Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

NBA Maximum Hangtime eprom revision update question (Fixed)

Grimlock

Question

Hi all,

I have an NBA MH and the revision is 1.0 and I would like to update to 1.03 which had updated rosters between 96 to 97.

I have eprom eraser and programmer to do it, but I'm not sure which eproms I update on the board to get to 1.03.

Is it like the nba jam T.e which you only swap out or burn the 2 eprom chips?.

Hope someone can chime in and help

UPDATE: It is indeed exactly like swapping the NBA JAM T.E rom chips, all I had to do is find the 1.03 ver and update the X2 Eproms.

Works like a charm :cool:

Edited by Grimlock

5 answers to this question

It may be worth comparing your read roms against the V1.0 Mame roms first just to make sure everything checks out.

Also, if your roms don't have covers (or even if they do) you could erase/rewrite in case any are close to bit rot failure.

eg. My Mortal Kombat failed due to eprom bit rot. The eprom itself was fine, Just the data was incorrect (rom check failure on boot).

After erasing and reprogramming it with the Mame rom dump it was fine again.

Thank you very much ozfalcon,

I have narrowed the chips down to just updating the U54 & the U63, romident says that all other 18 chips are the same between 1.0 and 1.03.

So this is very similar to the NBA JAM T.E x2 chips that you change as well as mine where 3.0 and needed to be 2.0 for MK Characters.

Futher erasing and burning these chips over the weekend will concur if I am right :cool:

G'day Grimlock just came across your thread mate, I'm looking at doing the 3.0 down to 2.0 on my TE but little stuck on the process, I'm needing some advice on understanding the mame rom files. After having a read around UG12 and UJ12 need replacing, s when burning these guys do I just use one of the binary files from the mame folder (there's two of each file in the nbajamte.zip I download), or not sure if appropriate but join those two bad boys and burn as one rom, think its called interleaved roms?

Mate little lost if you could stear us in the right direction it would be much appreciated @Grimlock

Cheers YB