IGNORED

Big Buck HD not loading

robm

Question

Hi All

Picked up a big buck HD. It boots to the loading.... screen then goes back to the initial boot screen saying Dell optiplex and pretty much just continually cycles like this.

I have reinstalled the software with the 3 dvds and it still does the same thing. I also bought a new power supply for the pc (optiplex 390) with no change. Reseated ram stick, put some more heat sink compound on processor and reseated all connections with no change.

Any ideas on what to try or test next?

5 answers to this question

A couple of things to look at. I'm not sure if this cab has a USB dongle in the rear? Almost sounds like the RAM or Hard disk is causing the reset, just like a PC. Unless you've got a USB boot disk with the right utilities, best bet is to try another RAM and/or drive if you've got one handy. HTH

Just to follow up...got a gtx1050 video card as Jomac said the original 550 fails in them. Also got a usb boot disk with the latest software and it all fires up. Kids are having a ball with it! 20200410_063526.thumb.jpg.5e5f9dd69ae57f17c67ed485d5a3e0be.jpg

How much did the Big Buck set you back?

Haven’t seen one for sale for ages

Got it as part of a very bulk deal with plenty of non working projects such as twin drivers, claw machines and spares