Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 16 - Double Flip (Rules for the competition)

Happy to chat about ideas here and perhaps we'll have have a poll to decide what we do.

The logic behind having multiple games going is that when we had just one and the game wasn't well liked, it seemed that people lost interest in the competition, or forgot about it. It also gives players the opportunity to move to another game when one frustrates them but this competition as far as I'm concerned about what the players want so things can change if needed.

• Like 2

Jar, I can’t recall if competitors test the virtual tables they nominate. Unnecessary ball hang ups and vacuum cleaner side lanes are probably the worst. There was a better version of Scorpion (Bigus mod 1.0) big hit had side lane jams and lane over runs. Paragon was without a doubt the hardest machine I’ve ever played but also the one I learnt the most from. I liked having the difficult and more fun tables together. It opens up the competition more. I’d be ok with 6 games in a tournament but I didn’t mind the 9 in the last VP16. Everyone will have different time commitments and what they want to take out of tournament.

Happy to chat about ideas here and perhaps we'll have have a poll to decide what we do.

The logic behind having multiple games going is that when we had just one and the game wasn't well liked, it seemed that people lost interest in the competition, or forgot about it. It also gives players the opportunity to move to another game when one frustrates them but this competition as far as I'm concerned about what the players want so things can change if needed.

How's this

2 a fortnight

Both start and end same time

You just maintain scores for one game, someone else maintains the other game, you only need to summarise at the end.

That would give variety to them player and ease of managing for you ?

• Like 1

Speaking from the I got too much time on my hands side of things.....

I liked the 2 games per week thing since it did allow me to switch to the other table when I got tired of the other one like JAR said. Quite a few times I got to the point that I was done playing them by Thursday or Friday and I was wishing I could move onto the next batch. I think having an EM or SS along with a DMD game is a wise choice when having 2 at a time.

Ball hang-ups are annoying but I didn't have too many games where it happened (the roach holding the ball was my favorite one that I had). The scorpion side lanes were pretty bad and I ended up adjusting my strategy to try to avoid it but I don't think I would have chosen it to be nominated even though I'm used to PAPA opening up the outlanes on their pins.

Can't wait till the next one......

• Like 1

Great feedback guys. No great rush to get an answer so we can all think about it :)

I always try to have an EM and DMD start at the beginning of the comp as they are sort of opposite ends and each has their fans. The SS games seem to be where fans of the other two can meet in the middle. The plan is to not have 2 x any type of the same table going at once to ensure variety at any given time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi JAR and all other comp players ...

hope the new year has been good to all

just asking the question is the comp going to go ahead this year as the last was the first for us and we had a blast playing in it..

mozzie and Mrs Moz

Hey there Mozzie and Mrs Moz....thanks for the nudge.

I have been thinking about this but just haven't had time to plan it... not that it takes much I just have a fair bit going on. I do think that it would be good to get the competition going again and soon. I'd like to do as I did last year, and have 4 comps in the year keeping an overall scoreboard as well as each individual one and others have offered to help already so I (or someone) should make this happen.

I still have a lot planned for the next couple of days so maybe after that I'll get a small break and get myself organised.

• Like 5