Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, big thanks to Simon and Steve at Amusement Worx who offered to host the SA Masters and do a repeat of the awesome event last year. However, COVID social distancing restrictions mean that the event is not possible at this venue.

So more big thanks to Ray and the community at Port Pirie who are willing to host this event for us. They have a large venue at Bowland which already has 10 of Ray’s machines and more will be coming in from the pinball community up there (which surprisingly is a hotbed of pinball collecting.)

Ray has some machines you don’t see very often, it makes for a great tournament. I look forward to seeing you up there. And very sincere commiserations to those from interstate who won’t be able to make it for one reason or another, you made last year’s event really “special� (TM Bruce McAveney). Maybe we’ll see one or two of you there (the venue is 2 hours closer to Perth!)

• Like 5

Lambo, will you need to spend two weeks in hotel quarantine upon returning to Brisbane????

I've just had a look at the QLD Health site and it only mentions quarantine if you return from a declared hotspot (ie. NSW, ACT & Vic). Unless I'm wrong or missed it.

• Like 1

Hi all!

So as @pinballcreature has announced, we are going to be putting on a show at Bowland Port Pirie on the SA Masters weekend.

Steve Bowden has all of the various provisions around mandatory compliance covered as part of regular business operations there, including employment of "Covid Marshals". This also covers the regular Bowling, Gaming and Service of Alcohol requirements. We have a max of 100 people and the venue must manage entry/capacity, which from my understanding is including staff. It is not a "lockout" type of event, and general public will still have access to the venue, although participants will have prioritised access. We are unlikely to get anywhere near those numbers, but there they are. Names and contact taken of all attending the venue including non pinball. Hygene, physical distancing as appropriate. I think there is going to be temperature testing initially, just due to people from out of town.

Playing Pinball. The machines will be wiped around buttons and lockdown once daily with isopropyl. The reliance will more be on Hand Sanitiser which is available at the venue, all I'll say is players may be encouraged to sanitise hands before each new match, and attempt to avoid hand-face contact. I'm not a CV Marshal for the event, these details will be more to Their discretion on the day, but there is plenty of room with good precautions taken. All should be well and fine.

I saved the less dreary stuff for last...

With no IFPA running, I thought I'd go for a bit less intense, more "playing the games" sort of show. I'll be leaving the games with liberal software settings and extra balls on, as they usually are (all games limited to either 1 or 2 EB per match). Outlanes will be as wide as possible (but not going crazy), and Tight tilts with One danger, or none for the older games. General IFPA guidelines will be applied to player behaviour, Myself, Digger and Chazza will be giving direction.

Pingolf, a Group Machplay, one of Paul's Flip Frenzy Matchplays, and I rekon some Stall Ball?. We'll end up running around 14-16 games I think, maybe more, but I have a count of 14 as a bare minimum. We could have alot more like previous years, but I would prefer to focus on reliability. Not all of my games are working 100% atm and rather than use any of those, I'd prefer to put time into servicing and going over the games I currently have faith in for reliability. Of course we will always have faults and failures at times, but I want to minimise it by starting the weekend with reasonably solid, properly functioning games. I'm not confirmed as yet on whom is bringing what from the local community, might make 18 games... but these are some, most are already there:

Twilight Zone

Whitewater

Demolition Man

Roadshow

Total Nuclear Annihilation

Batman Forever

The Flintstones

Seawitch

Frankenstein

Swords of Fury

Baywatch

Alien Star

Space Station

Judge Dredd

We're going to simply do a "cover charge" for the weekend which will be $70.00 and can be paid on entry. I'll confirm later whom will be collecting this exactly (counter staff I hope), but the two main proportions are for the Venue Services, and then for myself in the provision of bulk serviced machines and tech support for the event. Not sure but may involve paper tag braclets for the weekend. We might well stop the public playing games on freeplay (off when not in use with "reserved"), leaving just Flintstones Only on coins at the Kiosk for public and ourselves, pump and dump. If they want to play any other pin they will need to pay the cover-charge and join in. Also provided will be Very Modest prizes. Nothing to the usual expected level is on offer in the way of Trophies or Prizes. I think I might be able to scratch up a couple of Custom Pinball Machine Trophies from somewhere though, but all in all the best prize is Playing Pinball!!

Friday night from 6pm

Saturday from 11am

Saturday night 7pm

Sunday from 11am

20200808_125148.thumb.jpg.2b9527191f7f256d329ddfb3749b37dd.jpg

• Like 6

With The Flintstones as a pump n dump, it will be the only event with any significant prizemoney. Single best game, top 4 prizes. Using game high score table, but also recorded on paper and/or selfie.

Anyone unfamilliar with how the game rolls, short vid here of the actual game we will be using, being played... kinda poorly :lol

• Like 4

Just saw the games list: Alien star and Space station - it’s a good wk end already!

Just for you George, I made a vid ;)

So we can all picture what happens if you can hit the money shot (10k per spin) while in 5x multiball Lol ... million point shot :o

The longer term aspect is building all four top lanes, and getting the hold early. Then build to 5x Bonus. Get bonus maxed and held. Then repeatedly collect the "s" lane, for 5x full bonus, over and over again. This bonus collect is Not multiplied by the Playfield Multiball multiplier, only multiplied by whatever the Bonus Multiplier is at.

Obviously, as you progress some lanes become benign, or depleted. The Hold and Extra Ball will only ever score once per Ball in play (and you want Hold first). The Bonus Multiplier lane can award/progress up to four times, but bonus multipliers also can come from Left Inlane-Right orbit-Obscure Target ... shot. Then it (the 'T' lane) becomes a nothing too. The Collect Bonus on the left 'S' lane Always awards when lit. So, if you have all four lower and all four uper 'star' inserts lit and everything maxed, every ball that goes up spinner has a kinda roughly 25% chance of collecting max bonus. Just keep balls going up that spinner lane and not down the guts ;)

Realised afterward sorry, the overexposure, I'll keep recording. :cool:

Edited by razorsedge
  • Like 4

I had another go at it Sunday night, Exposure turned down ... and somehow miraculously did "the thing" :o

GC Game! ... Yaaay! :slamtilt:

Classic nasty uncontrolable drain at 1:15 ... Lol

Also highlighting how helpful Hold Bonus early can be, at 3:55, the ball registers the 'S' lane twice (up first, then again coming back down). After the first count is completed with built up bonus, it then awards the second round 3x but only at 1k for the lane because bonus was not held. Would have collected Full count twice there with hold bonus.

1.4M point shot 5:55

The recorder wigged out for some reason, but didn't miss anything really.

Edited by razorsedge
  • Like 4

I’m in Ray, just cleared it with the missus :)

P.S. you may want to consider using soap and water to wipe down the lockdown bars and buttons. Soap is more effective against the coronavirus than sanitiser and it won’t damage the paint on the cabinet and plastic buttons like alcohol might. Sanitiser is recommended when you don’t have access to soap and water.

• Like 4

@razorsedge , do u have a short version of times, location, fee, how to register etc so I can share this with people not on AA?

Bowland Port Pirie. 71B Esmond Road, Port Pirie

Haven't actually got any kind of registration list going on as such, not sure if @pinballcreature is keeping any tabs on Adelaidians?. $70 cover charge for the whole weekend ... pay at the door. I'd say there would be up to 10 locals that we know of, as well as any newbies whom might show up from the Bowland Facebook page. They should have something up soon there too, if not already.

11/9/20 Friday night from 6pm - SA Matchplay Masters

12/9/20 Saturday from 11am - SA Pingolf Masters - Top 4 Pingolfers at the end of the day go into a finals round.

12/9/20 Saturday night 7pm - Or whenever Pingolf concludes - Stall Ball, Split Flipper, Timed "Heads-Up" ... novelty/open

13/9/20 Sunday from 11am - Head to Head single match round "Flip Frenzy" (or matchplay FF)

Pump and Dump going on Flintstones at the kiosk which will be $1 games with 50% as the pool.

Pingolf as the trophy event, I have one (1) coveted Pinball Machine trophy, which I still have yet to rub up and get the plaque for. .... plan is to have a fairly relaxed sort of pace and just get together to play pinball!

425406516_2020-09-0418_26_45.png.4f23cd4f64bdd469df71064718ddcc4e.png

:slamtilt:

• Like 2