IGNORED

VPGL 14 - Game 4 ~ Humpty Dumpty

Is anyone else finding the table buggy? Middle hole is super hard to get a lock and if I tilt the only option is to start a new game (maybe by design?)

It's old-school for sure.

920,0003a1e6edfb2f74e16306d21c94b00e2f6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is anyone else finding the table buggy? Middle hole is super hard to get a lock and if I tilt the only option is to start a new game (maybe by design?)

Yea, I'm getting the same thing with the middle hole - the ball sort of drifts away from it rather than locking.

I've also had a few games where it's only given me either 3 or 4 balls.

I'm out of the comp for 2 weeks. Have to go to work. Bummer

Well that's crap, but at least you don't need to miss any games. You've put scores up for all so far and in two weeks you'll still be able to put up scores for the upcoming table.

Don't work too hard and we look forward to seeing you back.

.......... and if I tilt the only option is to start a new game (maybe by design?)

That is by design, Tilt originally disqualified your entire game, it wasn't until approx the early 60's that it became common place for a tilt to only disqualify your current ball in play.

• Like 2

That is by design, Tilt originally disqualified your entire game, it wasn't until approx the early 60's that it became common place for a tilt to only disqualify your current ball in play.

Cool, good to know, it does seem to get extra sensitive as the game goes on, not sure if it is just how the script keeps track of nudges and when it goes to tilt, but I find I can be rough on ball 1 or 2, but if I do even a slight nudge on later balls it will tilt. Just feels inconsistent and makes it hard to get a feel for nudging, I just resorted to no nudging after the first couple of balls.

Much more fun than i thought this was going to be :) Can't judge a book by it's cover I guess and it takes a few plays to get the feel of how to play it.

This would have been an impressive game in 1947. I found myself inserting coin after coin, tilting every game into oblivion too early, but finally settled down.

Getting the ball from the bottom flippers back up the top for more cracks at the 50k pop is weirdly satisfying!

20200426_134612.thumb.jpg.de414eb32af23cf9ac6f788529c7a810.jpg

• Like 1

So I believe I've discovered a problem which makes this game unplayable for the competition. Please provide your thoughts.

I'm not sure how well the photo (below) will show this but, I had the lights on the backglass showing 780,000 at the end of ball two. I then went on to score enough points that I had over 1,000,000. At the end of ball 5 it got me to put in my initials for a score of 480,000 (previous high score was 500,000 so it knew it was higher than that but shows smaller) so was probably 1,480,000.

The issue is, I believe some players would be able to roll this game multiple times and we'd have no idea what the actual score is unless someone knows how to make the post it show higher numbers.

Thoughts please.

15880688023814442400722830486709.thumb.jpg.6a5a2cb894cd6ef293335c41ea9f8bec.jpg

Yes it is difficult to know what the score is when you play it, maybe make it closest to rolling it without rolling it haha, I wouldn’t know if I was close, as I cannot tell the score when I play.

Remove it

Yes it is difficult to know what the score is when you play it, maybe make it closest to rolling it without rolling it haha, I wouldn’t know if I was close, as I cannot tell the score when I play.

Remove it

If someone knows how to edit the post it note to read higher we'd be ok

• Like 2

I am raging about accidentally restarting a game of MM that was finally decent but I say bin the table, it's not the only issue with this table.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

randr created this VPX version of the game and said, "I suppose you could add another digit to to table script" but I don't know what to change in the script. Does anyone know?

I have two options in mind.... one, edit the script so that we can track our scores... we are this far in, even with its problems I think it would be sad to see it go. On the upside, Skids has made many of us play a game and experience an important part of pinball history.

Option two is to scrap it for the purpose of the competition, I'll introduce a replacement EM by random from the list already submitted and we play it until next weekend finishing at the same time as Medieval Madness.

I'd love a little more feedback on what the people want :)

• Like 1