Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

help with a song please

Rich

I've spent a couple of hours typing the words I know into various lyric searches but nothing.

My wife said i was a little obsessed......understatement.

Came across and old tape I had recorded stuff on from way back, bits of this this n' that, but there's one on there I can't get any results on.

If there's a multitude of knowledge, it's here on AA.

So, it's a heavy song, not complete, and the following are some of the lyrics

sleeping, waiting, just keep away,

I'm going out of my mind,

keep a finger on the trigger,

it's just a matter of time,

I'm going out of my mind,

the advice to take is just keep away.

that's all I've I got, and I'd like to know the artist and hear the song in it's entirety.

hoping someone here reads this and 'bang' says "I know that song".

Cheers!

Edited by Rich

Guessing around 1995-2000, male voice, got a flow to it I like and the guitaring is awesome, if it is guitar, could be synthesiser?

The singing isn't super fast and easy to understand so not thrash metal but, metal/rock at a guess.

sleeping and waiting are dragged out, like sleeeeeping, waaaaaaiting, then it gets faster.

I saw apps I could download to help but didn't have any faith as the time I had spent searching came up with nothing.

Have you tried asking Siri "who's playing?" if you have an iphone, or using one of the online tools like Shazam. I've never found a track they couldn't identify, even if the recording isnt that good. It only needs a few seconds.

Have you tried asking Siri "who's playing?" if you have an iphone, or using one of the online tools like Shazam. I've never found a track they couldn't identify, even if the recording isnt that good. It only needs a few seconds.

I did see that suggestion yesterday and yes have an iphone......but only use it for calls, messages and pics.

I'll ask my wife when she gets home from work to try.

Just looked at Shazam, sounds like it may work.

Again, will wait for the mrs.

and yes I get why have an iphone and not use it for what it does in this day and age?.......it's just me.

off topic, but think I'm opposed to 'change', but it's part off life and I'm changing everyday, just noticing it later.

• Like 1

Unless you have Siri disabled, you just say "Hey Siri" to your phone. If it pops up just say "Who's playing", and have the tune playing nearby loud enough. Ten seconds is usually all it takes for it to come back with an answer. I use it all the time when driving and want to ID a track playing on the radio.

• Like 1

See now you need to upload so we can all hear it and go nuts trying to identify it ;)

Brad

I used Voice Memos on my phone and recorded the song so i could then use my wife's phone with the apps on to try and sort it out.

Can I upload an audio file?

Can you record it on to a file and save it to playback on google drive for people to listen to?

I might be able to, after learning how to record it onto a file, then leaning how to save it, then finding out what Goggle Drive is? :blink:

update....it's on my iphone as a file, but what is common knowledge for most, I have no idea what to do next :redface

Okay, so I can upload a zip file here on AA that has the song in it.....will this work?

I've tried Google cloud and it won't open an amr file unless, well this is where I got stuck, came up failed

I have a feeling it will upload a pic of the file and that's it

• 1 month later...