Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

COVID-19 / what’s your plan?

Tonjo

@Gemini2544 you've just confirmed why I've never attended your meets. From reading all your posts on AA, something in the back of my mind always said "nah don't bother with this one". Thanks for finally settling that niggling feeling.
Doug is a really nice guy in person and his meet was great. Everyone has a different opinion and a different way of expressing themselves. Better than bottling it up like Ned Flanders is all

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug is a really nice guy in person and his meet was great. Everyone has a different opinion and a different way of expressing themselves. Better than bottling it up like Ned Flanders is all

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

There's express and then there's weird shit. I dunno mate we'll see how it pans out in the morning?

• Super Moderator

7 days social isolation for Doug.

I apologise for my earlier derail, but as is true of the world, shit was getting serious, and a bit like a coiled spring, some things need to unwind.

Stay safe people.

• Like 2

So, for someone who has an at-risk partner, and also manages an essential community service, where does your conscience lie?

i take both of these roles very seriously.

I’m aiming to have most of my office team able to work remotely by the end of the week, but there’s also 80 field staff attending older, vulnerable people in their homes every day.

I’m hoping to be able to work from home some of the time from next week, and a couple of office staff would prefer to keep going in, which should be fine unless we have an incident that requires a lockdown. We have implemented a minimum 2 metres between staff, but the field staff do still need to come in occasionally.

I’m also copping a lot of pressure from the in-laws to stay at home and isolate, to take care of my partner. Easier for them now that they are retired....

i am pretty much travelling in my car alone to work and back, and only stopping for essentials. And practicing social distancing and hand sanitising etc.

Anyway, just having a vent where I can..... its been a long week of 12 hour days.

Not expecting any answers!

• Like 9

So, for someone who has an at-risk partner, and also manages an essential community service, where does your conscience lie?

i take both of these roles very seriously.

I’m aiming to have most of my office team able to work remotely by the end of the week, but there’s also 80 field staff attending older, vulnerable people in their homes every day.

I’m hoping to be able to work from home some of the time from next week, and a couple of office staff would prefer to keep going in, which should be fine unless we have an incident that requires a lockdown. We have implemented a minimum 2 metres between staff, but the field staff do still need to come in occasionally.

I’m also copping a lot of pressure from the in-laws to stay at home and isolate, to take care of my partner. Easier for them now that they are retired....

i am pretty much travelling in my car alone to work and back, and only stopping for essentials. And practicing social distancing and hand sanitising etc.

Anyway, just having a vent where I can..... its been a long week of 12 hour days.

Not expecting any answers!

I too am under a lot of stress going out all too often to keep things going and have to look after a 94yo and an at risk wife. Not easy but if everyone assists as best they can even if their circumstances are not really threatened would be greatly appreciated by me that's for sure.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Ok.. I posted this on another forum yesterday. Not being an alarmist (hopefully) but time will tell. The person mentioned has since died, today in Toowoomba.

I know of a case (second hand but direct from the source) here in Brisbane, where two elderly people who arrived on a cruise a ship from Honolulu (both 69) both diagnosed with CV were refused ventilation / ICU care. The husband with more serious symptoms was taken to palliative care and told to basically get well or die. He pulled through. Word is that they won't life support those over 60 citing not enough resources to combat the imminent outbreak. Its here and its is so real.

Lock it down

Stay home

Stay safe

• Like 2

• Administrators
Changing the tone a bit, Being an Kiwi...vibes are positive in NZ, really positive. I have 86/87 year old parents doing well. My dad takes the dog for a walk (solo and allowed). No known ailments to both but mum does too much and the weather is harsh. They moved back from OZ 12 months ago - more family that can look after them. They get food drops from family and Dad just bought one of those motorised push biles LOL - he goes to the local "dairy" when no ones there. Anyway, just a nice story.

Wow, a positive post. Give your folks my love mate.....the best of the best you and your family!

• Like 1

So what's happening in Straya as far as lockdown is concerned? Are you being asked nicely to stay home or you must stay home?

Here in NZ, we're on complete shut down for four weeks. National State of Emergency has been declared and new laws passed to keep people home. Unless you are an essential worker, you're going to get food(one person per household), vet/doctor/pharmacy or a walk around the block, you aren't allowed to leave your property.

We have been told to stay home, but it is not yet being tightly enforced. Essential workers are still going to work and schools close on Monday.

People are still allowed to go outside for exercise etc. Just no large gatherings in groups.

To be honest, our government response has been a shit-show at both a state and federal level. It is going to get a lot worse soon.

For example, they passed laws a couple of days ago saying hairdressers could remain open, but haircuts had to be fewer than 30 minutes. They just rolled back the 30 minute rule yesterday and how haircuts can continue as normal. It's completely irrational.

So what's happening in Straya as far as lockdown is concerned? Are you being asked nicely to stay home or you must stay home?

Here in NZ, we're on complete shut down for four weeks. National State of Emergency has been declared and new laws passed to keep people home. Unless you are an essential worker, you're going to get food(one person per household), vet/doctor/pharmacy or a walk around the block, you aren't allowed to leave your property.

Luckily you have a relatively small population and I think you guys will beat the infection rate faster than us in Australia. Issue will be that you guys will be past the worst and no other country (except China and Taiwan) will be. Unless you completely shut your borders for years, chances are the virus will eventually come in to your country anyway.

I think this is the plan from your commie Doomer Climate Change Cult PM anyway. Completely shut your country down, go broke and use the virus as an excuse to return you guys to caves and back to the 1700's.

I think in OZ we will be in the same lockdown scenario as you guys in the next few days or so. We are currently on stage 2 lockdown.

I sincerely wish you well.

Everyone has an opinion and they are entitled to it. Everyone also has an arsehole. Arseholes and opinions are the same. The only thing that comes out of them is poo. I am not sure why one persons poo is more importent than some one elses poo. It is all poo. When you start playing with it, you will get it all over yourself.

Some people need to get over themselves. I feel everyone on this thread is doing the right thing re social distancing and doing the right thing to control the spread of the virus. Lets see what the future will bring.

Edited by pinballaddicted
spelling

Everyone has an opinion and they are entitled to it. Everyone also has an arsehole. Arseholes and opinions are the same. The only thing that comes out of them is poo. I am not sure why one persons poo is more importent than some one elses poo. It is all poo. When you start playing with it, you will get it all over yourself.

Some people need to get over themselves. I feel everyone on this thread is doing the right thing re social distancing and doing the right thing to control the spread of the virus. Lets see what the future will bring.

You talk a lot about opinions, but do you have any facts or data to back up or help us understand how you are forming your opinions? Because I see a lot of people talking in here based on real things happening and data that is available

• Like 4

Sure, but my opinions are based on fact, logic and proper sources of information. Yours result in you calling a democratically elected leader of a country a 'commie Doomer Climate Change Cult PM'.

So yeah, I will stick with informed and logical opinions and none of the bullshit that you spout. Other people will likely do the same.

• Like 4

• Super Moderator

J.jpg.5ffe764ef45a7aa0af003352cd942143.jpg

• Like 9

• Administrators

Another thing bringing my piss to a boil is people at the supermarket standing in front of products on the shelf when other people are trying to get to it. Mrs was just doing her shopping and two arse clowns wearing masks were standing in the one place for 5 minutes staring at the shelf. Even when she said excuse me they looked at her like she just committed a capitol offense. You'd think under the circumstances people would go in prepared but nope.

Dipshits.

• Like 1

I might be one of those people but not sure. My old mother in law keeps sending me on trips to the supermarket for stuff I've never had to buy and mate sometimes I'm in front of shelves going wtf. Got a task to do in a minute where I gotta go to aldi where I never shop to buy something I have no idea where it will be.

But I'm guessing you're talking about a different thing and BTW I haven't taken offence by it just putting a different spin on it.

Oh and getting.list made up from a 94yo is impossible

• Administrators
I might be one of those people but not sure. My old mother in law keeps sending me on trips to the supermarket for stuff I've never had to buy and mate sometimes I'm in front of shelves going wtf. Got a task to do in a minute where I gotta go to aldi where I never shop to buy something I have no idea where it will be.

But I'm guessing you're talking about a different thing and BTW I haven't taken offence by it just putting a different spin on it.

Oh and getting.list made up from a 94yo is impossible

It wasn't my intention to offend just venting and goes back to being considerate to others. It's not like the shelf was empty where they were standing, they were just being rude and it's not an isolated case either.

• Like 1

We have been told to stay home, but it is not yet being tightly enforced. Essential workers are still going to work and schools close on Monday.

People are still allowed to go outside for exercise etc. Just no large gatherings in groups.

To be honest, our government response has been a shit-show at both a state and federal level. It is going to get a lot worse soon.

For example, they passed laws a couple of days ago saying hairdressers could remain open, but haircuts had to be fewer than 30 minutes. They just rolled back the 30 minute rule yesterday and how haircuts can continue as normal. It's completely irrational.

I saw the owner of a hair salon on TV this morning. Dam. Sorry Straya, you gonna be riddled in no time without the enforced lockdown. Schools still open!? WTF. All the best friends.

I think this is the plan from your commie Doomer Climate Change Cult PM anyway. Completely shut your country down, go broke and use the virus as an excuse to return you guys to caves and back to the 1700's.

I think in OZ we will be in the same lockdown scenario as you guys in the next few days or so. We are currently on stage 2 lockdown.

I sincerely wish you well.

At this stage I'd rather be here in NZ with our PM than in Straya with yours. I am a tradie and the government paid me my normal monthly income yesterday while the country is shut down for the next four weeks. We're a pretty clever bunch over here so we'll pull through no probs. We also produce enough food to feed 55 miliion people each week so there will be no shortage.

All the best over there in "the lucky country'.

• Like 7