IGNORED

What game is this? Monitor free to good home.

ktm450

Hi guys,

I was given this cabinet years ago and while in isolation the kids have been keen on setting it up with a Pandora’s box 6.

I was wondering what game it originally was? Or is it just a generic Universal cabinet? It’s in very ordinary condition and past saving. Before I started it was painted black and had Tazz-mania decals and an original Tazz-mania control panel underneath a converted newer control panel.

I used thinners to remove all the black paint and it looks like a space theme. I have no idea on the old arcades so would appreciate some help figuring out what it was originally.

Also if anyone would like the monitor they can have it for free. It was not working years ago when I first tried, but could have been something else??? Pickup from Geelong.

The cabinet had a Gyruss board set inside. Is this worth anything, again unsure if it works?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Matt.

9eb8faa7f767369f2324c0696173ad82.jpg

a8aa27fe65c7fcbdbcc4c16ae665e39a.jpg

237c0d7be8ee4199e1ca3e147bc8aaa0.jpg

4cd0ec3843778cd42591a5cecd508e8c.jpg

2c4f0883d9a3c25beb7c7d6a92cb6570.jpg

f5b19345f0f720d715f43f0f561c42a7.jpg

09981c79dbccf2a9e2fcc5f4cafc3901.jpg

268bdb2550ca2e6300e4dd1814778986.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Yeah the PCB is definitely the Bootleg Gyrus. Had me one of those years back. Stereo amp. Supposedly more valuable because it was made without the Konami custom chips!!! Nice Pick up!! Joy!! :D

Yeah the PCB is definitely the Bootleg Gyrus. Had me one of those years back. Stereo amp. Supposedly more valuable because it was made without the Konami custom chips!!! Nice Pick up!! Joy!! :D

I’ll get around to testing it soon, roughly what would they be worth if working? I have no idea with arcade pcbs. Thanks!

At this weird point in history it's hard to say. Much of the markets have crashed, including game boards, so keep that in mind when I say I think you could easily get $100 for it right now. If it's working, IMHO it's got to be worth at least $200+

Great game though. I'd hang onto it! :)

Got to say that's a freakin cool looking cab brah! Lucky you.

At this weird point in history it's hard to say. Much of the markets have crashed, including game boards, so keep that in mind when I say I think you could easily get $100 for it right now. If it's working, IMHO it's got to be worth at least $200+

Great game though. I'd hang onto it! :)

Got to say that's a freakin cool looking cab brah! Lucky you.

Cheers, it is a super cool cab, sadly it’s in extremely poor shape. I have Noodleshirt making up some artwork for it using the original theme. It’s been so hacked it’s not worth restoring. I’ll put a Pandora’s Box in it and set it up for the kids. But want it to look somewhat original.

Thanks very much for the board input, I have no idea when it comes to arcade gear.

Mate that looks freekin awesome. Love that art work. In conjures up space!!! And a time gone by.:D

Everyone's doin side art and some cabs really do need it. But... Marine ply and stencil artwork. I'd be leaving that just how it is. But... it's not my cabinet. All those hours with the pain thinner... if you put artwork over that, I can only imagine someone tearing it off 20-30 years from now and going wow! Why'd they cover that up. lol. Just my 2c.:lol

Thanks guys, yes the side art is staying and Carson is working on a Marquee, bezel art and control panel art as close to original as possible. Unfortunately there is no hi res artwork to use other than making art from the original flyer.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update to show final product.

I had Carson make up artwork that was as faithful to the original as possible. As there was no original hi-res available he made art from the original flyers.

Here is what an original cabinet looks like:

c6cc74e810edac2eea4f225be3e1589c.jpg

This is how my cabinet turned out, set up

with horizontal monitor and 2P, 6 button layout:

b1822365ab701b4d846b31a6c40f971a.jpg

274989448385ff00a925c056fd656a1b.jpg

20f4eec31bf0481dc8e89c9491998a52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4