Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

COVID-19 / what’s your plan?

Tonjo

Have you read what's going on overseas? Would you rather be in the US, UK, Germany or Australia? Do you know why we can move around whithout there being virtually no risk to our health from covid? It wasn't all luck, the lockdown in Vic for instance, saved our bottom here for instance.

Not questionable priorities only the saving of businesses, lives and our economy. There is a clear link between higher numbers of deaths from the virus and a weaker economy for instance. source:https://ourworldindata.org/covid-health-economy. Nothing is perfect in this scenario, however we're in an enviable position.

:unsure:blink::rolleyes:confused::D:o;)

You are exactly right @peely. Thank you!

I have been following this thread with ever increasing frustration for several months now and have resisted writing anything as it only seems to encourage these peanuts with nonsensical conspiracy theories about Covid-19 et al. I mean, seriously, some people.........

• Like 3

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put 3 or so people on ignore and this thread becomes significantly less crazy. They also often end up being the people worth ignoring in other threads as well, so it's win-win.

It's good to see more people standing up to the insane bullshit being spouted by a vocal minority.

• Like 6

Well people will hold fake information as gospel, clearly. This is what too many are doing and ignoring anything that doesn't fit the "story" or special narative of the thing, even when the story makes no sense.

There is not much that I will take as "gospel" the way you guys seem to. The links that get posted by some are just laughable, if the lies weren't kindof serious consequences.

I won't just take a propoganda line, and exclude anything else that doesn't align with some "story" but which could well make much more sense. It is called considering what is possible, rather than being told to swallow crap that makes absolutely no sense, while excluding most information... just because it discredits it?

Sorry guys, but some of you are really riding that high coronavirus horse. Use your heads and think for yourselves sometimes would really be a good thing you know. Australia is counting on everyone to not be blindly led off the cliff just now.

No animosity for people not having considered broad information, because yes it is hard, and I can understand it sux to learn you've been fed lots of rubbish for so long. I know what that bit is like because I've been there. I don't accept things just for the fun of it anymore, particularly when there is no legitimate verification and it defies any reasonable logic.

Yes, "official lines" and "documents" certainly do get made up without basis in reality. Get over that, look for some reasonable information and references then still verify, where does your "source" get it's information or "valid" conclusion.

From a prominent highly paid scientician? :unsure

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on Me.

But that never works if one never notices they're being fooled in the first place. Wake up time!

Yes the majority is always right even when they are advocating for lynch mobs.

Smart thinking, dudes.:confused:

Farks sakes open your eyes and focus on reality for a bit. Thought seems a bit underutilised too.:sleep

Those whom would be advocating for sensible reasoned outlook, and calling out coronavirus situation as manipulated.... that is not the vocal minority at all, total opposite here, it proves more as the silent majority. People are intimidated to not speak up due to the vocal minority of abusive "brainwashed denizens" throwing around their gaslighting, fake news checkers, bogus information ... and irrationality.

The majority would seem to rather stay out of it because it seems easier to let the few fools parrot their nonsense media. Might be easier just for now. Depends where it goes though, and nobody knows that.

I don't understand the value of saying COVID 19 is endemic (it's not)

Is there a plan to eradicate it? Would any such plan be feasible? Is it going to just go away on its own? If not, then it’s endemic.

lamenting that quaratine could break down

I’m not lamenting that it could break down, I’m pointing out that it has broken down- repeatedly- and that the structural weaknesses that caused it to break down have not been addressed, ensuring that it will continue to break down.

complaining about the 'bozos overseeing the farce' being the public health people…who have had their recommendations for pandemic preparedness ignored for the last decade or so.

I’m not talking about ‘public health people’, I’m talking about the career politicians who are responsible- Jigsaws Morrison, Dictator Dan, the appropriately-named Brad Hazzard, the missing-in-action Peter Dutton etc. Are you saying they ignored their own recommendations?

Finally, we get the suggestion that lives can't be saved which is just flat out false…

Everybody dies. Can you give an example of someone who won’t?

…as you acknowledge one sentence later.

Everybody dies in the end.

???

EDIT: Do you mean this sentence?

A life spent hiding away from an environmental hazard which is never going away hasn't been saved, it has been wasted.

"Hasn't been" does not imply "could have been". Wheel Of Fortune's wizard mode hasn't been achieved.

END EDIT

It also quite obviously has no moral basis.

You’re right about this. Pointing out that people don’t live forever doesn't have a moral basis, but a factual one.

The only common thread that runs through what you've said is a sense of grievance. It's very hard to understand where that comes from.

It comes from the fact that there are important questions that go to the heart of coronavirus policy that nobody has ever provided a clear answer to, and that most people seem to want to avoid asking themselves. I already posted two of these questions and nobody here was either willing or able to answer them:

How many years do you want to spend doing this? At what point do you expect everyone will finally say "Okay, it's worked, now let's get on with life"?

Edited by Pie Chucker
  • Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKN83rR0u6g

Anyone might think there is some sort of consensus, that no doctors with any different opinions exist :unsure

Actually there are hundreds more, many hundreds, or thousands even... nobody really seems to have this sort of ignored or suppressed information put in front of them.

But lets be honest. You haven't even shown tens, let alone hundreds or thousands so it's really only your assertion that this is correct. Although obviously there's no exaggeration going on here. Just alternate facts. 😂

The quoted post is a few videos from one professor and a comedian chatting with a couple of other people about how "if only one medical professional out of 5 agrees with you they obviously have a hidden motivation". They couldn't possibly be that they were actually just stating facts. And obviously I didn't bother watching the comedian for too long as the tone was set early for a completely biased "interview".

The professor does mention in another video that he makes his own Covid index from WHO data but his figures seem greatly inflated when comparing asymptomatic v symptomatic (According to the professor the asymptomatic cases are around 80% of all infections at present).

(The following should be read like Jim Jeffries to get the right tone for the comment)

And call me picky. But when I watch a presentation by a professor and the only reference material they mention is Wikipedia, I tend to think that maybe they're a bit of a shit professor

Get over that, look for some reasonable information and references then still verify, where does your "source" get it's information or "valid" conclusion.

Do you mean like the professor and Wikipedia?? How did you verify the information in his presentation?? How have you verified the rate of asymptomatic v symptomatic infections??

Yes the majority is always right even when they are advocating for lynch mobs.

Smart thinking, dudes.:confused:

Farks sakes open your eyes and focus on reality for a bit. Thought seems a bit underutilised too.:sleep

Those whom would be advocating for sensible reasoned outlook, and calling out coronavirus situation as manipulated.... that is not the vocal minority at all, total opposite here, it proves more as the silent majority. People are intimidated to not speak up due to the vocal minority of abusive "brainwashed denizens" throwing around their gaslighting, fake news checkers, bogus information ... and irrationality.

The majority would seem to rather stay out of it because it seems easier to let the few fools parrot their nonsense media. Might be easier just for now. Depends where it goes though, and nobody knows that.

Right. The silent majority. And obviously in no way quantifiable. Again, no exaggeration at all. How exactly are you determining what the majority are doing or how they feel?

No animosity for people not having considered broad information, because yes it is hard, and I can understand it sux to learn you've been fed lots of rubbish for so long. I know what that bit is like because I've been there. I don't accept things just for the fun of it anymore, particularly when there is no legitimate verification and it defies any reasonable logic.

You keep trying to make out that it's a foregone conclusion that you are on the right "enlightened" path and everyone else is still blissfully unaware of the great things you've discovered on your journey. Nothing you've shown so far even comes vaguely close to supporting that. You seem to believe things way too easily. I'm not sure I've actually encountered someone this gullible before. You also keep making statements about the quality of the material you present that isn't actually supported by the quality of material you present. You certainly don't appear to do any real validation or substantiation of facts.

fake news checkers, bogus information ... and irrationality.

This really does seem to sum you up.

Anyway this is quite simply a pointless exercise because you are so out of touch with reality. Or maybe you are just a very skilled troll. Like others have done it's time to add you to the ignore list.

• Like 7

You are exactly right @peely. Thank you!

I have been following this thread with ever increasing frustration for several months now and have resisted writing anything as it only seems to encourage these peanuts with nonsensical conspiracy theories about Covid-19 et al. I mean, seriously, some people.........

But it is entertaining to some degree at how the mind can manipulate the brain into believing such absurdity.

• Like 3

But it is entertaining to some degree at how the mind can manipulate the brain into believing such absurdity.

Funny how either "side" of the manufactured divide has this apply perfectly to the other, as well.

What I find facinating is the backward closed minded attitudes. Once people claim to already know everything and reject any reasonable alternatives to their (MSM) "knowledge", there is little point since their brain will reject things that make them "wrong".

I am happy to be wrong, if it means greater understanding, learning. Yep it's complicated, of course. Just have to not automatically believe everything as "gospell". But, many people seem to do just that.

I am not on either side. People sometimes seem to assume quite incorrectly that I must believe every bit of information I share, which I do not believe all of it, far from it (I can post links or other opinions and still be skeptical). I share it for other opinions. Stupid assumptions is where alot of people trip themselves up. I know I have before.

First big step, realising I am often wrong, and listening to what other people have to say even if I might not agree with all of it. Learning rather than being ignorant. I read what gets posted by all, check links and give the views whatever credibility I find they deserve... not just go "You're wrong" . "Shut-upa-your-facea!"

Not so entertaining is when the brain realises the absurdity of something core or major that it had believed so viahmently. ... being supposedly agnostic and evidence based for "beliefs", I did find it hard to admit to. Admiting one was horribly wrong certainly is hard man. Believing simple lies, just because everyone else seems to have accepted it (this is Not "evidence" lol).

Alot of people have this to look forward to yet, seems like it's going to hit hard for some that seem to be in pretty hard core denial that something larger is going pretty wrong.

What is worse, is feeling so gullible, and a bit dissapointed with yourself that you weren't paying propper attention, not using enough reason ... and accepting too much rubbish simply on blind "trust". So as much as it is hard, moreso it is a relief... and also refreshing for things to add up and make sense for a change. Confusion kinda sux.

What is funny is how people blindly parrot MSM stories and don't seem to bother to check up on which portions are credible and which aspects are fabricated, excluded, or misrepresented. Yet, at the same time acknowledge that the big media does do an amount of propoganda. Some just seem to love contradicting themselves, as well as put words into the mouths of others, misrepresent, and pretend to know people they have never met.

Some good funny posts come up in here, all many of us do is shake our heads. Disapointing still to find not so many thinkers get involved in posting about what they rekon, or information they want to question. It is a responsibility to expose nonsense and criminal activity, I'm not going to be complicit by sitting back silently, saying nothing.

Anyway, I take hearsay with a grain of salt, just like stuff that can't be verified or which lacks credibility. It's bad practice to rely on the grapevine or commentary for solid information, yet that is what so many people are effectively into.

I said something. All I can hope for is that it helps some punters out. True, ignorance is bliss ... but also ignorance can end up costing you more that the "bliss" is ever going to be worth. :confused:

You’re a fool.

Well yes, isn't that what I basically said? ... good comprehension there!

At least I can admit it. :redface

I'm not going to stoop to the lows of calling other people that though. There is no denying we are all fools at some point, but we can only work that out for ourselves. Obviously some people do have greater problems accepting reality than others.

Whom would be naive enough to think they would always have it right, "know" everything already, or never be fooled? :unsure

Kinda funny all the "pot calling the kettle black" that goes on in here. Place has a few triggered name callers and peanuts! . Me included :)

"Covid" has got a few people kind of uppity and and abusive. About time we started to calm down a little don't you think?. Use a little rationality maybe?. Take a few breaths, lighten up a bit and get out of the house more perhaps (if you are "allowed" to wherever you are, of course). Some people fully sucked in to the instilled theme of divisiveness and "fear". Great effort!.

Before this thing was a thing, I actually believed Aussies were a bit more thoughtful in general than what seems to stand out here. See, kinda fooled again!! :confused:

• Like 1

So Victoria in lockdown for 5 days, but as per usual all the numb nuts and dumbass’s are going on a shopping frenzy for rice flour and toilet paper. Traffic so heavy you’d think its a long weekend, well I guess it is now for us but nowhere to go.

Didn’t we learn anything from our last lockdown that supermarkets are not closing......Hello?

• Like 2

Sorry to hear our brothers in Vic back in lockdown. 5 days well lets hope it stops at that. Glad I'm in a state that doesn't see ALL Victorians as lepers. We in Australia would be far better taking on CoVid as a country rather than a collection of defacto countries.

We expect the country to work as one when it concerns millions of deaths in decades to come being told to us by profits and fortune tellers but we have a problem right now killing millions and it's every state on there own.

• Like 3

I would of expected the entire country to work as one as well but our current PM Scott Marketing Morrison cannot even control his own party members let alone the pandemic he washed his hands of the whole thing and let the states and territories take control then proceeds to get upset when states and territories dont do his bidding at a time when we need a strong national leader what are we stuck with Scott Marketing Morrison
  • Like 2

And you seem a bit confused about the right to free speech. I do support it. You certainly have it and use it regularly. But I also have the right to exercise free speech when I see posts that are questionable or completely false. That doesn't mean that I have an aversion to free speech, although it is a convenient response to use.

Ahh free speech..... The issue with it is just because you have the right to give it, doesn't mean the rest of us feel the need to bore ourselves to listen. Free speech is always being protected by those who talk too much, using every which tool that exist to express it. As the saying goes, nothing is for free. There is always a cost to the person listening & its up to them if they want to pay the toll. The people "protecting" it today are no Lenny Bruce, thats for sure.

My favourite was Taylor "Q'An-Knob" Greene - "courageously" wearing a censored mask as she freely gets to express her speech into a microphone..... in the House of Representatives.... on US TV..... Then streamed on You-Tube,.... then Facebook..... to the entire world.

ErorFZjXIAInKvW.thumb.jpg.34d4d99c52d43596cc42f090fa7f908c.jpg

• Like 2

Gee, didn't that 2nd Trump impeachment work a treat?. Concidering only an "acting" US government offical can ever be impeached, was it not obvious the guy was never going to be impeached?. Even if the democrates could have "altered" the writing in the US constituion, they still needed 17 republicans of which they got 4 and not all democrates voted the party lines anyway.

Incredible how long this conspiracy was allowed to spread including on "our ABC".

Maybe they should have used there own "fact checker" rather than relying on what CNN said, what Twitter was pretending and how can we forget the ABCs highly crediable "Independent US studies Instutite".

So let's sum this up. Were you being told by your media Trump could be impeached?. Could be the first US president to be impeached twice?. If your media was saying either, I would question anything they said from now on.

The second impeachment "attempt" lasted for a total time line of 8 hours making it the shortest impeachment inquiry in US history by far.

• Like 2

One thing that lets confusion and division get into runaway, is the way definitions are messed around with and manipulated. When each group has it's newly made up "own definition" of various words, it makes discussion, sharing information, and learning incredibly difficult... nigh impossible.

He was impeached, twice. However both times the evidence didn't stand up in the "kangaroo court" without judiciary, it was after all just for "show" and to put on the screens. Just like so many things. So, here "impeachment" is made to Seem like some form of "conviction". He was not found guilty of anything either time. This is the point that gets overlooked, and probably left out of "his story".

He was not charged or convicted with anything, either time. The impeachment is essentially just like accusation.

Some other words get used quite improperly. Many actually. Some relevant to now that create confusion or misunderstanding are words like "vaccine" used in place of "genetic engineering" for mRNA injections, or "immunity" when someone is in fact talking about "resistance".

When every group has made up their own new incompatible definitions for words and uses them to pretend to have an informed conversation, all that happens is everyone becomes confused and has basicaly no idea what the other meant. Not understanding the other, or misunderstanding. Well, this helps alot with "divide and rule" for anyone wanting that.

woman - human adult female

(not "someone whom identifies as a woman". That is no definition and nonsensical)

fight - engage in argument or conflict

(not purely "physical" or violent, must and does actually include verbal and representative)

Next thing you know they will give "eugenics" a new name and start doing that again ... like once happened in [some Australian states]... because now everybody forgotten or oblivious. :blink:

Edited by razorsedge

He was impeached, twice. However both times the evidence didn't stand up in the "kangaroo court" without judiciary, it was after all just for "show" and to put on the screens. Just like so many things. So, here "impeachment" is made to Seem like some form of "conviction". He was not found guilty of anything either time. This is the point that gets overlooked, and probably left out of "his story".

Nope, unless you are impeached, it can't be called an impeachment and the only time someone was said to be "accussed of impeachment" was when the person was found guilty of impeachment but resigned prior to offically being impeached.

That is how it is spelled out on the US Government offical webpage.

Interesting how our ABC made a $3000 payment to one of those that invaded the white house after the guy was charged. CNN weren't that stupid. They paid him $17000 prior to him being convicted. Same guy was filmed at the front of the crowd pushing the crowd to burn the city in a BLM rally and was charged over that.

Still waiting on hearing how our ABC answers these claims that were brought up two days ago after the ABC receipt for the $3000US was shown. I write this because I doubt any loyal ABC viewer would have heard about this on our ABC and never will.

Gotta ask yourself would this guy of invaded the white house if he wasn't paid $20,000US all up?

What is our ABC doing spending out tax dollars to pay someone that is clearly breaking the law in another country and after he was charged?.

• Like 1