Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 16 - Game 6 ~ Paragon - Closed

You need at least 20k bonus lite first ball as it’s a carry on point for the rest of game..

5x bonus is the go get that every ball and the scores go up heaps..

left side ball catcher advances 2k each drop I try to load it all up heaps of points there bugger paragon side it only lites specs and we don’t pay for games anyway 😀�

just some of my tips

• Like 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found with this table that if you dont get a decent score with the first ball, then the rest of the game isnt worth playing. I always struggle with the older tables, and this one is no different.

Well I usually think that till the 700+k score I put up - I had a little over 50k at the start of ball 3. Usually when I play 4 player games, if none of the scores are over 100k after the first ball, I start over. I had stopped doing the 4 player thing but now I'm back to doing it..... I seem to score better than playing one at a time.

Dumb question..... Is changing the pull speed of the plunger considered a "modification"? That is one area where you guys with cabs have a huge advantage over us outcast desktop users (lol). This particular Paragon table won't let me change it for some reason - it's the only table that I've ever came across that wouldn't let me modify it.

To be honest, I only added a plunger in my cab very recently, I always just timed it with a launch button. If it was one that I couldn't time, then I just accepted that it was how it was and I had to play harder. For some games it makes a big difference, for others, not so much.

With that said, I don't personally mind if you adjust it, the problem with a blanket comment like that though is if someone interprets it as being able to adjust it so they get a skill shot every time. Arguing with myself a bit, I personally only play games for the enjoyment so couldn't' be bothered tweaking unless it's really required but if tweaking the plunger makes it more enjoyable, why not do it???

This competition has always been (for me) about enjoying VP. I was driven to win for a while but wasn't enjoying it as much. The fact I am more about enjoyment than I am the competition is probably a good reason for someone to take over and run the competitions in the future. I did ask if anyone was interested in taking another thread but I don't think it's been seen.

• Like 3

No need to drop out of the competition. Changing POV is acceptable as far as I'm concerned. Things get a bit more tricky when you start changing physics but no need to stop playing because of it. I just want everyone to enjoy the competition.

Oh Cheers. I’m not sure how the competition sits with ball jams. In my BigHit table I modified the outline ramp wires to stop the ball jamming in the corner and adjusted the inlane wire and wall to stop the ball jumping it. I’m happy to accept zero points for that game if it is regarded as unfair.

Thanks

Oh Cheers. I’m not sure how the competition sits with ball jams. In my BigHit table I modified the outline ramp wires to stop the ball jamming in the corner and adjusted the inlane wire and wall to stop the ball jumping it. I’m happy to accept zero points for that game if it is regarded as unfair.

Thanks

Sometimes a tweak is needed. In some cases, what we've done previously is shared the tweaked version so everyone has the opportunity to play problem free.

From a VPGL perspective, if there are problems, share them and see if others are having them. If the game is "broken" we might choose to fix it for all or change the title or choose another option.

This competition has always been (for me) about enjoying VP. I was driven to win for a while but wasn't enjoying it as much. The fact I am more about enjoyment than I am the competition is probably a good reason for someone to take over and run the competitions in the future. I did ask if anyone was interested in taking another thread but I don't think it's been seen.

For me, this comp is about forcing me to stick with a table and appreciate it, learning the rules and trying to get a decent score and compare it to what other guys put up. yeah i whinge and moan about EM tables :cry, but i still enjoy playing them. We have all said it in the past, this comp is not about sheep stations, but about having a good competitive crack at the tables we nominate. The seasons that i have played in have exposed me to a lot of different tables that i wouldn't prob play more than 2 or 3 times .

I also enjoy the tips that the guys are giving out as well.

• Like 3

Speaking of tips..... Here's what I do - your actual mileage may vary:

On the first ball I usually try to get to the 20k super bonus (which means that it will be held over the remainder of the game).

Since my games usually involve the ball ending up on the lower left flipper most of the time - I shoot the ball up through the waterfall area in hopes of it going up and around to the golden shower scoop (yes I know it isn't called that - one of the PAPA techs I was playing against in league one night called it that and it just kind of stuck in my sick mind) or it may come back over to the Paragon scoop - either way you get decent points or a bonus advance. Most of the time it will rattle around and fall down the waterfall lane which also gives bonus advance and points and ends back on the left flipper allowing you to get it trapped to take another shot. Dead bouncing off the left flipper from the waterfall is pretty much certain death for some reason on the 2 versions that I play. You can dead bounce off the right flippers all day long but something isn't right about it bouncing off the left flipper.

Once I achieve the 20k super bonus I will try to get the bonus multipliers if I happen to get a shot from the right flipper (usually the upper one - its pretty easy to get a ball trapped on the upper one). Pretty much the only thing I use the lower right flipper for is for dead bouncing to the left flipper or redirecting the ball over to the left flipper. Once you have the 20k super bonus, it's pretty easy to bump it up to 30 and 40k.

One byproduct of shooting for the waterfall is the chance that you will brick the shot and knock a few of the drop targets down. Get all 4 down for 10 - 15 - 20 - 25k. I usually wind up getting into the 20 or 25k range due to my poor shooting - I never really aim for them, otherwise I would just go up through the waterfall.

When shooting for the bonus x drops, hold the left flipper up as the ball is coming back down to try to redirect it to the right flipper - I usually let it dead bounce off the right flipper over to the left - I've tried taking another shot when it hits the right flipper but I usually wind up in deep crap doing that.

Basically I try to trap the ball as much as possible so that I can aim my shots - since I started doing that, the ball rarely goes anywhere near the right in/out lanes unless I really screw something up. Once in a while the spinner shot from the upper right flipper will rainbow over to the outlane.

That's my 2 cents worth......

• Like 2

I had a go last night, no idea what I was doing, got 500k on the first ball and proceeded to add nothing.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try again with them in mind.

Does EB pay, I'm sure I had it lot last night but it didn't pay, is there a trick to it?

Regards mods, I don't touch physics or table incline, only POV (including camera zoom). Only times I've ever played with physics have ended up a mess Soni leave that to people in the know. I'm with JAR, unless you are changing gameplay dramatically I'm all good with it, simple fixes are cool, but maybe sharing so others can enjoy the fix :)

804bac2f31b8a1efce0c9b7f31d6ed01.jpg

• Like 2

For me, this comp is about forcing me to stick with a table and appreciate it, learning the rules and trying to get a decent score and compare it to what other guys put up. yeah i whinge and moan about EM tables :cry, but i still enjoy playing them. We have all said it in the past, this comp is not about sheep stations, but about having a good competitive crack at the tables we nominate. The seasons that i have played in have exposed me to a lot of different tables that i wouldn't prob play more than 2 or 3 times .

I also enjoy the tips that the guys are giving out as well. [/quote

Hit em up enjoy mate.

Edited by RusstyT

Mrs Moz at it again 246,250

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2172867}[/ATTACH]

Hi JAR here is Mrs Moz score I think she might do better ....this game gets her real frustrated and I love it...

• Like 1

454770. The coin button is getting a work out. I had 300k at the end of a second ball and pushed the coin button. My favourite button for this game. :blink: :sleep

2205374A-A4EE-4117-92CE-C37F37C120C0.thumb.jpeg.b99b64e7bd3ee461e98b240c5e707e70.jpeg

Edited by RusstyT
  • Like 2