Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLIII - Game 2 ~ Mappy (closes 19-Apr)

Boss challenge …

MGLXLIII – Game 2 ~ Mappy

Nominated by gamer: busty34

ROMSet 106: mappy.zip (US)

XEY7qyF.png

Game Story:

You are a mouse in a house of burglar-cats intent on recovering their stolen loot. You get from floor to floor by jumping on trampolines. Various doors are your only defense against the cats.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 19 April 2020, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 … the original Goro …

zgjGSJz.jpg

Edited by OOO
  • Like 2

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boss challenge …

MGLXLIII – Game 2 ~ Mappy

Nominated by gamer: busty34

ROMSet 106: mappy.zip (US)

XEY7qyF.png

Game Story:

You are a mouse in a house of burglar-cats intent on recovering their stolen loot. You get from floor to floor by jumping on trampolines. Various doors are your only defense against the cats.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 28 April 2020, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 … the original Goro …

zgjGSJz.jpg

This game is great! I loved this art showing the Mappy mouse and Dig Dug.

For those who have never played Mappy, I recommend it. Let's go!

• Like 1

Not bad after only 2 games and not playing this one in years. Missed a perfect on the 2nd bonus stage, and had some stupid back to back deaths that could have easily been avoided. 100k is not too far down the road. It's all coming back to me, the more I play. :D

31e688b6c7e3fc42e498bbe474dda137.png.9e71f9ad106645555a606d425845a69f.png

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Could you all please double check you are using the right settings. Rank B, 3 lives to start and extras at 20K and 70K ONLY. It is NOT every 70K.

Thanks

:)

• Like 1

Pessimeister: 28, 570

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2122220}[/ATTACH]

I've seen this game for years at Bartronica but never tried to learn it. Now's a good time. :) Lots of blind spots; very easy to get surrounded. Eek!

It's a great start! I also never tried the arcade version and I am feeling the gameplay is complicated, but we keep playing and increasing the scores.:)

• Like 1

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"mappy24840.png","data-attachmentid":2122345}[/ATTACH]

Thank you RNJesus

You have more than just good luck. More Mappy high scores too follow ... :024: