Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PG Pinball anyone heard of them?

I posted on a few forums that I was in the market for a munsters pinball

Pgpinballs contacted me said they had one that it was a collectors item and had less than 3hrs play time

they sent loverly shop pictures and a fancy invoice today luckily I did a bit of homework and found out they were scammers from posts from Aussie acarde members

b05ef62f6590f90c5ba88bf748eb54ae.thumb.png.1fbf4fc69e01c6500ed8d5c22dcc998a.png

6a27779471700dd7f860f985c5e03100.thumb.png.00512f2d4ee40d8e2eea9a1f4194161e.png

4031d66eb8b286052f04012bee534bb4.thumb.png.3248e70376d180e70524b13f4358281f.png

1a0e2cf498e3cefda6ba74ca79ed2c93.thumb.png.86fce7b752f98c4adbca46daf9bf9dd0.png

dda23d1fd5e6ff1ef0ea2b227901f0d4.thumb.png.e0c8dbb3c7d0b974baa091165cb2e61c.png

4031d66eb8b286052f04012bee534bb4.thumb.png.88da94fd1b1d0f1a141e92ccc86d2a9c.png

• Like 2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pgpinballs contacted me said they had one that it was a collectors item and had less than 3hrs play time

they sent loverly shop pictures and a fancy invoice today luckily I did a bit of homework and found out they were scammers from posts from Aussie acarde members

at least you can claim the GST back?

Looks like Chattanooga pinball's showroom from the pictures they sent!

• Like 1

One of the registered business names is Pure Gaming Machines which would explain what the PG in PGPinball is?

They always use a domain similar to an actual business name so it's easy for them to make it look like it's the same business.

The first "ultpinballmachines" domain was using Ultimate Arcade Machines' ABN.

• Like 1

Hi all,

For info a few people have provided information as to names, locations, phone numbers used by these scammers.

I have not been able to find any clear avenues of investigation that would assist in identifying anyone in South Australia.

Obviously I can't discuss what I have checked or how I have done that.

I've rung the phone number and it rings out (no surprise there).

With these scams of reasonably high value, they are usually off shore, and information provided by a couple of members does suggest that.

Seems lower value scams run on Gumtree and the like are usually done by people in Australia.

We sadly see 20+ cybercrime reports for just South Australia every day, ranging from the puppy dog scam on Gumtree, up to the romance scams where people finally report it and admit they have been done for tens of thousands (or hundreds of thousands) over a period of time.

I can only encourage anyone who has been stung by these people to make an online cyber crime report via the below link. It may be that someone finally provides some info that will assist in identifying if the scammer(s) are in Australia or not (though I doubt it).

https://www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/report/are-you-a-victim-of-cybercrime

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Hi All

To answer some of these questions:

Yes, David Luu and the trading name Pure Gaming Machines does exist. It's me and I've been working with the police to track these guys down.

@furballx You probably already know by now - anyone can create an invoice from any program and send it out.

I do not deal with any "gaming machines" I'm an IT guy that works in cyber security and IT infrastructure and pure gaming machines was registered which was required to open up my wholesale account in 2001.

All these guys have done is steal my identity and plaster it on a website and used a public email address and not my own domain.

I found this site as I started receiving angry phone calls demanding their pinball machine which I do not sell.

The takeaways from the lesson here is if you trade with a @gmail, @ hotmail etc which many people do - My advice is do not trust them. The second is, if you can't speak to them or visit the store, don't bother. Thirdly, try and pay via paypal or some form of payment gateway so that your transactions are protected.

Today I received another victim's phone call (the first one I've spoken to actually). I am surprised that this scam is still going on.

Happy to rally information here as I want these guys to pay for my reputation damage.

I am subscribed to this thread.

Feel free to spam this thread everywhere. I am happy to answer questions.

Regards

David

• Like 1