IGNORED

COVID-19 / what’s your plan?

Tonjo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love our media to report on how Sweden and Belgium are going. You have to get online to find out.

As it stands their per capita is not looking good in fact its high. Australia 225 , Sweden 675 per million people

• Like 1

Is that what your government is saying? That would be a fantastic result if you guys all go back to work!

The idea of the 30 day lockdown was to get people back home to NZ home, flush out the symptoms and cases (incubation period), recovery and then talk about level 3. That would still have a ban on mass gatherings, some public venues stay closed etc.

The level drop will only happen if people follow the rules and we're doing a pretty good job. Lots of respect and kindness shown to others.

Another week and we'll definitely be on the downward.

• Like 4

Be interesting to compare the infection growth rate between AU and NZ not including the dickheads that let peotple off the Ruby princess. Basically trying to get an idea how effective each strategy was/is. Currently 227 AU to 229 per 1 mill pop. interesting... 40-1 deaths tho.

Be interesting to compare the infection growth rate between AU and NZ not including the dickheads that let people off the Ruby princess. Basically trying to get an idea how effective each strategy was/is.

I was thinking the same thing. But to be honest there are probably too many confounding factors to properly compare. Things like average age, population density and spread, climate, number of underlying health conditions, number of infected people at the time the measures were implemented and likely a whole massive lost of other things.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing. But to be honest there are probably too many confounding factors to properly compare. Things like average age, population density and spread, climate, number of underlying health conditions, number of infected people at the time the measures were implemented and likely a whole massive lost of other things.

True but there are clear differences as well. I guess you cant compare higher density countries, but yeah we will never know the true infected amounts due to lack of testing.

Hong Kong, 4th most dense country has <1000 cases and no deaths... hmmm

As it stands their per capita is not looking good in fact its high. Australia 225 , Sweden 675 per million people

Sweden is about to go into full lockdown. Seems they are getting cold feet on the herd approach but now it is to late. That 675 per million is on pour testing as well compared to Australia. We are doing if not the most testing very close to the top in the world.

Keep it up Australia, what we are doing is working. Just keep the drawer bridge up over the moat till this is done and demonstrate to the world just how important strong borders really are.

Will be interesting to see if the EU looks after all the EU countries after this or just Germany. I'm suspecting the later.

• Like 1

Interesting you mention the EU. It has been noted they have done very little for the countries in the EU. What is being noted are governments of EU countries are taking control of their respective issues without the EU and their money.

Tbh things are going better than I expected. Looks like maybe 3 months and things will start opening again?

I think everyone seems to be getting sick of it already especially with the new police crackdown. Australians don’t respond well to state restrictions on freedom, particularly when enforced by the cops. Wait until school holidays and Easter. They’ll be forced to lock the place down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tbh things are going better than I expected. Looks like maybe 3 months and things will start opening again?

I'd hold off until winter has passed. We're doing well but things can change quickly with the onset of winter. Let's hope you're on the money

I think everyone seems to be getting sick of it already especially with the new police crackdown. Australians don’t respond well to state restrictions on freedom, particularly when enforced by the cops. Wait until school holidays and Easter. They’ll be forced to lock the place down.

I'm not sick of it. More like concerned. Police have a job to do. Are you saying lockdown should be best enforced by military carrying weapons of sorts? Not sure of your comments

I'd hold off until winter has passed. We're doing well but things can change quickly with the onset of winter. Let's hope you're on the money

Yeah like hairdressers, cinemas, restaurants with set hours... And then bars, clubs like 9 months later. I assume they have to make sure its all gone... even after the last case. Then prior to vaccine, keep the borders closed till all cases world wide are gone. Could this end globalisation? lol maybe Holden will make a return?

Funny I was thinking Australia would struggle with a complete lockdown because of your Bogan subculture. :lol

So last year the road toll was 1146 people killed in road related deaths and Worldwide it was over 1.3 million. Shut it Down!

It always makes me laugh how humans seem to push the fear of car travel aside when it is the most likely way you will die.

• Like 1

With the amount of cars registered in Australia given the road death toll I think your chances are slim of dying from a road related incident, I think more people die from health related issues and thats not including suicide which figures are never revealed.

So last year the road toll was 1146 people killed in road related deaths and Worldwide it was over 1.3 million. Shut it Down!

Car accidents aren't a transferable disease so we are comparing apples and elephants....

If no country in the world applied any lock down or restrictive measures the covid19 death toll would be exponentially higher.

With the amount of cars registered in Australia given the road death toll I think your chances are slim of dying from a road related incident, I think more people die from health related issues and thats not including suicide which figures are never revealed.

Agree Sugar has to be banned biggest health killer of the world Shut it Down!