Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 16 - Game 9 ~ Scorpion - Closed

I might give that a try post comp, or just never play it again 😂

I’m working on a mod to stop the ball draining so easily and roll better on the table. I’ve opened up the lock lanes brought the targets forward which are crucial to getting the game to work. I also adjusted the bottom field flipper start angle which is unnecessarily steep. At least with this mod I can identify which shots to take with less risk. I really like the game play now I can set up 5x bonus which carries over to other balls. I’d be interested in making it available on google drive to see what people think. The table dimensions and position also have an impact on how the ball drains and opening up shots. Of course I do not use modded games in the comp. my goal is to learn games and if possible have games that work well.

• Like 3

I’m working on a mod to stop the ball draining so easily and roll better on the table. I’ve opened up the lock lanes brought the targets forward which are crucial to getting the game to work. I also adjusted the bottom field flipper start angle which is unnecessarily steep. At least with this mod I can identify which shots to take with less risk. I really like the game play now I can set up 5x bonus which carries over to other balls. I’d be interested in making it available on google drive to see what people think. The table dimensions and position also have an impact on how the ball drains and opening up shots. Of course I do not use modded games in the comp. my goal is to learn games and if possible have games that work well.

Sounds like you're all over it, I'd be keen to give it a crack. Have you checked what the author stated re mods? You could release or at least give back to the author to have the fixes incorporated, then it would be viable for a future comp :)

We have also fixed tables in previous comps that where not playable without a fix, it just needs to be early enough for everyone to get it, install and play.

• Like 1

Sounds like you're all over it, I'd be keen to give it a crack. Have you checked what the author stated re mods? You could release or at least give back to the author to have the fixes incorporated, then it would be viable for a future comp :)

We have also fixed tables in previous comps that where not playable without a fix, it just needs to be early enough for everyone to get it, install and play.

Just tidying up some graphics Wob and I’ll post a link later on. I’d like some feedback on how it plays and looks on different cabs and if it’s worthwhile putting in more work to tidy up the table graphics further. Ill cross the bridge on Authorisation and loading for future use if we think it’s worthwhile. Its a great game and after struggling for two weeks I thought it would be nice for our forum to be able to make shots and get the game to work. Lots of left and right flipper and dead ball work is needed and it’s no where near as difficult as Paragon. It takes me a while to work out these games because I’ve played very few mechanical machines and I’ve only been to one pinball arcade since I was a kid. I’ll get quicker. I also fixed the Taxi carry over passenger script and table povs to open up that shot. I’ll make that available as it takes that game to a whole new level. Cheers mate.

• Like 2

This a screenshot of the scorpian update. I’ll put the the link to the updated game in the next post. You get 30 days from google drive before it’s flicked

I tidied up some of the graphics because I like the game. It plays well on my cab in this configuration. The 30000 top field bonus light and 5x bonus light don’t light up in attract mode. I haven’t looked into this. Anyway enjoy the locks and flipper control. Let me know how it works on your machine if you download it. Of course this game is not be used in this comp. :cool:

F009DF03-7155-4FBF-95E4-07BDC45498BF.thumb.jpeg.ff378464a71f51eedd02a76d3ac78c1d.jpeg

Ok. This is the link to the Scorpian VPX table. Rename it to match your backglass.or copy a new back glass and rename it.Anyway please let me know how it goes on your machine if you download it. I'm very interested how the game translates to the different types of setups.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11qNndMQHxk0WVAEKzobG_P0It7tKS9dc/view?usp=sharing

• Like 3

Congratulations to PPLBob who persevered and got the win on this game. His first game win in VPGL and making it 7 different game winners from 9 games in VPGL 16. A great effort from Kane close behind in 2nd place and RusstyT takes his place on the podium again. A big score from mozzie1 sees him up with the big guns in this game.

game9.PNG.2b1e07977cd1f65c10aeb87d93a6ce0f.PNG

And the winner, or VPGL 16 is.... drum roll please..... :fryingpan: err... close enough.... Congratulations to kane for taking our this competition. Well done Wob taking 2nd place and a big effort from PPLBob sees him on the podium in 3rd place for the competition.

avgpl16.thumb.PNG.148cf6b3df45f5c4e400d88cc256c7c0.PNG

This brings us to the overall winner and undisputed champion of VPGL 2020.

Congratulations Wob for taking out the overall competition for the year. 2 competition wins and 2 second places give you the win with kane taking 2nd place with a win, a second place and two thirds.

With a total of 29 players this year, this competition has been tough and a whole lot of fun. Thanks to everyone for competing and for making this competition what it is.

Wob gets to take home the VPGL 2020 Cup (Coffee Cup that is, or can be replaced with a Stubby Holder if preferred).

all.PNG.c25707a7a56e6bbf0e7cd29396218fbc.PNG

Edited by JustAnotherRat
Corrected score for Mrs Mozz
  • Like 5

Thanks so much for the comp we both enjoyed it very much... looking forward to the next it was great to play tables that you would not normally play or had never heard off (loved those cockroaches)...not that it’s going to make any difference you missed Mrs Moz -Elise- score on scorpion..... I’m loving the banter with my wife she sends me pics and text when she’s betting me re:that Mars attack :(:sleep
  • Like 1

Thanks so much for the comp we both enjoyed it very much... looking forward to the next it was great to play tables that you would not normally play or had never heard off (loved those cockroaches)...not that it’s going to make any difference you missed Mrs Moz -Elise- score on scorpion..... I’m loving the banter with my wife she sends me pics and text when she’s betting me re:that Mars attack :(:sleep
Glad you enjoyed it.

I'll fix up the score I've missed.

Top effort Just Another Rat. So much work for our enjoyment. You get a gold star mate. Congratulations Wob, Kane and PPLBob for the podium. Stars all round there but only one super jackpot coffee cup.✌� Thanks to us non-podium flippers for making these guys look good:lolso much fun. I enjoyed your thoughts tips and odd banter. It helps when learning these games. Looking forward to the next one and keen for any feed back on the scorpion table mod. Warts and all. Found out last night why the right lane didn’t flow right. There was a post in it. :confused:I’ll put a new link for that table fix. The table plays much faster with that fix.

Cheers

• Like 4

Congrats to all that played in the 2 tourneys this year, there was some great competition, thoroughly enjoyed competing against all of you guys. Well done Wob on taking out the year. too consistant mate.

Big thanks to JAR for running the comp. the time you put into this is very much appreciated.

looking forward to next years comp, hopefully our numbers keep increaseing and we get some of the newer tables that have been released. as well as giving some of the originals out there.

:038::038::038::038:

• Like 3

Congrats to Wob, Kane & JAR for their podium finishes and thanks to everyone for playing this year - Lots of fun!

A special thanks to JAR for all his hard work in making this so much fun for all of us.

Looking forward to getting back on the horse next year.

• Like 3

For those who would like to play scorpion without super vacuum out-lanes and a post in the right lane to top field.

Other Fixes include,

Play-field physics adjustments. Reduced play-field friction to to 0.03, Elasticity to 0.02 and elasticity falloff to 0.01. The out-lane rubber characteristics have also been modified to to make them less bouncy.

Made left lock more open and put in a metal wall to replace the rubber bouncy wall. (No wonder it was so hard to make)

Made right lock more open and adjusted so the ball didn't bounce and go to drain

Fixed the right lane to top so it zips up there and adjusted for an incomplete shot so it doesn't center drain

Adjusted the flipper start angle to 120 degrees

Redid the bonus light graphics and some play-field graphics.

Adjusted the POVs so ridiculous drains don't occur.

Positioned jet bumpers to match table cutouts.

Moved the left and right lane bullseye targets forward to reduce draining. You can actually aim for these now or accidentally hit them and the risk of draining is greatly reduced.

I couldn't fix the problems with some attract lights not working. The attract mode is not part of the VPX script.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11MG...ew?usp=sharing

Edited by RusstyT
  • Like 4