IGNORED

question about family games and pandora box

polokus

Question

Hello,

I have a cabinet with the family games 3500 in 1 jamma in it.

how easy would it be to replace this one with the new pandora box jamma ?

could anyone help me out with this ?

thanks in advance

5 answers to this question

A few images of the wiring might help to be certain but I don’t think it is a straight swap.

Pandora boxes typically use Chamma wiring (Jamma standard with all 6 buttons from both players). I’m not sure about the family game system but pretty sure it has seperate power at least.

I have a similar issue, with a Games Family xxxx in 1 PC box that's died. I have a Pandora's box DX - but not sure how would i go about powering the Pandora's box seperately ?

i could drop in a seperate power supply, but i'd need to modify the wiring of the Jamma/Chamma harness that's already in the cab. Can anyone help me out on this ? i have no wiring diagrams for this cabinet/Games Family unit at all, so i'm going in a little blind.

On 15/07/2021 at 5:37 PM, Salazar said:

I have a similar issue, with a Games Family xxxx in 1 PC box that's died. I have a Pandora's box DX - but not sure how would i go about powering the Pandora's box seperately ?

i could drop in a seperate power supply, but i'd need to modify the wiring of the Jamma/Chamma harness that's already in the cab. Can anyone help me out on this ? i have no wiring diagrams for this cabinet/Games Family unit at all, so i'm going in a little blind.

Go to the official Pandora's Box page on Ali Express - https://pandorasbox.aliexpress.com/store/group/Pandora-Box-EX/937838_10000002659016.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.0.0.50b26650KtYT40 

You can get yourself the wiring harness you need and a 12v power supply.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 10:46 AM, spudly said:

Go to the official Pandora's Box page on Ali Express - https://pandorasbox.aliexpress.com/store/group/Pandora-Box-EX/937838_10000002659016.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.0.0.50b26650KtYT40

You can get yourself the wiring harness you need and a 12v power supply.

It's that simple. Thank you. An acquaintance of mine has the same problem on his Pandora's box DX. Apparently, I need to give him a gift in the form of such a solution 🙂

Edited by Pokitren