Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

C-13451 4 bank drop target bracket/stud assembly with snapped stud

ajfclark

Question

Some muppet (not me for once) snapped one of the coil stop studs off the drop target bracket on Dr Dude:

ACtC-3eEEVSuoyTNowwAjZ1ANT25xdZYGrE0XTWPCKvPkUHvgIOL3GqxR4DegyYOb82rUpxemURhdLFUpAZcBhqPoP7GfXBPu9IEzgW-tGuIwUzI1HQPG7oZPR1zTQGrVBrkIJw9F0B2oTMZsggmlnJ7mwATbg=w1224-h918-no?authuser=0

Seems a bit of a hasssle to find a replacement. Does anyone have a C-13451 bracket kicking around or advice on repairing/replacing the broken stud?

10 answers to this question

Couldn’t you just drill it out and replace the stud with a bolt cut off from Bunnings

Because the drops sit so close on the reverse side, no. There's only about 1mm of clearance. A countersunk hex head, maybe?

DHas1gRKGdPG7uzCKFAnaK1SFc6M42Cn4vayuDQFM3ZBCNcFFxeE0aWkdSLH1VY9yiROcgHQZPtbfHl1rD8wI0RDEX7Ul-r0jx9PNoDG9OZcFn7rCkWBI8FrLZDH4Dwscn4arGvQgahIlCT1oSt0cNnqW4yOzl-Ul-r0u3tIz9GMDC1nfJZa-jQraF1hxeFLtDKbwEmLibu9q2K58XbYHOSpafjYR7xNzektIOend-AYxuDo2W-ZUrbZKF710Y373EgUArmF1Xhtb-gYU5E2Et6_Jo6Gy4SZfElpYOztn5dCByyUbkSAckjStWLBZhctAAvQt7q4-TU4o9lnG3T7k5L-T40Li1cRpI93chb098MuD4Ve9uFF_8jNv8OG_n5CAMVgEiXnhT4N_0L8rwfahkQJOtw3hYyuWrYzvApKmhhguRGQ4WzhtuqIRKseW3KJChtEBf1H3KbZXx1ZMbrk2jim18P7LnXUaOwtxdTO9dM4pqZwSxqhzu5UNIaHFrDBVEK08ZbAdIKbSbVvRaUHH9_RjB4g2_dBLO7x1_OkoS0NMFUKNmrBWCc_vqKam8ux9qrNm_KI0r3qf58gkYo6kwVLKZ6v5CBpDWsPcFrE4hecI2Gf7Da3TJ40vV3aGNe_MKNDaF8070ChE9Pgi9iaSSEqo80Z7Wi2CG8kLillvTq7ijESRh-Mj5pTasqI6gU=w689-h918-no?authuser=0

Those studs snap all on there own. What some muppet can do however is not mount the coil in tight so it moves every time the coil is powered and this speeds up the studs breaking.

Given how loose the other nuts was, that's probably what happened here.

You could just tack a spot weld there.

The stud itself is long gone. I really didn't break this one. Or do you mean weld the coil stop in? I must have misunderstood because that sounds like a bad idea long term? (Though looking at the existing coil stop, why not? You can leave them in there forever apparently. :D )

The stud itself is long gone. I really didn't break this one. Or do you mean weld the coil stop in? I must have misunderstood because that sounds like a bad idea long term? (Though looking at the existing coil stop, why not? You can leave them in there forever apparently. :D )

I did mean to tack weld it in. Long term fix & someone else's problem in 2062.. (He's probably not even born yet.)