theatre Of Magic
Revision 2.0
12 October 2021

First of all, the new version runs with the rev 1.3X security chip.

Tiger saw is same output. So fully compatible.

It runs with the Trunk board installed. But the limited functionality of the board takes precedence. Meaning the Trunk not registering while rotating.

The rev. 2.0 runs with the original security chip. For those who have upgraded to 1.4H and who have since lost the original security chip, they will have to source a new one before the game will run with this new version.

I cannot speak for the specifics of a mod that someone has made back in the day. But the rev. 2.0 Tiger saw motor control is using the same outputs (connector/pin) as the Williams 1.4H version. Which leads me to believe that it should be compatilble with excisting upgrades.

• 4 months later...

Presents Demolition Man upgrade...

Demolition Man
Revision 7.0

Summary

Claw awards can be configured to not allow re-picks of awards.
Computer mystery awards can be set to run in a fixed pattern rather than randomised.
Upgraded lamp procedure.

Improvements

No repeat selection of the superior Quick freeze award.
Highly strategic play for Computer awards.
Better suitable for competition play.
Supports LED lamps.

Release note

In addition, a Vulgar Speech version derivered from the rev. Home-6. With coin play enabled as the only additional change.

Release note (Vulgar Speech)

Please note that Demolition Man come in two version to fit on the sound software installed on the game. Be sure to order the version that matches what is installed in your game. The installed one is easily identifiable. Standard sound (LX-4) is seven ROM chips. Vulgar Speech (Home-6) is eight ROM chips.

Please order from one of the distributers listed on the first post.

To clarify.

There is no update to the sound ROMs. But as there are two versions of sound software, as there are two versions of game software, LX-4 and Home-6, it is a matter of matching this when upgrading. So...

If upgrading from LX-4, please ask for "Demolition Man rev. 7.0". The standard sound version.

If upgrading from Home-6, please ask for "Demolition Man (Vulgar Speech) rev. 7.0".

If upgrading from LX-4, but wanting the vulgar speech version, please ask for "Demolition Man (Vulgar Speech) rev. 7.0" WITH the associated sound ROMs as well. Expect this to be at a considerably higher cost. Nine ROM chips in total.

Edited by Pinoffski
  • Like 1