Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern Stranger Things

Que200

The game looks OK to me based on what I saw in the stream, but doesn't have me looking at how to fit it into my line up. I like the theme, but it certainly doesn't feel like a lot to do - despite 40+ modes. No season 3 content sadly.

I had to step away from the live stream for 30 minutes (and missed the first 5 minutes), so not sure if code version was mentioned - normally they don't talk code versions on the streams anyway, but since the game is available today, I was curious if they would. Looks to me like it's still early.

I'm interested to see how the game develops though over the coming months in terms of code. I also look forward to seeing the premium in action.

The $200 price increase certainly isn't welcome, especially with the recent $400 increase only a month or so ago :( Although part of me thinks that has been done to put more of a gap between the pro/prem/le range and the "home" pin (I don't think that received a price increase did it?).

• Like 1

If I remember correctly code was mentioned as being at .64 or .65 so a looong way to go yet...

Cheers - I did see that figure floated around on pinside, but thought it was just people guessing.

That sounds very early. Lot's of work still to be done then.

I'm going to rewatch the stream on YouTube over the next day or so and see what I pick up that I missed during the live session.

• Like 1

I’m actually a big fan of the show, watched all 3 seasons and it transported me back to the 80’s of my teens.

I think a big part of the appeal is the music which looks like it isn’t in the pin which is a shame.

If I’m the target audience, I’m just not feeling the “gotta gotta have this no matter what” vibe like I did with Ghostbusters then Star Wars.

Then again I didn’t think that about JP2 until I saw the gameplay and went coco-bananas trying to get one ha! :lol

JP is the best Stern game in ages.. If not the best. TWD is brilliant as most know but JP is just WOW..

• Like 5

FYI Compare prices from 10 years ago

Compare this in stern recommend retail prices.

Stern MRRP

Stranger Things LE US$9090

AMD

Stranger Things AU$14250

Au dollar was $1.02 in 2010

Au dollar today 69c

I think the constant aussie price rises are going to reduce sales, especially when one pin goes up but the price is rolled across the rest even though they are not all the high prices in the US or machines sitting as stock in Aus. Just look at Elvira LE's - better buy one quick before they sell out and 4-6 weeks later still available but still lift the prices.

good example is 19/9/19 AMD sold the Jurassic Park Pro for $8850 with the dollar at $1USD = $1.45AUD

now that same game on the 26/12/19 is $9450 with the dollar at $1USD = $1.44AUD

bugger all change in the dollar but a $600 increase in machine cost.

I have a 9 year price history thread of Stern pricing here if interested and capture Aussie Dollar and distributor charge prices along the way

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/to...elease-history

Edited by swinks
fixed date in red
  • Like 7

I think the constant aussie price rises are going to reduce sales, especially when one pin goes up but the price is rolled across the rest even though they are not all the high prices in the US or machines sitting as stock in Aus. Just look at Elvira LE's - better buy one quick before they sell out and 4-6 weeks later still available but still lift the prices.

good example is 19/9/19 AMD sold the Jurassic Park Pro for $8850 with the dollar at $1USD = $1.45AUD

now that same game on the 26/9/19 is $9450 with the dollar at $1USD = $1.44AUD

bugger all change in the dollar but a $600 increase in machine cost.

I have a 9 year price history thread of Stern pricing here if interested and capture Aussie Dollar and distributor charge prices along the way

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/to...elease-history

I think AMD are really going to start to feel the sting of these recent prices rises.

• Like 2

Seems like a fun game to dive into the rules and progress to wizards but not worth the money for mine.

I am truly amazed to see how far this thing can go. More price rises...... Again! Can we get to $20000 for a LE by 2025 ?

Fo shizzle my nizzle I'm Out.

• Like 1

Yeah mate, the official release date was 23 December but they’d been running the game on the line for a few weeks previous so by the reveal there were already games at distributors ready to go.

So on the 23rd you could walk into your favourite Ye Olde Pinball Emporium, slap down your hard earned and walk out with Stranger Things under your arm.

The more amazing thing is that with games rolling down the line there were no leaked photos or anything...

• Like 1

Yeah mate, the official release date was 23 December but they’d been running the game on the line for a few weeks previous so by the reveal there were already games at distributors ready to go.

So on the 23rd you could walk into your favourite Ye Olde Pinball Emporium, slap down your hard earned and walk out with Stranger Things under your arm.

The more amazing thing is that with games rolling down the line there were no leaked photos or anything...

Wow that’s insane hey-love them or hate them it’s a bloody well oiled machine that just keeps churning them out. Even a flop release would probably sell a few thousand through there worldwide distributor network?

• Like 2

I'm considering one just waiting to see what the story is with the projector imaging on the pf. I think it's a solid fan layout with some cool tweaks. And a good theme.

STDM have posted a semi worthy review given it's early days and make some interesting critiques. They even played it... which comes in handy when listening to someones review of the game.

Maybe worth checking out if anyone is half interested.

• Like 2

I'm considering one just waiting to see what the story is with the projector imaging on the pf. I think it's a solid fan layout with some cool tweaks. And a good theme.

STDM have posted a semi worthy review given it's early days and make some interesting critiques. They even played it... which comes in handy when listening to someones review of the game.

Maybe worth checking out if anyone is half interested.

I used to listen to their reviews but with meny now selling the product I'm not sure how unbiased he can be and bones being a good friend of his as well. I hope this is not the case but I'm having problems not thinking this