Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

COVID-19 / what’s your plan?

Tonjo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI to all of you responding to Razor. I stopped responding when he admitted to me in another thread that he's posting while drunk, so you're all arguing with a drunk person :lol

Just proves to not believe everything you read, especially if you have no sense for sarcasm. It was a "pisstake" (see what I did there lol) at some sort of simplistic or troll posting, my response was to a shallow or pisstake type post that contained a suggestive question, something about me drinking. ... I actually hardly drink at all, anybody whom actually knows me.

So many ignoring and hating at anyone they don't understand, or disagree with.

That's severely limiting to learning anymore. I don't hate anyone just because they have some other beliefs or learned different things. Really.

Answers often come from other people, and I am looking for some.

If you are not, that is fine mate. You do you, it's your choice. Good for you man! :)

• Like 1

Pmsl :rolleyes

What is dangerous exactly?? . You are being a bit ambiguous about that.

Wow. Long post. Anyway.

Yes. Dangerous. And I don't believe I'm being ambiguous at all. My comment clearly refers to vaccine misinformation.

Talking about lies that are spread? . Exposing some nonsense, and crooks?

Two can play that tit for tat nonsense, even when it's legitimate to say; ... Mate, your own words contradict your claims. It's just a shame that someone out there might actually be gullible enough to think that your words are more than they are. Not just someone either .... many people.

Well. You really got me there.

Well, we all know how bad group mentality and group think can be, it is demonstrated in this thread right here. So for your "dangerous" thing, this is as much where we already are, and actually discussion (with all, including those we disagree with) is how that danger is alleviated.

Nothing to do with a group mentality. All my opinion. I'm a big enough boy to not need others to tell me how to think. Everything I say, I own.

Well yes you may well be right. Crooks are actually dangerous alot of times too in a physical sense, not in the same kind of make-believe sense as discussion though. Even just Censorship (like we see one or two individuals childishly call for here) is way more dangerous than open discussion could ever be, that has been shown clearly throughout history. Do you read much human history? . Most people don't, even if you do. If more people knew they would not be acting in such an arrogant and simple human group way.

Also what IS dangerous is thoughtless people as groups taking any old blatant bullcrap and reklessly spreading it around as if it's "fact" without really putting any effort into checking up too much apparently (hey lets just Verify from Each Other in the echo chamber, screw the facts), which is what happens alot on MSM as well (less checking more parroting). Even more abhorrent, telling people to Shut Up, based on assuming they "know nothing", and because the person saying "shut-up" is obviously "right" about "everything". That's a good one.

One example of something that is actually more physically dangerous in Australia right now is things like Magnitsky Acts, being pushed through "under the cover of darkness" (covid) currently. Mechanisms for war. Look it up if you care or dare. I'm not your research shortcut. As if, would you really take any notice of whatever I might have discovered for consideration anyway?. I can give you a link that might be compatible with what you probably "know" already, but the concerning words are still there to be seen within it. Depending on your faith in there being no such thing as criminals concealing information, or not, will change how you read. Your MSM fakt checker probably already has a fake debunker out there for it (debunking "war plans"), as is the norm these days. It's almost fun somehow debunking the junk "fakt checker" websites, which of course do contain some legitimate fact checking, in order to be seen as having some legitimacy. There is some steaming loads to find in those things though, to be sure! Lol

Sorry there is no lazy shortcut. I hear you though, I will more often include links for you in the future.

Here is the tip of the iceberg for you to scratch at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnitsky_Act

You certainly do not act like you have too much open-ness to intelligent discussion, unless you mean to only talk about or seek out what you seem to call "fact" already?. If one has no discussion, or will only discuss what they "know", what is intelligent about that??. Too many lose interest at any conflicting information, which certainly gets referenced and posted (and obviously selectively ignored by some?). I mean, really though, nobody actually Wants to be wrong generally. It does seem that alot of social media and mainstream junkies have this crazy idea as if they already Know Everything there is to know, ignoring things raised that may conflict with what they "know", and never wrong. Hardest thing for some people, admitting getting something wrong, especially if it was believed all our life. I get things wrong all the time. Lucky I do admit it, because obviously (to some) this is how we learn things about the world we live in. Anyone would think it is rocket science the way you write, but it is not.

At least it is scrupulous to talk about cover-ups, false information, dicuss and expose, that which others seem not to care much at all about. I'm just here to participate in honest discussion with others whom do too. If you don't like discussion, you are free to not participate, of course. There is no point being in a discussion if you believe you already know all there is to know, don't want to learn new things, and do not want to have discussions, wouldn't that be fair to say?. Or do you actually care about discussion and learning?

Its like nobody even wants to know what is going on, for years now it seems like almost nobody has noticed or cared about a prominent countries massive new navy, why?. Or that a certain island is now part of that country, quite recently.

As for links with evidence, which I certainly provided at many occasions, certain types of people simply conveniently ignore once their requests are met (well, some like to just ignore what adds up), in favor of their current unchangeable potentially off track beliefs... what would be nice is if you could direct anyone to some information that could properly hold water to reliably support what You believe? . Something simple, how about "lockdowns work for good"?.

Good work anyway I have to say!... More posting, sharing things to ask questions about, "right or wrong", it takes all types so roll with it. No need for getting all fiery. Maybe a little research is worth a go?

Cheer up a little maybe about how lucky we all are to have our freedom to discuss and expose crooks?. It isn't all doom and gloom you know (well not as yet), despite how that seems to be the theme on your mainstream for the past year. Unreasonable Fear stories and over reactions.

Please explain your aversion to freedom of speech? . Or what precisely is dangerous around it (other than having it taken away by <entity>)? . Words don't kill people. Thoughts don't kill people. Guns don't even kill people. Nope, something else is needed for this. People kill people. More accurately, unbalanced and extreme people with the one sided view and zero tolerance for discussion.

As for verifying information, I post various references... but people don't need to rely on my leg work All the time, they can do some for themselves too. Share it as well like I do :)

I support Australia Day as do my friends (including the indigenous friends) ... which for the ill informed by the way, is Not about the date that some group of whinging poms landed on the coastline here, not at all. Some ignorant people have of course come to believe such junk information though (because they couldn't be bothered to research things properly - don't care). Now ADay banned due to covid, while bigger gatherings, dangerous, for no good as 10's of thousands are more or less encouraged and gathered in a crowd. What is with that? :blink:

So, what does "un-Australian" mean to everyone these days?? :unsure

I'm going with covid lockdowns, and careless ignorance.

Stopping the spread, there will be dangerous outcomes from that according to many Scientists, but links such as those posted just get ignored you know, as demonstrated by what is said in some peoples posts as well. They think they already know everything there is to know, so talk to the hand, shut-up you fool! . Call things false by reflex, while "TLDR".

People don't even know the Term "critical thinking" anymore, let alone know what it means, or use it.

Despite some of the themes of posts in here, I still believe most Aussies would show themselves to be good people. We shouldn't be fighting each other, that effort would better spent exposing some criminal oligarchy... bonus, surely a common interest to get behind!!

Divided we fall.

I'll just post my responses to part of your post here as you take a few tangents.

I'm very open to fact finding and discussions. I'm not open to people presenting false statements as fact. I spend a significant portion of my working life investigating, assessing data and filtering fact from fiction/interpretation. I'm also wrong often enough and will be the first to admit I've been proven wrong. I don't believe you've done that yet.

I don't know everything. Far from it. And I firmly believe that the more you know the more you realise how much you don't know. But that doesn't mean i should just believe whatever is thrown out there.

And you seem a bit confused about the right to free speech. I do support it. You certainly have it and use it regularly. But I also have the right to exercise free speech when I see posts that are questionable or completely false. That doesn't mean that I have an aversion to free speech, although it is a convenient response to use.

I don't even remotely care what opinions you post about politics, religion, crooks, Australia day, Australia Post, Banks, etc... Type your heart out (preferably in the conspiracy theory thread or another razersedge theories thread rather than constantly trying to derail a thread about Covid). You may be correct about some of it.

But when you post up unsubstantiated statements about negative vaccine results being hidden or other medical conspiracies you believe without any actual substantiation of facts. That may cause harm to someone and I believe it needs a response. Because at that point you're in there with anti-vaxxers.

The simple fact is I don't find you to be very credible.

And statements like this are why.

Vaccines having bad reactions, that are kept quiet, of course.

No coverage in main meadias of the large numbers of reported "vaccine" related deaths or complications, also nothing about the parents wanting to add to their families, been vaccinated, now suddenly testing as sterile. :blink:

Do you advocate for these "post birth abortions" that have now been approved in the US? . To be clear, we mean babies that are alive.

You use fear mongering as a tool. This isn't fact based. You could have presented these statements as questions. "Do you believe that vaccines are causing bad reactions and that these cases are being kept quiet?" Then it's a discussion about the potential for this happening rather than a unsubstantiated statement being presented as fact.

The real irony is that you call out your own behaviour as dangerous. It's dangerous whether it's an individual or a group.

Also what IS dangerous is thoughtless people as groups taking any old blatant bullcrap and reklessly spreading it around as if it's "fact" without really putting any effort into checking up too much apparently

I'm sure you will respond again with any number of reasons to justify why I don't agree with you (Ignorant, lazy, not open to the truth, aversion to free speech, cancel culture, Think he knows it all, group mentality, insert whatever other reasons here). None of it is accurate but if it makes you feel better about why I don't agree with you then go for it.

Maybe if you didn't include the unsubstantiated statements as fact then more people might want to engage in discussion with you.

Edited by Andyj965
  • Like 9

• Administrators
I'm very open to fact finding and discussions. I'm not open to people presenting false statements as fact. I spend a significant portion of my working life investigating, assessing data and filtering fact from fiction/interpretation. I'm also wrong often enough and will be the first to admit I've been proven wrong. I don't believe you've done that yet.

I don't know everything. Far from it. And I firmly believe that the more you know the more you realise how much you don't know. But that doesn't mean i should just believe whatever is thrown out there.

Well said Andy. The good old Dunning Kruger Effect at its finest.

dk-effect.png.81b5452a082d660dbed9e2d86b9d9c86.png

• Like 6

In an effort to get back on topic . My Covid plan has been occasionally buying stocks on the ASX. Seeing interest rates are so low there is very little return on banked money so growth in share price and dividends is a way of working the dollars .Looking at what companies will favour in regards to the vaccine rollout. The pinball market is saturated with overpriced machines so I see no value in putting money into this hobby anymore.
  • Like 3

In an effort to get back on topic . My Covid plan has been occasionally buying stocks on the ASX. Seeing interest rates are so low there is very little return on banked money so growth in share price and dividends is a way of working the dollars .Looking at what companies will favour in regards to the vaccine rollout. The pinball market is saturated with overpriced machines so I see no value in putting money into this hobby anymore.

Yep interesting movements in shares. Also cryptocurrency. Starting to have a play in that space and it's a steep learning curve and interesting observing fear and greed...

Yep interesting movements in shares. Also cryptocurrency. Starting to have a play in that space and it's a steep learning curve and interesting observing fear and greed...

Interesting observation of “fear and greed� because as Covid swept through there was a considerable amount of fear, then the greed of panic buying, society stockpiling food and toilet paper causing more harm anxiety and confict. Recently observed panic buying in WA and only in lockdown for a week. Looking back at how bloody ridiculous people react & fighting over a roll of dunny paper.

• Like 3

Interesting observation of “fear and greed� because as Covid swept through there was a considerable amount of fear, then the greed of panic buying, society stockpiling food and toilet paper causing more harm anxiety and confict. Recently observed panic buying in WA and only in lockdown for a week. Looking back at how bloody ridiculous people react & fighting over a roll of dunny paper.

Brings the best out of people.....not.

Seems like eradication is the aim, which is probably unachievable. There needs to be a common reasoning amongst all states and territories instead of reactive behaviour when there’s a case and they just close borders and introduce ridiculous permit systems. There’s enough confusion and unpredictable behaviour at the moment.
  • Like 2

Yep, it started as flattening the curve so our hospitals wouldn't get overwhelmed. Supposed to kill up around 160-200 thousand Australians as well but it didn't because we closed our countries boarders and locked ourselves in our houses and didn't allow the virus to spread. All cases that have been recent have all been traced back originating from someone coming in from overseas and brought it in with them.

That is all fact as far as I'm aware.

As a side note...

I quite like the 2 weeks quarantine rules myself for all those coming into the nation and would like them to continue especially around our flu season. Flu related deaths are way down as a result and are often higher than this virus has killed last year. Sure, we can all go get vaxinated against Covid but not the flu.

• Like 2

I actually would prefer os people quarantine overseas and then get tested close to the flight time and then do some kind of mini iso and test on arrival. Dunno if that would be feasable though but a nice thought for me.

That would only be feasible if the country of destination stipulated that as a condition of entry.

Seems like eradication is the aim, which is probably unachievable. There needs to be a common reasoning amongst all states and territories instead of reactive behaviour when there’s a case and they just close borders and introduce ridiculous permit systems. There’s enough confusion and unpredictable behaviour at the moment.

Eradication is theoretically possible, but won't happen as long as the incompetent ALP/LNP cartel is running the circus. For all practical purposes, this virus is endemic, yet governments still persist with 'coronavirus policies' (read as: mass surveillance and restrictions on liberty) that don't appear to have any end goal as far as the virus is concerned. The only conclusion I can take from that is that the restrictions themselves are the end goal.

Indemic except there are basically no cases in Australia.

Until the next quarantine disaster. Making quarantine optional for some people, having quarantine workers who work other jobs, basing quarantine in cities using buildings not designed for the purpose, allowing contact between people in quarantine is a recipe for failure. It is going to keep happening, and the bozos overseeing the farce are going to be taken by surprise every single time.

More to the point...if there are no cases, then why are there still restrictions?

No end goal except saving thousands of lives.

"Saving lives" is impossible. Everybody dies in the end. A life spent hiding away from an environmental hazard which is never going away hasn't been saved, it has been wasted. How many years do you want to spend doing this? At what point do you expect everyone will finally say "Okay, it's worked, now let's get on with life"?

Edited by Pie Chucker
  • Like 3

from the most recent A B S data I could find the average covid death age is 85 with at least one chronic illness . The average australian lifespan is 82.75 years .Think about that for a minute . Is the government really saving lives ? or killing people. In South australia children needing heart surgery are sent to melbourne , in october 2020 four babies died because of border closures they could not travel to melbourne for routine heart surgery.This is just one example , but there are many. Meanwhile as people die needlessly due to power tripping public servants .The elite get exempted (Tom Hanks and entourage got an exemption ) and don't get me started on the football exemptions , but obviously a grand final is far more important than a daughter travelling interstate to see her father before he dies, and to attend his funeral. There is a big increase in suicides and mental heath issues not caused by wu flu but government over reach, lock downs and restrictions
  • Like 3

Until the next quarantine disaster. Making quarantine optional for some people, having quarantine workers who work other jobs, basing quarantine in cities using buildings not designed for the purpose, allowing contact between people in quarantine is a recipe for failure. It is going to keep happening, and the bozos overseeing the farce are going to be taken by surprise every single time.

More to the point...if there are no cases, then why are there still restrictions?

"Saving lives" is impossible. Everybody dies in the end. A life spent hiding away from an environmental hazard which is never going away hasn't been saved, it has been wasted. How many years do you want to spend doing this? At what point do you expect everyone will finally say "Okay, it's worked, now let's get on with life"?

It is the "policy" Reactions to the super scary coronavirus hype that are causing human suffering in a widespread manner, but who cares about that right.

No sense in being scared of life people!! . It is still free for now. Life Be In It! :cool:

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKN83rR0u6g

Anyone might think there is some sort of consensus, that no doctors with any different opinions exist :unsure

Actually there are hundreds more, many hundreds, or thousands even... nobody really seems to have this sort of ignored or suppressed information put in front of them.

By "sort", I mean reasonable and with reference, but still deserves to be criticised. Putting a link to share stuff and things I discovered that raise questions, gives others an opportunity to short cut in some way, not need to filter through for bits that seems slightly more legitimate, in amongst all the masses of jargon and commentary.

For goodness sake, You Can Do It!! ;)

Edited by razorsedge

The only common thread that runs through what you've said is a sense of grievance. It's very hard to understand where that comes from.

I don't understand the value of saying COVID 19 is endemic (it's not) and then simultaneously lamenting that quaratine could break down (the only thing that is prevently it from being endemic). Next is complaining about the 'bozos overseeing the farce' being the public health people who have stopped us from turning into the UK or US; the very same people who have had their recommendations for pandemic preparedness ignored for the last decade or so.

Finally, we get the suggestion that lives can't be saved which is just flat out false as you acknowledge one sentence later. It also quite obviously has no moral basis. It amounts basically to fuck the elderlyy, the diabetics, those with respiratory issues (including asthma), people with heart issues etc.

• Like 7

The only common thread that runs through what you've said is a sense of grievance. It's very hard to understand where that comes from.

I don't understand the value of saying COVID 19 is endemic (it's not) and then simultaneously lamenting that quaratine could break down (the only thing that is prevently it from being endemic). Next is complaining about the 'bozos overseeing the farce' being the public health people who have stopped us from turning into the UK or US; the very same people who have had their recommendations for pandemic preparedness ignored for the last decade or so.

Finally, we get the suggestion that lives can't be saved which is just flat out false as you acknowledge one sentence later. It also quite obviously has no moral basis. It amounts basically to **** the elderlyy, the diabetics, those with respiratory issues (including asthma), people with heart issues etc.

You are certainly right that Coronavirus Disease '19 is not endemic.

What is proving to be endemic is the Novel Coronavirus '19. Anyone disputing that aught to check their "information". It negatively affects a very small proportion and those whom Are at risk have not been being protected by authorities the way they should have been through this fiasco. Government - Nursing home failures R' Us!

Dropped the ball and done the unscrupulous things.

At least some places see sense in not destroying the economy, businesses, peoples lives, and society as much. Thank goodness for that too.

Another thing that is endemic is govt trampling roughshod all over small business for no good reason, that even includes Aust. Post franchisees.

People really do seem to have some questionable priorities.

People really do seem to have some questionable priorities.

Have you read what's going on overseas? Would you rather be in the US, UK, Germany or Australia? Do you know why we can move around whithout there being virtually no risk to our health from covid? It wasn't all luck, the lockdown in Vic for instance, saved our bottom here for instance.

Not questionable priorities only the saving of businesses, lives and our economy. There is a clear link between higher numbers of deaths from the virus and a weaker economy for instance. source:https://ourworldindata.org/covid-health-economy. Nothing is perfect in this scenario, however we're in an enviable position.

:unsure:blink::rolleyes:confused::D:o;)

• Like 4