Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

WPC.VBS error

Yogo

Question

8 answers to this question

Yet ANOTHER reason to keep running with Win7.........

I couldn't run Windows 7 as I was having the at91jit problem meaning I couldn't run 9some) colour ROMs.

It was either reinstall Windows 7 and hope the problem went away, or install Windows 10. Only Windows 7 people were complaining of the issue and there was no known fix other than to reinstall Windows 7 from scratch and cross the fingers that the problem wouldn't come back or go to Windows 10. I know one person tried to replicate the fault so they could come up with a solution but it never worked out.

As for ANOTHER reason, I'm curious to know what other reasons you have. I don't have any problems with Windows 10. I do have AV turned off though, but I did with Windows 7 as well.

• Like 1

This article does go into being able to disable it per session (so you'd have to disable it every boot). The GP method would have used the reg key which is now removed in this build. I haven't had an issue with the current build so far but I haven't also been playing alot so I may have missed something not working.

https://www.ghacks.net/2020/08/20/microsoft-makes-it-difficult-to-disable-windows-defender-on-windows-10/

• Like 1

Yet ANOTHER reason to keep running with Win7.........

I’d heard about your Windows 7 fetish Chris. How’re Microsoft supposed to mint new mega billionaire execs if we don’t all blindly upgrade to the latest OS though? Won’t somebody think of the Microsoft execs!!! giphy.gif?cid=35e4938dkjfw955j7xny69fenwzfbcs0v94xrar0u6x7abwn&rid=giphy.gif

This article does go into being able to disable it per session (so you'd have to disable it every boot). The GP method would have used the reg key which is now removed in this build. I haven't had an issue with the current build so far but I haven't also been playing alot so I may have missed something not working.

https://www.ghacks.net/2020/08/20/microsoft-makes-it-difficult-to-disable-windows-defender-on-windows-10/

In the comments they go on to talk about how the GPO method still works.